PGA Golf hired him as its director of diversity with a mission to change golf's culture. Instead, he says his efforts were cut-off and undermined

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

EmtW0w-WEAUVAP1

another tragedy for black America!

You would think that a game where people hit little white balls with a club--would have some appeal among people of color?

1605277011801.png

Are black people barred from playing in the PGA or at Augusta National?
Nope..not any more--I think the first was in 1975--of course, the club that sponsored the Masters..did not have a Black member until 1990--or a woman until 2012--from the OP link:

More than any other tournament, the Masters reminds us that golf’s history cannot be separated from its present. Its legend is largely built on the exclusivity of a club that did not admit a Black member until 1990 and a female member until 2012. Sifford was never invited to play in the tournament, despite his two PGA Tour victories after breaking the color barrier in 1961; not until 1975 did Lee Elder become the first Black golfer to compete at Augusta National.

Nope..not any more--I think the first was in 1975--of course, the club that sponsored the Masters..did not have a Black member until 1990--or a woman until 2012--from the OP link:

More than any other tournament, the Masters reminds us that golf’s history cannot be separated from its present. Its legend is largely built on the exclusivity of a club that did not admit a Black member until 1990 and a female member until 2012. Sifford was never invited to play in the tournament, despite his two PGA Tour victories after breaking the color barrier in 1961; not until 1975 did Lee Elder become the first Black golfer to compete at Augusta National.
So the black race baiters are just trolling

Sports Illustrated has been "woke" for years and years. I don't know a thing about the issue of this
black golfer but I do know about SI.

No, Lee Elder played in them.

Wikipedia

===

You forgot some dude named Tiger Woods....

10 Black Professional Golfers You Probably Didn’t Know

LINK
See post #7

See post 6, where I profile a number of successful black players, in reply to your question:

"Are black people barred from playing in the PGA or at Augusta National?"

Forum List

Back