Pelosi orders removal of portraits of ex-House speakers who served in Confederacy

Why celebrate people who actively were working against democracy? Confederates wanted to overthrow the government and form their own nation.

We should bulldoze Greece, Rome, the Egyptian pyramids because they were constructed with slave labor am I right. #sarcasm

She should remove the busts and portraits of all traitors that fought against the USA. That includes any and busts and portraits of President John Tyler who not only encouraged succession but served in the confederate House.

i'd rather have them than Pelosi

That means that a lot of Democrats will have had their portraits removed including Robert Byrd's statue.
I agree with you.:abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
Why celebrate people who actively were working against democracy? Confederates wanted to overthrow the government and form their own nation.
It isn't a celebration. It is an acknowledgment that they served.

They call that "History". We sometimes learn from it.

Putting up their portrait in a place of honor is celebrating someone.
It is acknowledging that they contributed. History can be or can't be a celebration of an event or a person, but WE do not destroy history because we are butt hurt.

We should bulldoze Greece, Rome, the Egyptian pyramids because they were constructed with slave labor am I right. #sarcasm

Not the same thing. And, those aren't our country. Why should we celebrate people that actively wanted to overthrow our government? Might as well hang a portrait of Benedict Arnold there if that is your opinion.

I guess your would put up a bust or portrait of Benedict Arnold. He served as well.

It is acknowledging that they contributed. History can be or can't be a celebration of an event or a person, but WE do not destroy history because we are butt hurt.

Removing their portraits from a place of honor isn't "destroying" history. Those people whose portraits were removed are still in the books, just not hanging up in a place of honor.

Not the same thing. And, those aren't our country. Why should we celebrate people that actively wanted to overthrow our government? Might as well hang a portrait of Benedict Arnold there if that is your opinion.

Not the same thing? King Tut's tomb was full of slave labor contraband BURN IT!!! BLM drag all that slave labor contraband out of US museums and BURN IT NOW!!! OH SNAP!!

I guess your would put up a bust or portrait of Benedict Arnold. He served as well.
Did he serve in Congress?
Not the point. Would you put the bust or portrait of Benedict Arnold up at West Point?

Removing their portraits from a place of honor isn't "destroying" history. Those people whose portraits were removed are still in the books, just not hanging up in a place of honor.
Where no one can see or understand who they were and what they stood for.

Not a good plan.

As I said, the next SoH can simply put them back and hopefully, will pull down Pelsoi's.

After all, when it comes to purveyors of hate, the racists in the south can't hold a candle to her.

Forum List

Back