Perry to Announce Late August

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
This is awesome news. With Obama being the worst president in nearly a century, it has been depressing that we have such a low caliber of candidates running, and so many really quality guys have opted out.

RealClearPolitics - Rick Perry Eyes Late August Campaign Launch

Texas Gov. Rick Perry is all but certain to launch a presidential campaign and is nearing an announcement set for the second half of August, according to sources familiar with his political team's planning.

Potential donors to Perry's presidential effort met Tuesday in Austin, and those familiar with what transpired there told RealClearPolitics that key players in Perry's orbit indicated the 61-year-old Republican will announce a campaign between Aug. 15 and Aug. 31. Perry himself said on Friday that he'll at least make his intentions known within the next three to four weeks.

In the past month Perry's team has moved swiftly to put the parts in place for a campaign.

Although Perry always has had a large advance staff because of Texas' size, several low-level staffers on Capitol Hill who have experience doing advance work have departed conspicuously for the Lone Star State in recent weeks.

While Perry has focused on determining whether he can raise the funds necessary to launch a credible campaign, his strategists have begun locking down verbal commitments from vendors and other potential top staff who would fill out a campaign organization. One who was contacted about a senior staff position was told, "This is a 99 percent sure thing." Another said he was told, "He is 100 percent in." That wouldn't seem to leave much in the way of margin of error, but a third vendor who was approached said that while Perry's political circle is lining up a staff, they are doing so without knowing what Perry's final call will be.

This is awesome news. With Obama being the worst president in nearly a century, it has been depressing that we have such a low caliber of candidates running, and so many really quality guys have opted out.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry is all but certain to launch a presidential campaign and is nearing an announcement set for the second half of August, according to sources familiar with his political team's planning.

Potential donors to Perry's presidential effort met Tuesday in Austin, and those familiar with what transpired there told RealClearPolitics that key players in Perry's orbit indicated the 61-year-old Republican will announce a campaign between Aug. 15 and Aug. 31. Perry himself said on Friday that he'll at least make his intentions known within the next three to four weeks.

In the past month Perry's team has moved swiftly to put the parts in place for a campaign.

Although Perry always has had a large advance staff because of Texas' size, several low-level staffers on Capitol Hill who have experience doing advance work have departed conspicuously for the Lone Star State in recent weeks.

While Perry has focused on determining whether he can raise the funds necessary to launch a credible campaign, his strategists have begun locking down verbal commitments from vendors and other potential top staff who would fill out a campaign organization. One who was contacted about a senior staff position was told, "This is a 99 percent sure thing." Another said he was told, "He is 100 percent in." That wouldn't seem to leave much in the way of margin of error, but a third vendor who was approached said that while Perry's political circle is lining up a staff, they are doing so without knowing what Perry's final call will be.

:lol:

I didn't know he was 61; he's older than I thought.

He would likely sail to the nomination. I think that when people see just how intrusive his brand of government is, when they realize he used to be a Democrat fairly recently, and that they realize there is a lack of any gavitas, he will lose to Obama.

I guess we'll know on Wednesday next November though.

I didn't know he was 61; he's older than I thought.

He would likely sail to the nomination. I think that when people see just how intrusive his brand of government is, when they realize he used to be a Democrat fairly recently, and that they realize there is a lack of any gavitas, he will lose to Obama.

I guess we'll know on Wednesday next November though.

I thought he was 59, but apparently, he's 61.

Sorry, I just don't see how Obama can win in 2012.

I don't know anyone who is still really enthusiastic about the guy.

Yesterday, I was watching Chris Matthews. Which is kind of like watching the former Iraqi Propaganda Minister claiming that there are no troops in Baghdad when the tanks are rolling in behind him.

Matthews surrounds himself with four liberal journalists, and they all agreed that Obama ran on "Hope" in 2008, but he is going to have to run on "Fear" in 2012.

In short, his whole campaign is going to be based on, "Well, things are bad, but they'll be worse if the Republicans get back in."

Sorry, can't see how things can get worse than they are now, considering this is the worst I've seen in my lifetime of some 50 years.

Jeebus will finally tell the Secessionist to run for the Christian States of Godtopia? Will he jettison the rest of the godless states or will he annex them all as one big country of Texas..

Jeebus will finally tell the Secessionist to run for the Christian States of Godtopia? Will he jettison the rest of the godless states or will he annex them all as one big country of Texas..

Honestly, if the best argument you have against Perry is a comment about secession he didn't actually make, then you are already starting behind.

And once again, considering that this country is about 85% Christian, do you really think attacking Jesus is a smart move? (And I say this as an agnostic.)

Forum List

Back