Paying reparations in America would be immoral- The reality of slavery in America versus everywhere else

Studies have already been commissioned. You have no thoughts on those?
Which one? Name one. I haven't read one yet that gave a real detailed look of what reparations would actually look like, just general ideas and recommendations.
Studies have already been commissioned. You don’t have any thoughts on those?
Its weird that you yourself seem to be aware of them and cant name a single one. Is there one you would like to talk about? :dunno:
I’m not imagining anything, I’m listening to what they are saying.
Are you? I dont know many black supremacists. Maybe that an affect of the type of circles you travel in....
Because the studies that have already been done have suggested that the injustice is worth multiple millions of dollars to every black…NON IMMIGRANT…citizen of the subject of the study.
Have they? Which one?
Good grief, when I say “black people” it should be obvious I’m only talking about those who would be eligible for the packages being proposed.

Commissions have been seated, studies have been done…some of these studies recommend being used as a national model.
Well then link to it and we can talk about it and whatever problems you have with it. Until you do that I'm kind of operating blind here.
“Subjective”…meaning “based on personal feelings”

The courts can determine the injustice and compensation for Floyd and Breonna based on the actions they can SEE.
They see the injustice but what that injustice is worth is subjective.
Ok, you say “let’s leave it up to the commission”…what if the commission comes back and says reparations are not justified, or it’s just a minor compensation, would you have any thoughts on it then?
Probably.
What facts? You haven’t given any. This entire discussion has been you basically saying “I don’t have any opinion on the already proposed packages are, let’s wait on some other commission to see what they say”
I don't have detailed thoughts on the ones I've seen because they weren't that detailed. My thoughts on them were, "ok, that's an idea". I'm fine with San Francisco giving every Black American eligible for their program a million dollars or whatever it was. That's my thought.
Yes, they do. What do you think would happen if you gave upward of 30 million people a bunch of money, free homes, free education? You think the economy is just going to stay the same? Of course not, things will get more expensive.
I don't make decisions based on what you fantasize the economy doing in the future.
I’m not asking you entertain anything, I’m just trying to get you to give a comment on anything that has already been proposed. You won’t do it.
I'd just like to know what I'm actually commenting on.

Hate to tell you this Molly, I grew up on the back end of Jim Crow, so get your facts right. White women in this country have never been treated like black women or men have in this country. Nowhere near it.

Why did Japanese Americans receive reparations?

Why has America given Israel over 246 billion since the Holocaust?

Why did America give reparations to native Americans?

Why did America pay restitution to Eskimos?

Why did America pay restitution to former slave owners?
But you are wanting reparations for all black people,even those who were not affected directly bu Jim Crow. And whether one person suffered more than another is a moot point, they still suffered, but not in this lifetime.

But you are wanting reparations for all black people,even those who were not affected directly bu Jim Crow. And whether one person suffered more than another is a moot point, they still suffered, but not in this lifetime.
No only the black folks whose families were slaves or came up during Jim Crow. So, explain to me why these folks' deserved reparations, but not black folks who suffered in this country for over 400yrs.

Why has America given Israel over 246 billion since the Holocaust?

Why did America pay restitution to former slave owners?

Which one? Name one. I haven't read one yet that gave a real detailed look of what reparations would actually look like, just general ideas and recommendations.

Its weird that you yourself seem to be aware of them and cant name a single one. Is there one you would like to talk about? :dunno:

Are you? I dont know many black supremacists. Maybe that an affect of the type of circles you travel in....

Have they? Which one?

Well then link to it and we can talk about it and whatever problems you have with it. Until you do that I'm kind of operating blind here.

They see the injustice but what that injustice is worth is subjective.

Probably.

I don't have detailed thoughts on the ones I've seen because they weren't that detailed. My thoughts on them were, "ok, that's an idea". I'm fine with San Francisco giving every Black American eligible for their program a million dollars or whatever it was. That's my thought.

I don't make decisions based on what you fantasize the economy doing in the future.

I'd just like to know what I'm actually commenting on.

California has 1 or 2 commissions, Indiana has one..either of them?

What black supremacists? I’m not saying anything like that, you can read them on the forums here, they post all kinds of things.

Have they? Which one?

The San Francisco reparations committee

". I'm fine with San Francisco giving every Black American eligible for their program a million dollars or whatever it was. That's my thought.

That one proposed 5M for every eligible person, $97,000 guaranteed income for the next 250 years, homes for $1, elimination of person debt and tax burdens, and other recommendations.

So. I thought for the future, just “let’s do it and see what happens”?

Someone has to think of these things because if they don’t, then they are not doing their due diligence.

No only the black folks whose families were slaves or came up during Jim Crow. So, explain to me why these folks' deserved reparations, but not black folks who suffered in this country for over 400yrs.

Why has America given Israel over 246 billion since the Holocaus

Did
Why did expAmerica pay restitution to former slave owners?
I
Come on Molly, now you are playing dumb.

[QUOTE="Superbadbrutha, post: 35098069, member: 24341
Come on Molly, now you are playing dumb.

Are you really telling me you don't believe whites have benefitted over blacks from slavery and Jim Crow?
[/QUOTE]
Did you not read my replies? TODAY? How have I benefitted more than you? You keep avoiding or wrongly interpreting my replies. Now who is playing dumb? The Japanese reparations were in their lifetime. Land was taken from NA. Israelis did not receive reparations from the Holocaust.

Forum List

Back