🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

No, the cop is not asking it for fun. He's doing his job. He's been asked by a citizen who has been robbed in the past to check out a guy who has twice walked by his biz with his hands in his pocs. When the cop asks how's the guy's day been going, he literally means that. The cop doesn't know if the guy's hands are cold, or if he's got a .380 in there. He's trying to assess the person's state of mind. The proper response is "my day's going ok but my hands are cold and I'm out walking because I needed some fresh air (or whatever) and thanks for keeping the street safe, officer."
BS. He doesnt care how the guys day is going. He is asking to see if there is any behavior exhibited that may be suspicious.. You need to bone up on police procedure. There is no proper response. He could say go get fucked and the cop legally cant do anything..
Yah, you are an expert on cops. Actually the cop DOES care how the guy's day's going. Did he just chop off his wife's head? Is he planning on pulling a gun and shooting the cop? Is he casing the biz? Is he getting some exercise before watching the next ball game? The cop has a duty to inquire. I realize you don't like it, but that's the way the law is.
Until he confesses to the cop he chopped his wifes head off theres not much the cop legally can do. The cop doesnt care about his day. He is just looking for a reason. If the guy hadnt pulled out his cell phone he may have ended up dead with a gun planted on him.
LOL. Not many cops are interested in shooting citizens for no reason and planting guns on them. That takes time away from donut stops. (-:

Buy you're simply wrong. The cop REALLY does want to know how the day's going. If the guy goes "swell," and at the same time breaks a sweat or starts looking around, the cop is going to become more suspicious. To make a Terry Stop and frisk the guy, the cop needs probable cause to believe a crime has or is occurring and it's more likely than not that the guy has some "badness." If the guy says, my wife just dumped me, the cop probably want's to assess whether the poor slob shows any indication of harming himself.
And what if the guy said fuck you and walked away?

The odds are low anything would have happened.

Yes it is because you know good and damn well he is not asking you that just for fun.
No, the cop is not asking it for fun. He's doing his job. He's been asked by a citizen who has been robbed in the past to check out a guy who has twice walked by his biz with his hands in his pocs. When the cop asks how's the guy's day been going, he literally means that. The cop doesn't know if the guy's hands are cold, or if he's got a .380 in there. He's trying to assess the person's state of mind. The proper response is "my day's going ok but my hands are cold and I'm out walking because I needed some fresh air (or whatever) and thanks for keeping the street safe, officer."
BS. He doesnt care how the guys day is going. He is asking to see if there is any behavior exhibited that may be suspicious.. You need to bone up on police procedure. There is no proper response. He could say go get fucked and the cop legally cant do anything..
Yah, you are an expert on cops. Actually the cop DOES care how the guy's day's going. Did he just chop off his wife's head? Is he planning on pulling a gun and shooting the cop? Is he casing the biz? Is he getting some exercise before watching the next ball game? The cop has a duty to inquire. I realize you don't like it, but that's the way the law is.
Until he confesses to the cop he chopped his wifes head off theres not much the cop legally can do. The cop doesnt care about his day. He is just looking for a reason. If the guy hadnt pulled out his cell phone he may have ended up dead with a gun planted on him.
LOL. Not many cops are interested in shooting citizens for no reason and planting guns on them. That takes time away from donut stops. (-:

Buy you're simply wrong. The cop REALLY does want to know how the day's going. If the guy goes "swell," and at the same time breaks a sweat or starts looking around, the cop is going to become more suspicious. To make a Terry Stop and frisk the guy, the cop needs probable cause to believe a crime has or is occurring and it's more likely than not that the guy has some "badness." If the guy says, my wife just dumped me, the cop probably want's to assess whether the poor slob shows any indication of harming himself.
There in lies the problem. As I mentioned Black people get harassed by the cops a lot. If one is worried about being harassed or shot you will get nervous. I shouldnt have to take a class in masking my emotions when a cop harasses me.

Their argument is called willful ignorance in attempt to justify hate and abridging ones Constitutional rights because of race.

Have you ever noticed...they only like cops when they are harassing darkies?

Blind accusations make such great arguments. I've found most cops to be pretty decent. I've meet a few pricks as well. This cop was nice to the guy. You have no argument.
The cop was nice to the guy...but that is irrelevant. The argument is that interrogations by the police can be and should be equated to unreasonable search.

Well, he neither interrogated him nor searched him, so that is irrelevant.
Was he responding to a call? DId he ask him questions in response to that call? Do you think the man could have just walked away?

Questoning, in any form is interrogation. You are such a hypocrite.

Their argument is called willful ignorance in attempt to justify hate and abridging ones Constitutional rights because of race.

Blind accusations make such great arguments. I've found most cops to be pretty decent. I've meet a few pricks as well. This cop was nice to the guy. You have no argument.
The cop was nice to the guy...but that is irrelevant. The argument is that interrogations by the police can be and should be equated to unreasonable search.

He asked him twice what he was doing. It was harassment.

LOL, He would have been tazed, tacked, choked or shot in the back.

Yes it is because you know good and damn well he is not asking you that just for fun.

Are you Black?

I said cops have been pricks to me and you say cops are never pricks to whites, so you draw your own conclusion from the deluded world in your mind.

The odds should be non existent.

Are you Black?

I said cops have been pricks to me and you say cops are never pricks to whites, so you draw your own conclusion from the deluded world in your mind.
Thats not an answer. Are you Black?

Again a blind accusation, powerful stuff, I should have known better than to cross swords with you.

Legally, and without anymore than that to make the cop suspicious, probably the cop could and should follow from a safe distance to see what the guy's up to. If there's any knowledge that a crime was recently committed, it's getting very close to the cop being able to ask for ID, and it the guy refuses, then the cop could take him into custody.

Again a blind accusation, powerful stuff, I should have known better than to cross swords with you.
Your "odds are low" is a blind prediction.

True. The odds of the store being robbed should be zero. The odds of buying spoiled milk should be zero. The odds of a plane crash should be zero. We're dealing with people, what is your point?

Legally, and without anymore than that to make the cop suspicious, probably the cop could and should follow from a safe distance to see what the guy's up to. If there's any knowledge that a crime was recently committed, it's getting very close to the cop being able to ask for ID, and it the guy refuses, then the cop could take him into custody.
Unfortunately for a Black guy he winds up in the morgue.

Blind? No, it's based on the thousands a day who are talked to by police on the street every day and the tiny number who are "taxed, tacked, choked or shot in the back."

True. The odds of the store being robbed should be zero. The odds of buying spoiled milk should be zero. The odds of a plane crash should be zero. We're dealing with people, what is your point?
Were dealing with people that have a gun and a badge. That doesnt entitle you to harrass someone for walking with their hands in their pockets. Thats my point.

He probably wouldn't have if the guy wasn't working so hard to be a dick and had just answered it the first time.

Where did I say you can't walk back and forth?
Apparently, a black man CAN'T walk back and forth with his hands in his pockets without getting harassed by the Gestapo.

Apparently he can, since the videos (the unedited ones) show that he did, and admitted as much.
But he couldn't without being questioned by the authorities. What if YOU were stopped for no other reason than walking while white?

I have been, as I've related before, except I was seriously harassed, not this bullshit outrage of being asked civil questions -- I had guns thrust in my face and handcuffs put on and tossed in the back of an umarked car. With no witnesses around. And it wasn't "walking while white", it was "walking while being the only person walking around in the area", as I just posted.
You were in the middle of a MURDER investigation...no comparison, canadian boy.
This story and this thread are complete bullshit. You can either read the thread and see that, or you can wallow in your traditional state of ignoranimity.
Not when you have TRULY been harassed for nothing because of the color of your skin.

This ain't canada Pogo...we have a Constitution...or do you think the Constitution only applies to people of a lighter hue?

Go fuck yourself.
canadian love defined.

Your continuous reference to "Canadian" is as bizarre as it is deflection. Presumably still butthurt that I, a USian, know more about Canada then you, who claims to be Canadian. That's gotta hurt, eh?

The Constitution is irrelevant here. No one was detained, no one was harassed, and you have no evidence whatsoever that anyone was targeted because he was black. Zero. The pedestrian himself, who edited his own video, admitted on the spot that the cop is doing his job and said he's glad they're out there. McKean himself commended the guy for his composure and wishes him "Happy Thanksgiving" as they part amicably, before going home and editing down the video to the 46 seconds that will impress mental midgets like the OP and you.

Blind? No, it's based on the thousands a day who are talked to by police on the street every day and the tiny number who are "taxed, tacked, choked or shot in the back."
Did you interview these people yourself or do you have some statistics? You ever wonder why so many people want nothing to do with cops? Its because they like to throw their badge around.

He probably wouldn't have if the guy wasn't working so hard to be a dick and had just answered it the first time.
He did answer it the first time.

Were dealing with people that have a gun and a badge. That doesnt entitle you to harrass someone for walking with their hands in their pockets. Thats my point.

Walking with their hands in their pockets, back and forth while looking into a store. The cops were just as likely to ask a white guy doing that how their day was going.

Forum List

Back