🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

To either Nutz or Asclepias, I really don't track on something. I'd much rather a cop just come up to me and ask me basically what's happening in my life right now rather than following me. I don't understand how we disagree on this.

As for store workers following a black person while shopping .... I think that's a bit different. And it depends. Honestly, some white people have difficulty discerning a college student from a hood. Trevian Martin (sp) for example
Its the idea of being accused of wrong doing simply because of the color of your skin. Like driving through a small town and a cop following you. It happens all of the time. The truth is, cops dare blacks to stand up for themselves. A white person can object, yell and scream if a cop pulls them over or questions them without fear of a violent response. A black has to keep his hands up and speak softly to avoid arrest, harassment or worst.

It wasn't "simply because of the color" of his skin, so irrelevant.
But it is not irrelevant and it IS because of the color of the skin!

And your proof?
Oh wait, lemme guess -- you're fucking "psychic". I think you're missing the letter O there.

To either Nutz or Asclepias, I really don't track on something. I'd much rather a cop just come up to me and ask me basically what's happening in my life right now rather than following me. I don't understand how we disagree on this.

As for store workers following a black person while shopping .... I think that's a bit different. And it depends. Honestly, some white people have difficulty discerning a college student from a hood. Trevian Martin (sp) for example
Its the idea of being accused of wrong doing simply because of the color of your skin. Like driving through a small town and a cop following you. It happens all of the time. The truth is, cops dare blacks to stand up for themselves. A white person can object, yell and scream if a cop pulls them over or questions them without fear of a violent response. A black has to keep his hands up and speak softly to avoid arrest, harassment or worst.

A white walking back and forth looking into a store which had been robbed several times and the owner called the cops would have had the exact same conversation with that cop. So no, it had nothing to do with skin color in that case.

And your proof?
Oh wait, lemme guess -- you're fucking "psychic". I think you're missing the letter O there.
try again, your canadian lover logic confuses me

A white walking back and forth looking into a store which had been robbed several times and the owner called the cops would have had the exact same conversation with that cop. So no, it had nothing to do with skin color in that case.
Bull shit.

Bull shit.

Well, you are just wrong. Racism does that to you.

Bull shit.

Well, you are just wrong. Racism does that to you.
Bull Shit.

Bull shit.
No, I think Kaz is right on this. The difference may be that the store owner wouldn't have called if a white guy walked by twice. But we don't know. Maybe he'd been held up by whites in the past.

Bull shit.
No, I think Kaz is right on this. The difference may be that the store owner wouldn't have called if a white guy walked by twice. But we don't know. Maybe he'd been held up by whites in the past.
I believe it would depend on how the white person looked. Short of being a meth addict I think the cop would have just figured the owner was paranoid.

Bull shit.
I believe it would depend on how the white person looked. Short of being a meth addict I think the cop would have just figured the owner was paranoid.
Depends on how close the trailer park is to the store

Bull shit.

I agree we don't know if the store owner would have called if it had been a white, but yeah, clearly the cops would have talked to him if he did. My wife and I owned a restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC across the street from UNC. She called the cops regularly. Most of the time for whites, but it could be any race. She's Korean. They treated the kids the same way every time.

Guess what racist Asclipias, the cops talked to the white kids too! Wow, who saw that coming!

That happened to my wife exactly zero times. Not once did the cops not talk to whoever my wife called them for, and most of them were white. Again, racism is misguiding you.

BTW, Chapel Hill is the most business unfriendly town I've ever owned a business in.

You guys don't seem to realize...if a cop wants to arrest you, he can without any issues or blowback White people don't realize this because the coppers lets them go...black people realize this because they experience it...why do you think the arrest numbers are skewed.

You guys don't seem to realize...if a cop wants to arrest you, he can without any issues or blowback White people don't realize this because the coppers lets them go...black people realize this because they experience it...why do you think the arrest numbers are skewed.

Bull. Cops can certainly do some things like say they smelled marijuana when they didn't and other cops are probably going to back them up. So if you have pot and they say that and they find it, you are probably screwed.

However, to say they can "arrest you" and do it "without any issues or throwback" is complete crap. They can't arrest you because you sweated or have shifty eyes. They have to be able to give an actual reason. And if they are wrong, like they smell pot and you don't have it, they can get away with it to a degree, but if they overdo it they will get into trouble eventually. What lawyers look at are patterns. So if they are establishing that complaints are consistently coming from certain groups, it will probably be noticed.

Most cops care about their job and try to do a good job. That there are bad ones is certainly true, and that blacks have gotten far more scrutiny is undeniable, and I'm not claiming it's 100% even now. On the other hand, this isn't 1950s Mississippi no matter how much you want to pretend it is.

Bull. Cops can certainly do some things like say they smelled marijuana when they didn't and other cops are probably going to back them up. So if you have pot and they say that and they find it, you are probably screwed.
Yeah...they can justify the arrest after the fact...you make my point for me!
However, to say they can "arrest you" and do it "without any issues or throwback" is complete crap. They can't arrest you because you sweated or have shifty eyes. They have to be able to give an actual reason. And if they are wrong, like they smell pot and you don't have it, they can get away with it to a degree, but if they overdo it they will get into trouble eventually. What lawyers look at are patterns. So if they are establishing that complaints are consistently coming from certain groups, it will probably be noticed.
Not true. Disturbing the peace...loitering...littering...trespassing...a cop can arrest anyone for any reason. Outside of the arrest being video taped, it is their word against a ******* word. The cops word will always win.
Most cops care about their job and try to do a good job. That there are bad ones is certainly true, and that blacks have gotten far more scrutiny is undeniable, and I'm not claiming it's 100% even now. On the other hand, this isn't 1950s Mississippi no matter how much you want to pretend it is.
I agree...most cops are honorable and should be given the same (If not more) respect that we give to our military heroes.

As for Jim Crow era...you would be surprised how much gruff blacks get from cops. Look at how they treated the protesters in Ferguson (prior to the looting and rioting). Look how they treated blacks in the wake of Katrina...guns pointed at refugees who lost everything...Towns blocking bridges so blacks couldn't enter their town. Open your eyes. Look at the difference between teapers threatening to use women as human shields and snipers zeroing in on LEO during the Bundy fiasco...Jim Crow may be gone, but police bias towards the negro has not been eradicated.

Forum List

Back