🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

And what is the matter with cop observing from a distance instead of detaining and interrogating an innocent man? No crime was broken...only white fear.

How exactly do you know the race of the guy who called 911? You a frickin' psychic?

No, I'm a lot worse than a tea partier, I'm a libertarian. They are Republicans. They want to reduce the rise in spending. We want to slash it. No idea what wanting to reduce government spending and taxes has to do with blacks, but whatever.
No, libertarians aren't worse. The thing is, a true libertarian would not support a police state as you do.

Strawman

Not hypocritical? You are nothing but hypocritical. You want double standards in favor of blacks and against cops and whites. Your views are purely partisan, race whoring and divisive designed to keep blacks angry and Democrat. If you gave a shit about anyone but yourself, you would say we need to deal with what happens, not just treat it as an opportunity to go race pimping.
Not at all...first off, I am a conservative. I just don't allow race to cloud my judgement...Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter what the race is. Detaining and interrogating a man for walking on the street is disgraceful and anti-American. What happens when cops start to detain people for political beliefs? What happens when the government investigates you for your thoughts (IRS Scandal). I am consistent...you are not, you base your views on race.

You're a conservative? LOL, it's the cool leftist authoritarian thing to claim, isn't it? I don't get that.

Blacks have been screwed, but that is fixed by stopping screwing them, not by screwing other people who did nothing wrong.
I agree! See, there is hope for you yet.

There is no hope for you as that isn't what you are doing, just saying.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Yeah..not really a response.

To either Nutz or Asclepias, I really don't track on something. I'd much rather a cop just come up to me and ask me basically what's happening in my life right now rather than following me. I don't understand how we disagree on this.

As for store workers following a black person while shopping .... I think that's a bit different. And it depends. Honestly, some white people have difficulty discerning a college student from a hood. Trevian Martin (sp) for example
Its the idea of being accused of wrong doing simply because of the color of your skin. Like driving through a small town and a cop following you. It happens all of the time. The truth is, cops dare blacks to stand up for themselves. A white person can object, yell and scream if a cop pulls them over or questions them without fear of a violent response. A black has to keep his hands up and speak softly to avoid arrest, harassment or worst.
Bingo. This is the part some whites are in denial about. I have seen whites get away with some things that left me shaking my head.

To detain them, you would have to prevent them from leaving. That didn't happen. A racist like you doesn't give a shit what happened, you've made that clear.
Yes he did. He stopped him and questioned him. Thats the very act of detaining. Again you are not at liberty to change definitions.
Simply not true. The citizen had every right to say "I'm not talking to you, goodbye" and walk away. Or just walk away.
:lmao: Do you really believe that?
Yes, absent the reasonable suspicion in Terry, a cop has no right to detain you or force you to show ID.

Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

HOWEVER, a refusal to talk to a cop can be a reason for the cop to further follow you, and if you go to a car, run a plate and warrant computer search.
Guess what, when you are black...they run your plates anyway!
They'll run anyone's plates who walks away from them, or anyone they made any inquiry as to. And they should. We have no right to privacy as to seeing if our plates are linking to an outstanding warrant.

Looks like you didnt look at the entire definition. I can detain someone and I am not a cop. You can disagree but you would be wrong.

To detain them, you would have to prevent them from leaving. That didn't happen. A racist like you doesn't give a shit what happened, you've made that clear.
Yes he did. He stopped him and questioned him. Thats the very act of detaining. Again you are not at liberty to change definitions.
Simply not true. The citizen had every right to say "I'm not talking to you, goodbye" and walk away. Or just walk away.
Yes, absent the reasonable suspicion in Terry, a cop has no right to detain you or force you to show ID.

Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

HOWEVER, a refusal to talk to a cop can be a reason for the cop to further follow you, and if you go to a car, run a plate and warrant computer search.
Reasonable suspicion is a catch all phrase.

They'll run anyone's plates who walks away from them, or anyone they made any inquiry as to. And they should. We have no right to privacy as to seeing if our plates are linking to an outstanding warrant.
Thats why you walk into a store until they leave.

To either Nutz or Asclepias, I really don't track on something. I'd much rather a cop just come up to me and ask me basically what's happening in my life right now rather than following me. I don't understand how we disagree on this.

As for store workers following a black person while shopping .... I think that's a bit different. And it depends. Honestly, some white people have difficulty discerning a college student from a hood. Trevian Martin (sp) for example
Its the idea of being accused of wrong doing simply because of the color of your skin. Like driving through a small town and a cop following you. It happens all of the time. The truth is, cops dare blacks to stand up for themselves. A white person can object, yell and scream if a cop pulls them over or questions them without fear of a violent response. A black has to keep his hands up and speak softly to avoid arrest, harassment or worst.

It wasn't "simply because of the color" of his skin, so irrelevant.

True..but why only run blackies plate as opposed to whiteys?

I'm used to being followed. It doesnt aggravate me near as much as a cop rudely questioning me over some dumb shit like walking. To top it off its a much more dangerous situation for a cop to question me.

Fair enough, but most people would rather the cop just come up, as a couple questions and go away than follow us.
White people. When cops question Black people they tend to stay hoping for a reason to present itself.
With some cops.
Lots of cops. So many I never met a good one until I was an adult.

No, there are standards for what is and isn't reasonable.

True..but why only run blackies plate as opposed to whiteys?

Who did that?

Bingo. This is the part some whites are in denial about. I have seen whites get away with some things that left me shaking my head.
Well, I keep my hands in plain sight and voice low and calm ... and respectful. But, yes, a black person driving in a white neighborhood is going to get closer scrutiny. I don't think I ever said otherwise. I have to say though that if I'm driving through a black neighborhood at 3am, the cops are gonna give me a looksee. Not that I'd ever do that. But, doing is sort putting up a sign "I am looking for drugs or hookers" Edit "or I'm a psycho white racist looking for trouble or somebody to run over."

And a cop can claim you met those standards with absolutely no proof but his word.

Well, I keep my hands in plain sight and voice low and calm ... and respectful. But, yes, a black person driving in a white neighborhood is going to get closer scrutiny. I don't think I ever said otherwise. I have to say though that if I'm driving through a black neighborhood at 3am, the cops are gonna give me a looksee. Not that I'd ever do that. But, doing is sort putting up a sign "I am looking for drugs or hookers"
I get my pot from white neighborhoods...cops don't care about that. Only stupid white people go to the ghetto for drugs or pussy

Well, I keep my hands in plain sight and voice low and calm ... and respectful. But, yes, a black person driving in a white neighborhood is going to get closer scrutiny. I don't think I ever said otherwise. I have to say though that if I'm driving through a black neighborhood at 3am, the cops are gonna give me a looksee. Not that I'd ever do that. But, doing is sort putting up a sign "I am looking for drugs or hookers"
One of my girlfriends spit in cops face for pulling us over for no reason. I thought for sure I was going to be shot but he just wiped his face and left.

It wasn't "simply because of the color" of his skin, so irrelevant.
But it is not irrelevant and it IS because of the color of the skin!

yes

And a cop can claim you met those standards with absolutely no proof but his word.
Yes, cops lie.

yes

Yes, cops lie.
A lot.

Forum List

Back