Per A.I Chat: Members of the CCP generally do not take questions from the media in the same way that politicians in Western democracies do...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I found that fascinating. Americans in particular are quite fortunate to live in a Republic with democratic processes.

This is so different from China, right?

The full response:

Members of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) generally do not take questions from the media in the same way that politicians or public officials might in many Western democracies.

The CCP maintains strict control over the dissemination of information and often manages its public communications through official channels and spokespersons rather than allowing direct interactions between party members and journalists.

Press conferences, if they occur, are typically staged events where questions are pre-approved or screened. Additionally, media coverage in China is heavily regulated, with significant limitations on what can be reported about the CCP and its members. Therefore, while there may be occasions for the media to ask questions, these are often tightly controlled and not indicative of an open dialogue.

I found that fascinating. Americans in particular are quite fortunate to live in a Republic with democratic processes.

This is so different from China, right?

The full response:

Members of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) generally do not take questions from the media in the same way that politicians or public officials might in many Western democracies.

The CCP maintains strict control over the dissemination of information and often manages its public communications through official channels and spokespersons rather than allowing direct interactions between party members and journalists.

Press conferences, if they occur, are typically staged events where questions are pre-approved or screened. Additionally, media coverage in China is heavily regulated, with significant limitations on what can be reported about the CCP and its members. Therefore, while there may be occasions for the media to ask questions, these are often tightly controlled and not indicative of an open dialogue.

Wow, you could replace CCP with the Biden/Harris administration and this would still be a factual assessment.

Forum List

Back