🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

He was sorta nice only because the camera was on him.
With so much pulled out of your ass, you shouldn't have any constipation worries for a while. Having a camera didn't stop the black guy from being a dick.

With people like you on my side I dont need any enemies. Your smug assumption that cops treat Blacks and whites the same is idiotic and part of the issue. #crimingwhilewhite

Strawman
He has the right to be a dick as much as the cop has a right to question him.

True, and contradicts nothing I said. It's the cops job to talk to dicks, and he did a great job of it.
Where did I say you contradicted yourself? He did a terrible job and thats why this became another example on youtube.

Well, he neither interrogated him nor searched him, so that is irrelevant.
He asked him twice what he was doing. It was harassment.
No. Harassment is making you bend over while he probes your ass for dime bags.
Thats a different level of harassment. Thats violating you.
Uhmm.. bullshit.

harassment n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be the basis for a lawsuit if due to discrimination based on race or sex, a violation on the statutory limitations on collection agencies, involve revenge by an ex-spouse, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me"). The victim may file a petition for a "stay away" (restraining) order, intended to prevent contact by the offensive party. A systematic pattern of harassment by an employee against another worker may subject the employer to a lawsuit for failure to protect the worker.
Bull shit. I already quoted that. The cop asked twice after the guy made it clear he was annoyed. EOT

Had he been walking back and forth looking into a store with his hands in his pockets and been white, there's a very real chance he could have had the exact same conversation with the cop. Whether race played any factor at all is impossible to say. But this was a case anyone could have reasonably had the exact same experience. You want a good demonstration of what it's like to be black? this isn't it. There is nothing that's "black" about that experience.

And what is the matter with cop observing from a distance instead of detaining and interrogating an innocent man? No crime was broken...only white fear.
It's not white fear by the cop. Maybe by the store owner. And, that's the point. The cop want's to find out if it's just white fear. You are suggesting, I think, that the cop could do that just by following the guy. The cop could legally do that, because there's no constitutional right to not be followed. But, practically, there are at least two reasons to stop and talk to the guy. First, why play on some guy's paranoia, esp a black guy who may have real reasons to be afraid? Be upfront, and the cop was. "how's your day, somebody mentioned a crime occurring so I'm just checking out the neighborhood .... yadayadah." Second, there's no doubt the cop has no idea why the guy is walking or what he's up to. For all the cop knows, the guy may just have been held up or had his life otherwise wrecked. All the cop did was .... ask.
I meant fear by the white citizen. There was NO reason for the cop to detain and question the black guy. No crime was committed and the cop had no readon to believe a crime was in the process. His mere presence, if a crime was underway, would have foiled it. So there was no reason for the cop to detain and question the black guy.
I have to do something, but I'll respond. There WAS a reason to talk to the guy. A citizen called in and said a guy walked by my store twice and he may be casing me for another robbery. THAT"S a reason. NOT TO DETAIN. The fear by the white CITZEN may have been rational, maybe not; the cop has no way to know of the citzen called because the guy was black or because previous robberies started with a white guy walking with his hands in his pockets. ... casing the joint, so to speak. The reason to talk to the guy is to ascertain whether the fear was rational. But that is a reason to ask "how's your day going."
The cop can observe without speaking. There was no reason to speak with the guy. The cop can determine whether he is a threat without interaction. (And the cop may have been watching the guy, I don't know)
No offense intended, but I have to say that's just crazy. The NORMAL way of human interaction is through language. A cop following me will scare the piss outta me. Big Brother. A cop wants to know something, just ask. I very rarely have anything to hide, and even then it's not illegal ... just immoral. LOL

And what is the matter with cop observing from a distance instead of detaining and interrogating an innocent man? No crime was broken...only white fear.
It's not white fear by the cop. Maybe by the store owner. And, that's the point. The cop want's to find out if it's just white fear. You are suggesting, I think, that the cop could do that just by following the guy. The cop could legally do that, because there's no constitutional right to not be followed. But, practically, there are at least two reasons to stop and talk to the guy. First, why play on some guy's paranoia, esp a black guy who may have real reasons to be afraid? Be upfront, and the cop was. "how's your day, somebody mentioned a crime occurring so I'm just checking out the neighborhood .... yadayadah." Second, there's no doubt the cop has no idea why the guy is walking or what he's up to. For all the cop knows, the guy may just have been held up or had his life otherwise wrecked. All the cop did was .... ask.
I meant fear by the white citizen. There was NO reason for the cop to detain and question the black guy. No crime was committed and the cop had no readon to believe a crime was in the process. His mere presence, if a crime was underway, would have foiled it. So there was no reason for the cop to detain and question the black guy.

He wasn't detained, you don't know what the word means.

With so much pulled out of your ass, you shouldn't have any constipation worries for a while. Having a camera didn't stop the black guy from being a dick.

With people like you on my side I dont need any enemies. Your smug assumption that cops treat Blacks and whites the same is idiotic and part of the issue. #crimingwhilewhite

Strawman

True, and contradicts nothing I said. It's the cops job to talk to dicks, and he did a great job of it.
Where did I say you contradicted yourself? He did a terrible job and thats why this became another example on youtube.
It was not a horrible job. It became a youtube thing cause some stick up the ass black guy decided to post it saying I'm not Michael Brown.

He asked him twice what he was doing. It was harassment.
No. Harassment is making you bend over while he probes your ass for dime bags.
Thats a different level of harassment. Thats violating you.
Uhmm.. bullshit.

harassment n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be the basis for a lawsuit if due to discrimination based on race or sex, a violation on the statutory limitations on collection agencies, involve revenge by an ex-spouse, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me"). The victim may file a petition for a "stay away" (restraining) order, intended to prevent contact by the offensive party. A systematic pattern of harassment by an employee against another worker may subject the employer to a lawsuit for failure to protect the worker.
Bull shit. I already quoted that. The cop asked twice after the guy made it clear he was annoyed. EOT

Had he been walking back and forth looking into a store with his hands in his pockets and been white, there's a very real chance he could have had the exact same conversation with the cop. Whether race played any factor at all is impossible to say. But this was a case anyone could have reasonably had the exact same experience. You want a good demonstration of what it's like to be black? this isn't it. There is nothing that's "black" about that experience.
If he had of been white the only way the police would have been involved is if he looked like he was on meth.

Where was it said that e looked in the store?
The white guy said so. Just like he said he was walking back and forth.
Ahh..so blacks can't window shop

He didn't detain him idiot, you don't know that the word means.
He did, whether you think so or not. When you get pulled over by a cop...you are detained, no? Guess what, when a cop pulls you over, first question he usually asks...How are you !

You don't know what "detain" means.
You dont have to be in custody to be detained. If an officer is questioning you or telling you not to move from the spot you are detained.

Yes, you do have to be in custody to be detained, that is what it means. Detainment is an official act, it is not talking to someone on the street.

Strawman

It was not a horrible job. It became a youtube thing cause some stick up the ass black guy decided to post it saying I'm not Michael Brown.
I disagree. It was a terrible job. He asked once. The guy answered. "Have a nice day" was the last thing that should have come out of the cops mouth. He got defensive and pulled out his camera causing more tension and asked the guy again. Piss poor way to handle it.

He did, whether you think so or not. When you get pulled over by a cop...you are detained, no? Guess what, when a cop pulls you over, first question he usually asks...How are you !

You dont have to be in custody to be detained. If an officer is questioning you or telling you not to move from the spot you are detained.

Yes, you do have to be in custody to be detained, that is what it means. Detainment is an official act, it is not talking to someone on the street.
No you dont. You dont know what you are talking about.

That is the whole issue in a nutshell.

I don't see the issue with a cop talking to someone on the street. He didn't do anything but talk to him. And he continued to be polite even as the man immediately was a dick about it.
Of course you dont see the issue. Youre white.

I'm white and you're a racist who treats whites and cops like you demand blacks not be treated.
You already proved you dont know what detain means. Now you are proving you dont know what racist means. Youre white so your frame of reference is white. Let me know when you grow up as a Black male and can tell me what happens when Black people cross paths with cops.

When cops do wrong they should be held accountable. You want them to be accountable for doing wrong when they are doing their job. You're a bigot.

You are wrong

You are detained any time a cop basically tells you you cant go. A sobriety checkpoint detains you, without you being in custody

Yes, you do have to be in custody to be detained, that is what it means.
Technically, the cops may detain you in a Terry Stop, also called an investigatory stop, if there's reasonable cause to believe there's been a crime and more than likely belief you have some involvement. (A note to the anti-cop stop folks, that involvement may also be you're being a victim and the cops trying to help) In a Terry Stop, you are detained, and you may not leave ... or if you do they can arrest you ... and the cops may ask you questions and even pat you down. If the answers, or non-answers, give the cops probable cause to suspect you're an evil doer, they can arrest you and take you to the station.

Strawman

He did his job well and remained calm while being baited by a dick.

That is the whole issue in a nutshell.

I don't see the issue with a cop talking to someone on the street. He didn't do anything but talk to him. And he continued to be polite even as the man immediately was a dick about it.

I'm white and you're a racist who treats whites and cops like you demand blacks not be treated.
You already proved you dont know what detain means. Now you are proving you dont know what racist means. Youre white so your frame of reference is white. Let me know when you grow up as a Black male and can tell me what happens when Black people cross paths with cops.

When cops do wrong they should be held accountable. You want them to be accountable for doing wrong when they are doing their job. You're a bigot.
No I want them to be held accountable when they do wrong. When they are doing their job they should be doing it correctly. Harassing people is not part of their job description.

It's what the word means, you can't "disagree" about the definition of a word.

Strawman

He did his job terribly and got defensive and harrassed the guy. The guy was righteously a dick because the cop was a dick.

It's what the word means, you can't "disagree" about the definition of a word.
Looks like you didnt look at the entire definition. I can detain someone and I am not a cop. You can disagree but you would be wrong.

Technically, the cops may detain you in a Terry Stop, also called an investigatory stop, if there's reasonable cause to believe there's been a crime and more than likely belief you have some involvement. (A note to the anti-cop stop folks, that involvement may also be you're being a victim and the cops trying to help) In a Terry Stop, you are detained, and you may not leave ... or if you do they can arrest you ... and the cops may ask you questions and even pat you down. If the answers, or non-answers, give the cops probable cause to suspect you're an evil doer, they can arrest you and take you to the station.

Right, but none of that happened. He wasn't detained.

No I want them to be held accountable when they do wrong. When they are doing their job they should be doing it correctly. Harassing people is not part of their job description.

The standard for that should be a reasonable person, not someone with a stick up their ass.

Strawman

He did his job terribly and got defensive and harrassed the guy. The guy was righteously a dick because the cop was a dick.
Translation: The cop was white so he's a racist POS... the guy there to make the film about police harassment was black, so because of his color alone he was being harassed by the cop.

IOW you are a POS racist Troll.

Right, but none of that happened. He wasn't detained.
You evidently have a hard time with definitions. Why dont you copy and paste the entire definition of the word detain.

Forum List

Back