There Is No "White Privilege"

Did you look at that study? I did. Do you know how they "identified" a black name? They looked that the North Carolina DMV traffic infractions list. They found names like Patrice, Maurice, Leroy, and Reginald. Those don't necessarily sound black to me (Patrice sounds French; I hear Leroy and I think of a hillbilly). But since they took it from the NC DMV, a greater proportion of blacks will make it appear a black name.
Their methodology for determining a racially distinctive name is explained. It goes wel beyond your methodology which is "doesn't sound black to me".

We classified a name as racially distinctive ifmore than 90% of individuals with that name are of a particular race, and selected the most common distinctive Black and white names for those born between 1974 and 1979. Distinctive last names came from the 2010 U.S. Census. We selected names with high race-specific shares among those that occur at least 10,000 times nationally. The full list of experimental names appears in Appendix Table F2.

The use of the names was data driven.

Yet you couldn't list them, as I did for the lies you believed.

I would like to remind all that Trump's exaggerations and fibs have no where near the significance of the most prodigious liar ever to infest the White House, Hussein Obama.

Nothing Trump has prevaricated about amounts to a hill of beans compared to these examples:

1. Obama told illegal aliens to go and vote, saying "When you vote, you're a citizen yourself."

2. After promising that Iran would never get nuclear weapons, Obama guaranteed them nukes.

October 7 2008, in the second presidential debate: "We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table"

The first is an attack on America, the second, on all of Western Civilization.
I can tell you his first one! When he said his inaugural crowd size was larger than Obama's.

I'll give you another one, when he said Biden kills new borns.

I'll give you one more, just for hood measure, when he said Kamala would be a pushover while he is too pussy to debate her!

Their methodology for determining a racially distinctive name is explained. It goes wel beyond your methodology which is "doesn't sound black to me".

We classified a name as racially distinctive ifmore than 90% of individuals with that name are of a particular race, and selected the most common distinctive Black and white names for those born between 1974 and 1979. Distinctive last names came from the 2010 U.S. Census. We selected names with high race-specific shares among those that occur at least 10,000 times nationally. The full list of experimental names appears in Appendix Table F2.

The use of the names was data driven.
They also took names from the North Carolina DMV infractions list. So a name like Patrice--that might be whiter in the wider society--is going to be black from the North Carolina infractions list.

Conclusion: flawed data.

There's are at least 3 accounts (on this thread) that are the same person.

One guy turned this thread into a joke. As he always does.

They also took names from the North Carolina DMV infractions list. So a name like Patrice--that might be whiter in the wider society--is going to be black from the North Carolina infractions list.

Conclusion: flawed data.
We are talking about speeding. Everyone speeds.

I looked further at the study claiming more white resume names than black resumes names are more likely to get an interview. I looked at the names. There are alternate spellings of the same name. For example:

Lakesha
Lakeisha
Lakisha

and

Tamika
Tameka
Tomeka

The researchers sent the fake resumes to 800 employers. That means the same employer (or even same person) is likely being inundated with the same resume name, but alternate spellings.

So, how long do you think it takes before the HR manager figures out she is being scammed by fake resumes?

Conclusion: Flawed data.

No white privilege because PC says so, though she is lying through her teeth.

Good to see you back.
Thank you.

I wonder if you would care to respond to this example of proof that it is culture not race that is the problem:

.I'd like to see some of those at the rally against 'oppression of people of color' explain this:

In Brownsville, Brooklyn, the per capita shooting rate is 81 times higher than in nearby Bay Ridge, Brooklyn
—the first neighborhood predominantly black, the second neighborhood predominantly white and Asian. As a result, police presence and use of proactive tactics are much higher in Brownsville than in Bay Ridge.

This incidence of crime means that innocent black men have a much higher chance than innocent white men of being stopped by the police because they match the description of a suspect. This is not something the police choose. It is a reality..." The Danger of the “Black Lives Matter” Movement

Again?

'In Brownsville, Brooklyn, the per capita shooting rate is 81 times higher than in nearby Bay Ridge, Brooklyn
—the first neighborhood predominantly black, the second neighborhood predominantly white and Asian.'

Brownsville population, ......60,000

Bay Ridge population.......70,000

It the culture, not racism nor white privilege. Wake the heck up

Forum List

Back