🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

No offense intended, but I have to say that's just crazy. The NORMAL way of human interaction is through language. A cop following me will scare the piss outta me. Big Brother. A cop wants to know something, just ask. I very rarely have anything to hide, and even then it's not illegal ... just immoral. LOL
You are a cool cat, you can't offend me! But I disagree, if no crime is being committed, there is no reason for a cop to detain and question anyone. In this case, the cop would have a reason to observe the 'suspect', but he had no reason to detain and question. How would you like to live in a world where your neighbor can call the cops on you and have them detain and question you because they don't like you?

As for following a person...maybe that can give you some insight the next time a black person complains about being watched or followed while shopping.
Yeah Bendog doesnt strike me as the dick Kaz is. He may be wrong but I have not problem with disagreeing with someone.
Thats how you can tell the difference between true Americans and patriots. True Americans accept diversity in thought...anti-American Nazis can only spew vitriol in response to opposition.

And you put yourself in the former category, not the latter? Fascinating.
I speak the unhypocritical truth. Do you? Do you believe that police overstep their boundaries or not. You are a teaper, right?

No, I'm a lot worse than a tea partier, I'm a libertarian. They are Republicans. They want to reduce the rise in spending. We want to slash it. No idea what wanting to reduce government spending and taxes has to do with blacks, but whatever.

Not hypocritical? You are nothing but hypocritical. You want double standards in favor of blacks and against cops and whites. Your views are purely partisan, race whoring and divisive designed to keep blacks angry and Democrat. If you gave a shit about anyone but yourself, you would say we need to deal with what happens, not just treat it as an opportunity to go race pimping.

Blacks have been screwed, but that is fixed by stopping screwing them, not by screwing other people who did nothing wrong.

No you dont. You dont know what you are talking about.

It's what the word means, you can't "disagree" about the definition of a word.
Looks like you didnt look at the entire definition. I can detain someone and I am not a cop. You can disagree but you would be wrong.

To detain them, you would have to prevent them from leaving. That didn't happen. A racist like you doesn't give a shit what happened, you've made that clear.
Yes he did. He stopped him and questioned him. Thats the very act of detaining. Again you are not at liberty to change definitions.
Simply not true. The citizen had every right to say "I'm not talking to you, goodbye" and walk away. Or just walk away.
We live in different worlds.

To either Nutz or Asclepias, I really don't track on something. I'd much rather a cop just come up to me and ask me basically what's happening in my life right now rather than following me. I don't understand how we disagree on this.

As for store workers following a black person while shopping .... I think that's a bit different. And it depends. Honestly, some white people have difficulty discerning a college student from a hood. Trevian Martin (sp) for example

Looks like you didnt look at the entire definition. I can detain someone and I am not a cop. You can disagree but you would be wrong.

To detain them, you would have to prevent them from leaving. That didn't happen. A racist like you doesn't give a shit what happened, you've made that clear.
Yes he did. He stopped him and questioned him. Thats the very act of detaining. Again you are not at liberty to change definitions.
Simply not true. The citizen had every right to say "I'm not talking to you, goodbye" and walk away. Or just walk away.
:lmao: Do you really believe that?

So that you don't believe the cop would have let him leave is proof when he didn't even try? No, it's not.

You keep yourself in that world with your attitude.

Not really. If you as a black or I as a white exercise our rights as a citizen, we will probably find the cop following us ... at least. More likely the cop will say "show me some ID." If either of us say "no,' we go downtown for a chat.

EDIT, the DIFFERENCE is that I'd just tell the cop what I was doing. I'd figure he suspected me of something, but I had nothing to hide. YOu, on the other hand, would feel likewise singled out, but because of race. And, pissed off because you most likely became suspected because of race.

I agree it's unfair. But unfair isn't the same as unconstitutional.

To either Nutz or Asclepias, I really don't track on something. I'd much rather a cop just come up to me and ask me basically what's happening in my life right now rather than following me. I don't understand how we disagree on this.

As for store workers following a black person while shopping .... I think that's a bit different. And it depends. Honestly, some white people have difficulty discerning a college student from a hood. Trevian Martin (sp) for example
I'm used to being followed. It doesnt aggravate me near as much as a cop rudely questioning me over some dumb shit like walking. To top it off its a much more dangerous situation for a cop to question me.

Not really. If you as a black or I as a white exercise our rights as a citizen, we will probably find the cop following us ... at least. More likely the cop will say "show me some ID." If either of us say "no,' we go downtown for a chat.
In my world its more likely I would find myself on the ground being beaten while the cop is yelling for me to stop resisting.

I paid most of my own way through college. I worked for a while for a cleaning company polishing floors in rich homes. One lady followed me around all day, it was creepy. She was white, I was white. I had no interest in stealing, so at first I couldn't even figure out why she was doing that. But eventually it dawned on me.

Can race be a factor? Of course. But to assume it isn't evidence. There's more racism in the black communities now against whites than the reverse. Most whites are keenly sensitive to not being racist or targeting blacks. The anti-white black crowd is very vocal and active and has no hesitance to say what they are.

So that you don't believe the cop would have let him leave is proof when he didn't even try? No, it's not.
:laugh:

I'm used to being followed. It doesnt aggravate me near as much as a cop rudely questioning me over some dumb shit like walking. To top it off its a much more dangerous situation for a cop to question me.

Fair enough, but most people would rather the cop just come up, as a couple questions and go away than follow us.

I paid most of my own way through college. I worked for a while for a cleaning company polishing floors in rich homes. One lady followed me around all day, it was creepy. She was white, I was white. I had no interest in stealing, so at first I couldn't even figure out why she was doing that. But eventually it dawned on me.

Can race be a factor? Of course. But to assume it isn't evidence. There's more racism in the black communities now against whites than the reverse. Most whites are keenly sensitive to not being racist or targeting blacks. The anti-white black crowd is very vocal and active and has no hesitance to say what they are.
Thats a dumb ass post. You just said it dawned on you why you were being followed. Then you say assuming isnt evidence?

You are a cool cat, you can't offend me! But I disagree, if no crime is being committed, there is no reason for a cop to detain and question anyone. In this case, the cop would have a reason to observe the 'suspect', but he had no reason to detain and question. How would you like to live in a world where your neighbor can call the cops on you and have them detain and question you because they don't like you?

As for following a person...maybe that can give you some insight the next time a black person complains about being watched or followed while shopping.
Yeah Bendog doesnt strike me as the dick Kaz is. He may be wrong but I have not problem with disagreeing with someone.
Thats how you can tell the difference between true Americans and patriots. True Americans accept diversity in thought...anti-American Nazis can only spew vitriol in response to opposition.

And you put yourself in the former category, not the latter? Fascinating.
I speak the unhypocritical truth. Do you? Do you believe that police overstep their boundaries or not. You are a teaper, right?

No, I'm a lot worse than a tea partier, I'm a libertarian. They are Republicans. They want to reduce the rise in spending. We want to slash it. No idea what wanting to reduce government spending and taxes has to do with blacks, but whatever.
No, libertarians aren't worse. The thing is, a true libertarian would not support a police state as you do.
Not hypocritical? You are nothing but hypocritical. You want double standards in favor of blacks and against cops and whites. Your views are purely partisan, race whoring and divisive designed to keep blacks angry and Democrat. If you gave a shit about anyone but yourself, you would say we need to deal with what happens, not just treat it as an opportunity to go race pimping.
Not at all...first off, I am a conservative. I just don't allow race to cloud my judgement...Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter what the race is. Detaining and interrogating a man for walking on the street is disgraceful and anti-American. What happens when cops start to detain people for political beliefs? What happens when the government investigates you for your thoughts (IRS Scandal). I am consistent...you are not, you base your views on race.
Blacks have been screwed, but that is fixed by stopping screwing them, not by screwing other people who did nothing wrong.
I agree! See, there is hope for you yet.

Fair enough, but most people would rather the cop just come up, as a couple questions and go away than follow us.
White people. When cops question Black people they tend to stay hoping for a reason to present itself.

So after a couple questions the cop did let him walk away, the evidence is strongly against you. The guy was intentionally a complete dick to the cop and he didn't do anything. What evidence do you have that he would have stopped him when he never forced the guy to do anything and all he asked was how his day was going?

So after a couple questions the cop did let him walk away, the evidence is strongly against you. The guy was intentionally a complete dick to the cop and he didn't do anything. What evidence do you have that he would have stopped him when he never forced the guy to do anything and all he asked was how his day was going?
He had a camera. Did you miss that important fact?

Yes, absent the reasonable suspicion in Terry, a cop has no right to detain you or force you to show ID.

Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

HOWEVER, a refusal to talk to a cop can be a reason for the cop to further follow you, and if you go to a car, run a plate and warrant computer search.

Its the idea of being accused of wrong doing simply because of the color of your skin. Like driving through a small town and a cop following you. It happens all of the time. The truth is, cops dare blacks to stand up for themselves. A white person can object, yell and scream if a cop pulls them over or questions them without fear of a violent response. A black has to keep his hands up and speak softly to avoid arrest, harassment or worst.

No, libertarians aren't worse. The thing is, a true libertarian would not support a police state as you do.

Strawman

Not at all...first off, I am a conservative. I just don't allow race to cloud my judgement...Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter what the race is. Detaining and interrogating a man for walking on the street is disgraceful and anti-American. What happens when cops start to detain people for political beliefs? What happens when the government investigates you for your thoughts (IRS Scandal). I am consistent...you are not, you base your views on race.

You're a conservative? LOL, it's the cool leftist authoritarian thing to claim, isn't it? I don't get that.

kaz said:
I agree! See, there is hope for you yet.

There is no hope for you as that isn't what you are doing, just saying.

Yes, absent the reasonable suspicion in Terry, a cop has no right to detain you or force you to show ID.

Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

HOWEVER, a refusal to talk to a cop can be a reason for the cop to further follow you, and if you go to a car, run a plate and warrant computer search.
Guess what, when you are black...they run your plates anyway!

White people. When cops question Black people they tend to stay hoping for a reason to present itself.
With some cops.

Forum List

Back