Pandering: Carson campaign now say "muslim" comments aimed at GOP primary base...

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
Republican Ben Carson Claims Benefits From Muslim Criticism

Carson's campaign reported strong fundraising and more than 100,000 new Facebook friends in the 24 hours after he told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday: "I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation."

His campaign manager Barry Bennett told The Associated Press on Monday:
"While the left wing is huffing and puffing over it, Republican primary voters are with us at least 80-20."

"People in Iowa particularly, are like, 'Yeah! We're not going to vote for a Muslim either," Bennett said. "I don't mind the hubbub. It's not hurting us, that's for sure."

So, yeah, it's pandering.

Sorry to say, but Dr. Carson is a pretty short-sighted individual when it comes to stategema. It goes back to the same old argument that was made against the GOP in both 2008 and in 2012: that the "red meat" that many candidates threw to the "base" in order to curry favor ended up being a poison-pill for the GOP nominee come November.

Looks like the same scenario is now playing out again for 2016, with Trump and his many and sundry comments about Mexicans, immigrants and women, and now Carson's bizarre excursion into the world of 'a muslim is not qualified to be president' line of thought. Sure looks to me as if Carson is trying to out-Trump Trump.

Discuss. Will this kind of pandering help or hurt the GOP come November, 2016?

Please remember Mitt Romney's etch-a-sketch moment that never happened.

You call it pandering. I call it someone with a brain who speaks his mind.

Obviously folks like what he had to say.

Not everyone is a PC idiot like you. No Muslim should ever be president of the US of A.

Muslims want to rule the world and they will kill anyone who gets in the way of that goal. Oh and its idiots like you that will help them achieve it.

He's obviously a neophyte. We know why he's saying it, but you don't admit it without making yourself look bad!

Republican Ben Carson Claims Benefits From Muslim Criticism

Carson's campaign reported strong fundraising and more than 100,000 new Facebook friends in the 24 hours after he told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday: "I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation."

His campaign manager Barry Bennett told The Associated Press on Monday:
"While the left wing is huffing and puffing over it, Republican primary voters are with us at least 80-20."

"People in Iowa particularly, are like, 'Yeah! We're not going to vote for a Muslim either," Bennett said. "I don't mind the hubbub. It's not hurting us, that's for sure."

So, yeah, it's pandering.

Sorry to say, but Dr. Carson is a pretty short-sighted individual when it comes to stategema. It goes back to the same old argument that was made against the GOP in both 2008 and in 2012: that the "red meat" that many candidates threw to the "base" in order to curry favor ended up being a poison-pill for the GOP nominee come November.

Looks like the same scenario is now playing out again for 2016, with Trump and his many and sundry comments about Mexicans, immigrants and women, and now Carson's bizarre excursion into the world of 'a muslim is not qualified to be president' line of thought. Sure looks to me as if Carson is trying to out-Trump Trump.

Discuss. Will this kind of pandering help or hurt the GOP come November, 2016?

Please remember Mitt Romney's etch-a-sketch moment that never happened.
you should run statty... you know everything, and you'd get the upside down clown vote right out of the gate !

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It's going to hurt him and it will be in the same way that Huckabee is hurt. He's catering to a very small group. Republicans are also calling him out on it. That right there is the sign,

Yeah and he won't retract his remarks. This crop of candidates finally has balls

And that's ok. This man has every right to vote for whatever his personal reasons are. I have no doubt that he really believes this. That said, he has made multiple statements recently that indicate that he is using religion for political ends. It cheapens him.

Yeah and he won't retract his remarks. This crop of candidates finally has balls

And that's ok. This man has every right to vote for whatever his personal reasons are. I have no doubt that he really believes this. That said, he has made multiple statements recently that indicate that he is using religion for political ends. It cheapens him.
Carson denies evolution, has shown he knows jack shit about vaccines, foreign policy.. He's also a hypocrite.

Carson denies evolution, has shown he knows jack shit about vaccines, foreign policy.. He's also a hypocrite.

He isn't going anywhere. He won't be in the oval office.

He isn't going anywhere. He won't be in the oval office.
Yep.

Just checked out what he said. I can remember when he was the toast of the medical community. Now he's going to be the laughing stock!

Cheap as he may be, he's still not a Democrat

Just checked out what he said. I can remember when he was the toast of the medical community. Now he's going to be the laughing stock!

Actually, I came across a letter from a brain surgeon that said something to the effect that he was glad Carson had put himself out there because people assumed brain surgeons knew all kinds of stuff outside of medical stuff. Carson was able to prove they didn't know jack all outside of that.

Never mind. It was a funny and not real.
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...g-stereotype-about-brain-surgeons-being-smart

Your thread title is a lie.

Stating that they don't care that the libs/media are upset because the GOP base is fine with it, is not admitting that the statement was pandering.

A more honest title that still expressed your disapproval would have been

"Carson campaign dismisses media questions about muslim comment because base supports them: Pandering?"

Then your op you could try making your case based on it's merits.

ef311820432a01330925005056a9545d.jpg

Libs and Dems, Carson is not pandering.

He is telling us all what he really thinks.

Forum List

Back