Police chief fired for bringing the police and citizens together?

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
That's the way it appears to me. We (and I) complain often about corrupt police officers but here we have a police chief that seems to have came up with a great solution to an issue and she is going to get fired over it?

The city wants her to fine a business because someone sprayed graffiti on their business so it seems. I'm assuming they didn't get it cleaned off.

But in the end you are fining someone because they were the victim of a crime. The chief not wanting to do that arranged to get the citizens come together and help clean it up.

She gets fired over it. Another in a long line of issues I'll never understand.

Van chief of police fired, mayor says

Sad but typical. The city probably needs the money and that is why they were pissed the business got out of the fine.

Let's say there is. You use this to fire her?
Of course not. But you don't just fire a police chief over not collecting a fine.
There has to be more to the story.And without the rest of it, we're just guessing that's why she was fired...which the article doesn't really clarify.

Of course not. But you don't just fire a police chief over not collecting a fine.
There has to be more to the story.And without the rest of it, we're just guessing that's why she was fired...which the article doesn't really clarify.

Maybe. Hopefully there is a follow up.

Forum List

Back