Phony Butigieg Only Joined Reserves for his Political Career

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
Butigieg only joined Naval Reserves as Intel Officer (pussy...of which he knows nothing about) to put military service on his record. Went to Afghanistan for 8 months and stayed in the “rear with the gear” (likes gear in his rear) and this is a disgrace to combat arms troops. To join the military for strictly political reasons is a fucking disgrace.
Vets in Public Service: South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg

Actually, he didn't join for strictly political reasons. He felt a bit of guilt that middle American kids who didn't have the advantages that he and his friends had were serving disproportionately to them.

From your link..........................................

And things really started to shift for me when I visited Iowa. I was a campaign volunteer and knocking on doors in a low-income area of South Central Iowa. I was with a couple of old friends from Harvard. It was just really striking how many teenagers from these rural towns were headed straight to the military as soon as they were old enough.

And it prompted some soul searching for us. I got to thinking about how many of my Harvard classmates had served and there weren't many. Of course, I was raised on some of the legends of the Kennedys and other figures from previous generations, when actually going to a place like Harvard meant it was almost assumed that you would serve. And by the time I was there, the reverse was true.

And so it prompted me to ask myself, "If teenagers in rural communities are routinely stepping up and serving, why have I not been wearing my country's uniform?" And I saw the Reserve as an opportunity to continue to have my career in the private sector. I was in management consulting at the time, but also be doing some kind of public service.

And, the reason he joined the Reserves is because he wanted to keep his private sector career, and being in the Reserves would allow him to do that.

That being said, at least he served. Out of all the 18 to 35 yr. olds in this country, only about 30 percent of them are even qualified to enlist. Mayor Pete beat the odds, because he qualified. And, out of all those people who are qualified, only around 1 percent of them actually enlist. He enlisted, was serving, and even deployed to the ME.

How much time and how many war zones have you served in? Me? Over 20 years of service and 4 war zones.

Someone with a little less of an agenda might say he served because he wanted to be of the world his constituents come from and not above them with an armload of excuses, like Trump and a number other right wing armchair warriors that bloviated on the subject over the years..

Actually, he didn't join for strictly political reasons. He felt a bit of guilt that middle American kids who didn't have the advantages that he and his friends had were serving disproportionately to them.

From your link..........................................

And things really started to shift for me when I visited Iowa. I was a campaign volunteer and knocking on doors in a low-income area of South Central Iowa. I was with a couple of old friends from Harvard. It was just really striking how many teenagers from these rural towns were headed straight to the military as soon as they were old enough.

And it prompted some soul searching for us. I got to thinking about how many of my Harvard classmates had served and there weren't many. Of course, I was raised on some of the legends of the Kennedys and other figures from previous generations, when actually going to a place like Harvard meant it was almost assumed that you would serve. And by the time I was there, the reverse was true.

And so it prompted me to ask myself, "If teenagers in rural communities are routinely stepping up and serving, why have I not been wearing my country's uniform?" And I saw the Reserve as an opportunity to continue to have my career in the private sector. I was in management consulting at the time, but also be doing some kind of public service.

And, the reason he joined the Reserves is because he wanted to keep his private sector career, and being in the Reserves would allow him to do that.

That being said, at least he served. Out of all the 18 to 35 yr. olds in this country, only about 30 percent of them are even qualified to enlist. Mayor Pete beat the odds, because he qualified. And, out of all those people who are qualified, only around 1 percent of them actually enlist. He enlisted, was serving, and even deployed to the ME.

How much time and how many war zones have you served in? Me? Over 20 years of service and 4 war zones.
He was campaigning and felt he needed to have military service. Just like his idol JFK. Gary Hart (delegate for him in 1984) pulled same bullshit in 1980’s when he joined Naval Reserves. Buttigieg is a fucking lying sack of shit and typical politician.

Someone with a little less of an agenda might say he served because he wanted to be of the world his constituents come from and not above them with an armload of excuses, like Trump and a number other right wing armchair warriors that bloviated on the subject over the years..
So list the plethora of 2020 Democratic candidates with military service?

Forum List

Back