🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

Where did I say you can't walk back and forth?
Apparently, a black man CAN'T walk back and forth with his hands in his pockets without getting harassed by the Gestapo.
harassment is not having a cop ask you how your day's going.
Yes it is because you know good and damn well he is not asking you that just for fun.
No, the cop is not asking it for fun. He's doing his job. He's been asked by a citizen who has been robbed in the past to check out a guy who has twice walked by his biz with his hands in his pocs. When the cop asks how's the guy's day been going, he literally means that. The cop doesn't know if the guy's hands are cold, or if he's got a .380 in there. He's trying to assess the person's state of mind. The proper response is "my day's going ok but my hands are cold and I'm out walking because I needed some fresh air (or whatever) and thanks for keeping the street safe, officer."
The guy is supposed to know that the cop wants to know why his hands are in his pockets? SO black people are supposed to be able to read minds to prevent harassment? What nonsense. If I were to call the cops because there is someone walking on a PUBLIC street in broad DAYLIGHT in my part of the world, the cops would laugh at me. The police wouldn't even dis[atch an officer.
You would probably get a fine too for wasting police time.

Exactly. The cop was polite even though he was being a dick. He wanted to be questioned. He didn't just walk with his hands in his pocket as you say, he walked back and forth. Note too we don't see a picture of him. I bet he worked hard on his wardrobe to look grungy as well. There is no indication race had anything to do with this.
Denial is the reason white people are rioting and looting in Berkeley.

And how does looting stores and vandalism address denial exactly? BTW, my daughter goes to Berkley and the rioting is within a block of her apartment. She hears and sees no message from them, just destruction and looting.
Oh, I am simply assigning arguments to you that you never made....

But it is the ideal that we blame blacks for all evil while whites are terrorizing looting and rioting in Berkeley...almost as if we want to give them a pass because they are white.

Well Adolph, why do you want to give them a pass for being white? Why do you blame blacks for all evil?
There you go, Cinderella, assigning arguments to me that I never made.
I'm not really sure what you're arguing, but I only see a difference between Berkley and Ferguson in terms of there was more property damage in Ferguson. Race is irrelevant. though Ferguson should try to hire black cops as the older whites retire. The city demographics are changing, and there's nothing improper in trying to keep a civil service force in similar racial makeup as the citizenry.

Denial is the reason white people are rioting and looting in Berkeley.

And how does looting stores and vandalism address denial exactly? BTW, my daughter goes to Berkley and the rioting is within a block of her apartment. She hears and sees no message from them, just destruction and looting.
Oh, I am simply assigning arguments to you that you never made....

But it is the ideal that we blame blacks for all evil while whites are terrorizing looting and rioting in Berkeley...almost as if we want to give them a pass because they are white.

Well Adolph, why do you want to give them a pass for being white? Why do you blame blacks for all evil?
There you go, Cinderella, assigning arguments to me that I never made.

LOL, it always cracks me up when I do to liberals what you are dong to me then you go all drama queen.
LOL, I am no liberal...and I freely told you what I did...it was in honor of what the hate squad on USMB does on a normal basis.

Apparently, a black man CAN'T walk back and forth with his hands in his pockets without getting harassed by the Gestapo.
Yes it is because you know good and damn well he is not asking you that just for fun.
No, the cop is not asking it for fun. He's doing his job. He's been asked by a citizen who has been robbed in the past to check out a guy who has twice walked by his biz with his hands in his pocs. When the cop asks how's the guy's day been going, he literally means that. The cop doesn't know if the guy's hands are cold, or if he's got a .380 in there. He's trying to assess the person's state of mind. The proper response is "my day's going ok but my hands are cold and I'm out walking because I needed some fresh air (or whatever) and thanks for keeping the street safe, officer."
BS. He doesnt care how the guys day is going. He is asking to see if there is any behavior exhibited that may be suspicious.. You need to bone up on police procedure. There is no proper response. He could say go get fucked and the cop legally cant do anything..
Yah, you are an expert on cops. Actually the cop DOES care how the guy's day's going. Did he just chop off his wife's head? Is he planning on pulling a gun and shooting the cop? Is he casing the biz? Is he getting some exercise before watching the next ball game? The cop has a duty to inquire. I realize you don't like it, but that's the way the law is.

BS. He doesnt care how the guys day is going. He is asking to see if there is any behavior exhibited that may be suspicious.. You need to bone up on police procedure. There is no proper response. He could say go get fucked and the cop legally cant do anything..
Their argument is called willful ignorance in attempt to justify hate and abridging ones Constitutional rights because of race.

Have you ever noticed...they only like cops when they are harassing darkies?

Oh, it sucks to be you. I was saying what I did based on the discussion. I had no idea. Just so you know, "kaz" is short for my home town, Kalamazoo, Michigan, and the Detroit Free Press is the far left Detroit newspaper.

Police stop in Pontiac not just about pockets

LOL, you are a true dupe, no intellectual integrity, you dont question anything.

Just so you know, like you, I've been a proponent of focusing attention on the treatment of citizens by the police. Unlike you, I want it to be a genuine process and not a staged witch hunt.

Hope you have some Ben Gay for the butt hurt you're getting.

Their argument is called willful ignorance in attempt to justify hate and abridging ones Constitutional rights because of race.

What constitutional right prevents cops from talking to you on a public street? I'm pretty familiar with the Constitution, I'm not familiar with that particular one though.

The guy is supposed to know that the cop wants to know why his hands are in his pockets? SO black people are supposed to be able to read minds to prevent harassment? What nonsense. If I were to call the cops because there is someone walking on a PUBLIC street in broad DAYLIGHT in my part of the world, the cops would laugh at me. The police wouldn't even dis[atch an officer.
Dude, whenever a cop talks to me, my hands are in plain sight. I have no interest in making the interaction more stressful for either of us. Race shouldn't enter into it.

Yah, you are an expert on cops. Actually the cop DOES care how the guy's day's going. Did he just chop off his wife's head? Is he planning on pulling a gun and shooting the cop? Is he casing the biz? Is he getting some exercise before watching the next ball game? The cop has a duty to inquire. I realize you don't like it, but that's the way the law is.
Until he confesses to the cop he chopped his wifes head off theres not much the cop legally can do. The cop doesnt care about his day. He is just looking for a reason. If the guy hadnt pulled out his cell phone he may have ended up dead with a gun planted on him.

Dude, whenever a cop talks to me, my hands are in plain sight. I have no interest in making the interaction more stressful for either of us. Race shouldn't enter into it.
Mine too. I speak slowly and announce my every move. The point is I shouldnt have to do that. As a Black man I know from experience we get killed or brutalized for stuff white people get away with.

Blind accusations make such great arguments. I've found most cops to be pretty decent. I've meet a few pricks as well. This cop was nice to the guy. You have no argument.

Oh, it sucks to be you. I was saying what I did based on the discussion. I had no idea. Just so you know, "kaz" is short for my home town, Kalamazoo, Michigan, and the Detroit Free Press is the far left Detroit newspaper.

Police stop in Pontiac not just about pockets

LOL, you are a true dupe, no intellectual integrity, you dont question anything.

Just so you know, like you, I've been a proponent of focusing attention on the treatment of citizens by the police. Unlike you, I want it to be a genuine process and not a staged witch hunt.

Hope you have some Ben Gay for the butt hurt you're getting.
Yes I read that when the story first came out. I dont get why thats relevant.

Blind accusations make such great arguments. I've found most cops to be pretty decent. I've meet a few pricks as well. This cop was nice to the guy. You have no argument.
Are you Black?

I realize you don't like it, but that's the way the law is.
Until he confesses to the cop he chopped his wifes head off theres not much the cop legally can do. The cop doesnt care about his day. He is just looking for a reason. If the guy hadnt pulled out his cell phone he may have ended up dead with a gun planted on him.

Great point. He also may have been beamed up by aliens, the sun might have exploded or he could have started vomiting cherry pits. You know like in the Witches of Eastwick? Great scene. Funny movie. Without Jack Nicholson it would have sucked though.

The cop was nice to the guy...but that is irrelevant. The argument is that interrogations by the police can be and should be equated to unreasonable search.

LOL. Not many cops are interested in shooting citizens for no reason and planting guns on them. That takes time away from donut stops. (-:

Buy you're simply wrong. The cop REALLY does want to know how the day's going. If the guy goes "swell," and at the same time breaks a sweat or starts looking around, the cop is going to become more suspicious. To make a Terry Stop and frisk the guy, the cop needs probable cause to believe a crime has or is occurring and it's more likely than not that the guy has some "badness." If the guy says, my wife just dumped me, the cop probably want's to assess whether the poor slob shows any indication of harming himself.

LOL. Not many cops are interested in shooting citizens for no reason and planting guns on them. That takes time away from donut stops. (-:

Buy you're simply wrong. The cop REALLY does want to know how the day's going. If the guy goes "swell," and at the same time breaks a sweat or starts looking around, the cop is going to become more suspicious. To make a Terry Stop and frisk the guy, the cop needs probable cause to believe a crime has or is occurring and it's more likely than not that the guy has some "badness." If the guy says, my wife just dumped me, the cop probably want's to assess whether the poor slob shows any indication of harming himself.
And what if the guy said fuck you and walked away?

The cop was nice to the guy...but that is irrelevant. The argument is that interrogations by the police can be and should be equated to unreasonable search.

Well, he neither interrogated him nor searched him, so that is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back