peace through surrender? Trump suggests the US & EU both drop all tariffs & barriers on everything

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
"The European Union is coming to Washington tomorrow to negotiate a deal on Trade. I have an idea for them. Both the U.S. and the E.U. drop all Tariffs, Barriers and Subsidies! That would finally be called Free Market and Fair Trade! Hope they do it, we are ready - but they won’t!" - Trump

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

first he kissed Putin's butt, now this??

"The European Union is coming to Washington tomorrow to negotiate a deal on Trade. I have an idea for them. Both the U.S. and the E.U. drop all Tariffs, Barriers and Subsidies! That would finally be called Free Market and Fair Trade! Hope they do it, we are ready - but they won’t!" - Trump

Dropping all tariffs was a goal from the get-go, moron.

oh. Trump's playing 432423D chess...i forgot!

No, he's doing what he campaigned on: Leveling the playing field.

You do know what that means, or you need someone to explain it to you?

So..you think that getting us into a trade war reminiscent of the early part of the last century...is in the service of dropping all tariffs? We have a Robber Baron for a President!

iu

When you are one of the biggest players..leveling the field sounds great..somehow I doubt that the smaller kids of Europe will buy into any of Trump's bs.

When you are one of the biggest players..leveling the field sounds great..somehow I doubt that the smaller kids of Europe will buy into any of Trump's bs.
You're richer than me, so let's make a trade agreement. You give me $100 a day and I will trade you $1 in return.

what if i'm a secret globalist who hates america...or a democrat? (i repeat myself!)

You're richer than me, so let's make a trade agreement. You give me $100 a day and I will trade you $1 in return.
Sounds simple, huh? Except every one of those nations are out to get their best deal--has anyone given thought to what happens if they decide to make a better one? Russia? China? Treaties, money, trade perks..are how we bind the world to our subtle will---or at least, how we did....

You still don't know what side you're on.

This isn't rocket surgery.

Your left brain needs to learn to trust Trump. The left brain is always wrong. Don't listen to it.

Sounds simple, huh? Except every one of those nations are out to get their best deal--has anyone given thought to what happens if they decide to make a better one? Russia? China? Treaties, money, trade perks..are how we bind the world to our subtle will---or at least, how we did....
The POTUS is all about getting the best deal for America. He's getting better trade deals. That's the point. It's a battle the US can't lose, since past agreements gave away the store.

Does this mean you won't trade me $100 to my $1 in return?

The POTUS is all about getting the best deal for America. He's getting better trade deals. That's the point. It's a battle the US can't lose, since past agreements gave away the store.

He is not..so far..getting any 'better trade deals". Today he announced 12B of aid to US farmer's...who are being hit by the trade war. What a very Democratic sort of thing for him to do! Ask people in the secondary markets..who use aluminum....or steel. Your view seems to be that of someone who thinks he has the upper hand...when in fact..it is not nearly as clear as all that, to me.

You make deals that benefits you.

If you make the deal to sell your product in my market with no tariffs, while you put tariffs on my product, you gotta love that deal. That deal might be good for you, but it's not good for me, not anymore.

Trump was campaigning and warning everyone we trade with that game has to be changed and there will be tariffs on everyone that has tariffs on our product. Everyone ignored those warnings, have they? Canada even raised tariffs on our dairy products, just to whine when we slap them back.

Trump then offered completely free market, no tariffs, which is actually great move by him. They're faced with two choices, the deal they hate (tariffs on their products) and deal Trump wants (no tariffs at all). Either way works for us.

Put it this way, the goal of Trump tariffs is not to raise the prices of foreign products, the goal is to make them lower their tariffs on our products to the same level as ours (almost none existent before Trump). It will take some time to work, it might sting us a little, but we'll manage it, the question is... can they?

You make deals that benefits you.

If you make the deal to sell your product in my market with no tariffs, while you put tariffs on my product, you gotta love that deal. That deal might be good for you, but it's not good for me, not anymore.

Trump was campaigning and warning everyone we trade with that game has to be changed and there will be tariffs on everyone that has tariffs on our product. Everyone ignored those warnings, have they? Canada even raised tariffs on our dairy products, just to whine when we slap them back.

Trump then offered completely free market, no tariffs, which is actually great move by him. They're faced with two choices, the deal they hate (tariffs on their products) and deal Trump wants (no tariffs at all). Either way works for us.

Put it this way, the goal of Trump tariffs is not to raise the prices of foreign products, the goal is to make them lower their tariffs on our products to the same level as ours (almost none existent before Trump). It will take some time to work, it might sting us a little, but we'll manage it, the question is... can they?
Austerity is not unknown to Europeans...How much pain do you think we can really take? As pampered as the last few generations have been.....I'd not bet on too much.

He is not..so far..getting any 'better trade deals". Today he announced 12B of aid to US farmer's...who are being hit by the trade war. What a very Democratic sort of thing for him to do! Ask people in the secondary markets..who use aluminum....or steel. Your view seems to be that of someone who thinks he has the upper hand...when in fact..it is not nearly as clear as all that, to me.
Cool. So our 100-1 deal is a go?

Forum List

Back