Papa John's Facing 250 Million Dollar Lawsuit

Papa Johns should give up in the US and close its franchises before the stores are closed for them. obama's war, and there are plenty of liberal footsoldiers, is against enterprise. Papa Johns should close like Hostess is going to fold as a victim of the grasping unions.

Papa Johns should give up in the US and close its franchises before the stores are closed for them. obama's war, and there are plenty of liberal footsoldiers, is against enterprise. Papa Johns should close like Hostess is going to fold as a victim of the grasping unions.

No let Obama force them to close.......If people dont see the fascism of this administration they will never believe it. This is going to be a tough couple of years.....

How do you know it's Obama's fault and not because their pizzas suck? Tried them a couple of times and their product is a poor excuse for the real thing, regardless of their claim of "better ingredients". How about a better recipe?

Looks like karma is a bitch for that piece of shit owner of papa johns. The douchebag is now facing a 250 million dollar lawsuit for illegally spamming customers, and in the light of this news, the company's stock plunged 2% and is likely to keep falling. :clap2:

Papa John's faces $250 million spam lawsuit - Nov. 13, 2012

So to get even with one person you are happy thousands of his employees could be out of work. Typical Liberal thinking.

Again, Obama won the election, yet you Liberals are still so angry. Why?

Papa John's are franchises, and if anyone is going to be out of work, it's from Papa John lying and using his employee's as pawns from being a right wing butthurt bitch.

Black Labia is misleading at best!
Caroline Oyler, Papa John's head of legal affairs, said that Papa John's corporate text messaging program is not subject to the lawsuit, as the text were sent "by third-party vendors and a small number of franchisees."
I'll give BL a chance to correct himself before I neg him.

A far left judge trying to apply a 1991 law when there was no text messaging in 1991.

Proof he is? Or are you just making up garbage,.:eusa_think:

No proof on how he votes.
Just because he was appointed by President Regan does not mean that he is automatically a Republican or conservative.
I was just basing it on, that Seattle's politics lean famously to the left compared to the U.S. as a whole. :D

Black Labia is misleading at best!
Caroline Oyler, Papa John's head of legal affairs, said that Papa John's corporate text messaging program is not subject to the lawsuit, as the text were sent "by third-party vendors and a small number of franchisees."
I'll give BL a chance to correct himself before I neg him.

Read the link, Papa John's hired the company that was sending the illegal messages on their behalf. Both papa john's and the company are being sued.

Negged for not reading.

How do you know it's Obama's fault and not because their pizzas suck? Tried them a couple of times and their product is a poor excuse for the real thing, regardless of their claim of "better ingredients". How about a better recipe?

The answer is obvious. If their product sucked, they wouldn't have grown. They wouldn't have had more than one short lived outlet.

Now liberals who are determined to end success by any means necessary want an end run around success and destroy the company with a frivolous lawsuit. If they can't be boycotted out of business, they can be sued out of business or even unionized out of business. Give it up, stop fighting and let the libs have what they want, close the business.

Looks like karma is a bitch for that piece of shit owner of papa johns. The douchebag is now facing a 250 million dollar lawsuit for illegally spamming customers, and in the light of this news, the company's stock plunged 2% and is likely to keep falling. :clap2:

So to get even with one person you are happy thousands of his employees could be out of work. Typical Liberal thinking.

Again, Obama won the election, yet you Liberals are still so angry. Why?

Papa John's are franchises, and if anyone is going to be out of work, it's from Papa John lying and using his employee's as pawns from being a right wing butthurt bitch.

I used to work in a company that had a corportate headquarters with over a thousand franshises. Any lawsuit aimed at the company whether it be one franchise or corporate will have a negative lasting affect on everyone.

For the record, Papa Johns was wrong to send text messages if true. But unlike you, I don't cheer for the demise of the company because I know there are thousands of employees there just trying to make a living that had nothing to do with this. Again, it's typical Liberal thinking, or lack of thinking I should say.

The answer is obvious. If their product sucked, they wouldn't have grown. They wouldn't have had more than one short lived outlet.

Now liberals who are determined to end success by any means necessary want an end run around success and destroy the company with a frivolous lawsuit. If they can't be boycotted out of business, they can be sued out of business or even unionized out of business. Give it up, stop fighting and let the libs have what they want, close the business.

Probably they were good when they were small, but once corporatist cost-cutting to enhance quarterly profit over longterm growth kicked in, they lost what they used to be. You want to blame Obama for that?

Probably they were good when they were small, but once corporatist cost-cutting to enhance quarterly profit over longterm growth kicked in, they lost what they used to be. You want to blame Obama for that?

It is very simple. Papa Johns is one of those franchise companies that has the ability to stop selling franchises in the US and limit their lawsuit exposure. Someone that wants to buy a Papa Johns franchise does not have to buy one here. They can pay here, make the investment here, and then get the company support somewhere else. Hire employees in another country. I don't blame obama. I blame the general anti business climate that obama nurtures. That anti business climate includes suing business out of business.

If you don't like the kind of pizza made and sold by corporatists, then buy it from a neighborhood store. Why haven't you done that already?

It is very simple. Papa Johns is one of those franchise companies that has the ability to stop selling franchises in the US and limit their lawsuit exposure. Someone that wants to buy a Papa Johns franchise does not have to buy one here. They can pay here, make the investment here, and then get the company support somewhere else. Hire employees in another country. I don't blame obama. I blame the general anti business climate that obama nurtures. That anti business climate includes suing business out of business.

If you don't like the kind of pizza made and sold by corporatists, then buy it from a neighborhood store. Why haven't you done that already?

I do. The best pizza in Baltimore is a one shop joint. Even the newer gourmet places can't touch it. Phillipo's-Highlandtown for those coming to visit. Having grown up in the NYC area, it can be tough to find good pizza in Baltimore. Glad I was turned on to them.

Last edited:
Why do we hate Papa John's?

Because the pizza blows. I couldn't care less about his politics. The pizza just isn't any good.

Chick-Fil-A is good food (imho) so I don't care where he donates his money or where he stands on gay marriage. I eat there - I don't taste any political leanings.

This lawsuit has as much chance of succeeding as you have of making a rational post.

Unfortunately it does. The amount won't be anywhere near the amount they are suing for, but the TCPA is very specific and VERY strict on cell phone solicitations. You need to explicitly opt-in, provide an opt-out and only message during a states business hours (usu from 8-9).

If the facts are true, Papa Johns violated the TCPA and there are statutory damages that will be assesses. But it not even going to hit $1 mil!

Forum List

Back