🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

My attorney told me to always ask if i am being arrested, detained or questioned.

So do that. You would have been fine here.

BTW, you can also say my day is going great officer, hope yours is too. That would require the stick being removed from your ass though. A store has been robbed several times, it's the cops job. And not one I'd want. For example, dealing with the dick who shot the video.
I know I would have been fine if I had a camera and plenty of witnesses. The point is that it shouldnt have to come to that. Its ironic you dont seem to get this.

You were in the middle of a MURDER investigation...no comparison, canadian boy.
Not when you have TRULY been harassed for nothing because of the color of your skin.

canadian love defined.

Your continuous reference to "Canadian" is as bizarre as it is deflection. Presumably still butthurt that I, a USian, know more about Canada then you, who claims to be Canadian. That's gotta hurt, eh?

The Constitution is irrelevant here. No one was detained, no one was harassed, and you have no evidence whatsoever that anyone was targeted because he was black. Zero. The pedestrian himself, who edited his won video, admitted on the spot that the cop is doing his job and said he's glad they're out there. McKean himself commended the guy for his composure and wishes him "Happy Thanksgiving" as they part amicably, before going home and editing down the video to the 46 seconds that will impress mental midgets like the OP and you.
Look, canadian lover, police walking up and questioning people on the streets is unreasonable search. The person is indeed detained at that point because if the walk away, they will be stopped. It doesn't matter if the cop was nice or not. Hell, race doesn't even matter. Race is only an issue for your ilk because you think it is okay...only if the victim is black.

Detained means being taken into custody you moron. If you don't know what words mean, Google them before you use them. Talk about choosing to look stupid.

And your claim that a cop to talking to someone is unreasonable search is just unsupportable bilch.
No it doesnt moron. Detained means held. If you cant leave the spot you are being questioned you are being detained.
With these people, definitions change depending on race.

The only ones who have done that in this conversation are you two.

And what is the matter with cop observing from a distance instead of detaining and interrogating an innocent man? No crime was broken...only white fear.

My attorney told me to always ask if i am being arrested, detained or questioned.

BTW, you can also say my day is going great officer, hope yours is too. That would require the stick being removed from your ass though. A store has been robbed several times, it's the cops job. And not one I'd want. For example, dealing with the dick who shot the video.
I know I would have been fine if I had a camera and plenty of witnesses. The point is that it shouldnt have to come to that. Its ironic you dont seem to get this.

That cop was a nice guy, your accusation is preposterous. He was doing his job. That's one wide stick up your ass to cause that kind of butt hurt. Is it a baseball bat?

As I said, I am on the side of calling attention to police procedures. But when you do it in such a flagrantly idiotic way, that harms the cause, it doesn't help it.

And what is the matter with cop observing from a distance instead of detaining and interrogating an innocent man? No crime was broken...only white fear.

He didn't detain him idiot, you don't know that the word means.

That is the whole issue in a nutshell.

I don't see the issue with a cop talking to someone on the street. He didn't do anything but talk to him. And he continued to be polite even as the man immediately was a dick about it.

Where was it said that e looked in the store?
The white guy said so. Just like he said he was walking back and forth.
Ahh..so blacks can't window shop

He didn't detain him idiot, you don't know that the word means.
He did, whether you think so or not. When you get pulled over by a cop...you are detained, no? Guess what, when a cop pulls you over, first question he usually asks...How are you !

That cop was a nice guy, your accusation is preposterous. He was doing his job. That's one wide stick up your ass to cause that kind of butt hurt. Is it a baseball bat?

As I said, I am on the side of calling attention to police procedures. But when you do it in such a flagrantly idiotic way, that harms the cause, it doesn't help it.
He was sorta nice only because the camera was on him. With people like you on my side I dont need any enemies. Your smug assumption that cops treat Blacks and whites the same is idiotic and part of the issue. #crimingwhilewhite

I don't see the issue with a cop talking to someone on the street. He didn't do anything but talk to him. And he continued to be polite even as the man immediately was a dick about it.
Of course you dont see the issue. Youre white.

Blind accusations make such great arguments. I've found most cops to be pretty decent. I've meet a few pricks as well. This cop was nice to the guy. You have no argument.
The cop was nice to the guy...but that is irrelevant. The argument is that interrogations by the police can be and should be equated to unreasonable search.

Well, he neither interrogated him nor searched him, so that is irrelevant.
He asked him twice what he was doing. It was harassment.
No. Harassment is making you bend over while he probes your ass for dime bags.
Thats a different level of harassment. Thats violating you.
Uhmm.. bullshit.

harassment n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be the basis for a lawsuit if due to discrimination based on race or sex, a violation on the statutory limitations on collection agencies, involve revenge by an ex-spouse, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me"). The victim may file a petition for a "stay away" (restraining) order, intended to prevent contact by the offensive party. A systematic pattern of harassment by an employee against another worker may subject the employer to a lawsuit for failure to protect the worker.

It's not white fear by the cop. Maybe by the store owner. And, that's the point. The cop want's to find out if it's just white fear. You are suggesting, I think, that the cop could do that just by following the guy. The cop could legally do that, because there's no constitutional right to not be followed. But, practically, there are at least two reasons to stop and talk to the guy. First, why play on some guy's paranoia, esp a black guy who may have real reasons to be afraid? Be upfront, and the cop was. "how's your day, somebody mentioned a crime occurring so I'm just checking out the neighborhood .... yadayadah." Second, there's no doubt the cop has no idea why the guy is walking or what he's up to. For all the cop knows, the guy may just have been held up or had his life otherwise wrecked. All the cop did was .... ask.

And the difference between being pulled over by a cop as opposed to being stopped by the cops on the streets for walking is that usually the cops have a reason to pull you over for a driving violation

The cop was nice to the guy...but that is irrelevant. The argument is that interrogations by the police can be and should be equated to unreasonable search.

Uhmm.. bullshit.

harassment n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be the basis for a lawsuit if due to discrimination based on race or sex, a violation on the statutory limitations on collection agencies, involve revenge by an ex-spouse, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me"). The victim may file a petition for a "stay away" (restraining) order, intended to prevent contact by the offensive party. A systematic pattern of harassment by an employee against another worker may subject the employer to a lawsuit for failure to protect the worker.
Bull shit. I already quoted that. The cop asked twice after the guy made it clear he was annoyed. EOT

yeah, but there's a flip side. I'm willing to grant you that some white cops are unduly afraid of blacks poeple ... esp really big black people. But as a black your chances of being a crime VICTIM are larger than if you're white. So, it would seem to me black people benefit from proactive, and legal, policing.

It's not white fear by the cop. Maybe by the store owner. And, that's the point. The cop want's to find out if it's just white fear. You are suggesting, I think, that the cop could do that just by following the guy. The cop could legally do that, because there's no constitutional right to not be followed. But, practically, there are at least two reasons to stop and talk to the guy. First, why play on some guy's paranoia, esp a black guy who may have real reasons to be afraid? Be upfront, and the cop was. "how's your day, somebody mentioned a crime occurring so I'm just checking out the neighborhood .... yadayadah." Second, there's no doubt the cop has no idea why the guy is walking or what he's up to. For all the cop knows, the guy may just have been held up or had his life otherwise wrecked. All the cop did was .... ask.
I meant fear by the white citizen. There was NO reason for the cop to detain and question the black guy. No crime was committed and the cop had no readon to believe a crime was in the process. His mere presence, if a crime was underway, would have foiled it. So there was no reason for the cop to detain and question the black guy.

Uhmm.. bullshit.

Bull shit. I already quoted that. The cop asked twice after the guy made it clear he was annoyed. EOT

Asking a question whether once or twice is not by and of itself harassment. If you think asking someone what's up is harassment you need to take that skirt off.

And the difference between being pulled over by a cop as opposed to being stopped by the cops on the streets for walking is that usually the cops have a reason to pull you over for a driving violation
Not exactly. Cops can, and do, put up road blocks. For some legal fiction, they have to be tied to "traffic safey" rather than just looking for "evil doers." But they can and do stop all traffic on selected roadways, and just ask for drivers licenses. I'm not aware of cops trying to "chat up" everyone on a given street.

yeah, but there's a flip side. I'm willing to grant you that some white cops are unduly afraid of blacks poeple ... esp really big black people. But as a black your chances of being a crime VICTIM are larger than if you're white. So, it would seem to me black people benefit from proactive, and legal, policing.
Yes they would. The problem is that is rarely the case. Until I was an adult no one could have convinced me there was an honest cop alive. I saw way too much crap by hundreds of cops. Cops tend to stir anger in the Black community way more than helping it.

Uhmm.. bullshit.

Asking a question whether once or twice is not by and of itself harassment. If you think asking someone what's up is harassment you need to take that skirt off.
"the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions "

Forum List

Back