🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

I can hear it now...oh, that negro Obama is turning America into a police state.
Well, he certainly has armed the police with armored trucks and such. I don't think it was really a bad idea.

Racism exists, and so does profiling to some extent.
There was no robbery, a scared white guy called the cops because he saw a black guy on the streets.
A scared white guy's whose business had been robbed before, and the black guy walked by the store twice. Cops have a job to prevent crime, not just clean up the glass. Part of that involves responding to citizen's calls and investigating. You DO NOT have a constitutional right to not have a cop ask you what you're doing? You DO HAVE a constitutional right to not answer.
No you have to say something or you wind up a victim of police brutality.
Possibly. But if you say nothing, and there's been any recently committed crime, the cop probably has grounds for asking for ID to at least see if you live in the area and a Terry pat down, and absent that probably to take you into custody for a chat down at the station.
No possibly about it. Try not saying something when a cop stops you and watch them assault you while yelling for you to stop resisting.

If you're being sarcastic I don't' get it and if you're not then you're seriously an idiot.
You must be an idiot if you dont know this stuff happens.

Exactly. The cop was polite even though he was being a dick. He wanted to be questioned. He didn't just walk with his hands in his pocket as you say, he walked back and forth. Note too we don't see a picture of him. I bet he worked hard on his wardrobe to look grungy as well. There is no indication race had anything to do with this.
Why cant you walk back and forth and where did he admit he was walking back and forth?

Where did I say you can't walk back and forth?
Apparently, a black man CAN'T walk back and forth with his hands in his pockets without getting harassed by the Gestapo.
harassment is not having a cop ask you how your day's going.
Yes it is because you know good and damn well he is not asking you that just for fun.

That's true. So what?

There was no robbery, a scared white guy called the cops because he saw a black guy on the streets.
A scared white guy's whose business had been robbed before, and the black guy walked by the store twice. Cops have a job to prevent crime, not just clean up the glass. Part of that involves responding to citizen's calls and investigating. You DO NOT have a constitutional right to not have a cop ask you what you're doing? You DO HAVE a constitutional right to not answer.

Exactly. The cop was polite even though he was being a dick. He wanted to be questioned. He didn't just walk with his hands in his pocket as you say, he walked back and forth. Note too we don't see a picture of him. I bet he worked hard on his wardrobe to look grungy as well. There is no indication race had anything to do with this.
Denial is the reason white people are rioting and looting in Berkeley.

And how does looting stores and vandalism address denial exactly? BTW, my daughter goes to Berkley and the rioting is within a block of her apartment. She hears and sees no message from them, just destruction and looting.
Oh, I am simply assigning arguments to you that you never made....

But it is the ideal that we blame blacks for all evil while whites are terrorizing looting and rioting in Berkeley...almost as if we want to give them a pass because they are white.

Why cant you walk back and forth and where did he admit he was walking back and forth?

Apparently, a black man CAN'T walk back and forth with his hands in his pockets without getting harassed by the Gestapo.

Apparently he can, since the videos (the unedited ones) show that he did, and admitted as much.

I can hear it now...oh, that negro Obama is turning America into a police state.
Well, he certainly has armed the police with armored trucks and such. I don't think it was really a bad idea.

Racism exists, and so does profiling to some extent.
No you have to say something or you wind up a victim of police brutality.
Possibly. But if you say nothing, and there's been any recently committed crime, the cop probably has grounds for asking for ID to at least see if you live in the area and a Terry pat down, and absent that probably to take you into custody for a chat down at the station.
No possibly about it. Try not saying something when a cop stops you and watch them assault you while yelling for you to stop resisting.

If you're being sarcastic I don't' get it and if you're not then you're seriously an idiot.
You must be an idiot if you dont know this stuff happens.

That isn't what you said.

You can walk back and forth. But, here's the flip side. Suppose you own a biz that's been robbed twice before, and I walk past your biz twice in a relatively short time span. Why don't I have a reasonable expectation that I can call the cops to come by and just speak to you to see if you act like a robber or just a guy walking past. Do I have to wait to be robbed to ask the cops to protect me?
How does one act like a robber without actually committing a robbery?
walking past a biz twice with his hands in his pockets.
What tells you they are a robber? The walking or the hands in the pocket?

Um...that wasn't what you asked...
That is what I asked. You just quoted it. What about walking past a business twice with your hands in your pocket gives the appearance you are going to rob something? The walking part or the hands in the pocket part?

And how does looting stores and vandalism address denial exactly? BTW, my daughter goes to Berkley and the rioting is within a block of her apartment. She hears and sees no message from them, just destruction and looting.

But it is the ideal that we blame blacks for all evil while whites are terrorizing looting and rioting in Berkeley...almost as if we want to give them a pass because they are white.

Well Adolph, why do you want to give them a pass for being white? Why do you blame blacks for all evil?

Apparently he can, since the videos (the unedited ones) show that he did, and admitted as much.
But he couldn't without being questioned by the authorities. What if YOU were stopped for no other reason than walking while white?

This ain't canada Pogo...we have a Constitution...or do you think the Constitution only applies to people of a lighter hue?

Yes it is because you know good and damn well he is not asking you that just for fun.

That's true. So what?
So its harassment.

"the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group"

Well Adolph, why do you want to give them a pass for being white? Why do you blame blacks for all evil?
There you go, Cinderella, assigning arguments to me that I never made.

You can walk back and forth. But, here's the flip side. Suppose you own a biz that's been robbed twice before, and I walk past your biz twice in a relatively short time span. Why don't I have a reasonable expectation that I can call the cops to come by and just speak to you to see if you act like a robber or just a guy walking past. Do I have to wait to be robbed to ask the cops to protect me?

That is what I asked. You just quoted it. What about walking past a business twice with your hands in your pocket gives the appearance you are going to rob something? The walking part or the hands in the pocket part?

No, you asked how you "act like" a robber, then you changed his answer to that if you do that you are a robber, not what you asked and not what he answered.

No, the cop is not asking it for fun. He's doing his job. He's been asked by a citizen who has been robbed in the past to check out a guy who has twice walked by his biz with his hands in his pocs. When the cop asks how's the guy's day been going, he literally means that. The cop doesn't know if the guy's hands are cold, or if he's got a .380 in there. He's trying to assess the person's state of mind. The proper response is "my day's going ok but my hands are cold and I'm out walking because I needed some fresh air (or whatever) and thanks for keeping the street safe, officer."

No, you asked how you "act like" a robber, then you changed his answer to that if you do that you are a robber, not what you asked and not what he answered.
I didnt change anything. Your reading comprehension needs to be adjusted.

But he couldn't without being questioned by the authorities. What if YOU were stopped for no other reason than walking while white?

I have been, as I've related before, except I was seriously harassed, not this bullshit outrage of being asked civil questions -- I had guns thrust in my face and handcuffs put on and tossed in the back of an umarked car. With no witnesses around. And it wasn't "walking while white", it was "walking while being the only person walking around in the area", as I just posted.

This story and this thread are complete bullshit. You can either read the thread and see that, or you can wallow in your traditional state of ignoranimity.

This ain't canada Pogo...we have a Constitution...or do you think the Constitution only applies to people of a lighter hue?

Go fuck yourself.

Again, the constitution (actually bill of rights) does not limit a cop's power to walk up and initiate a conversation with you, regardless of your's or his/her race.

That's true. So what?
So its harassment.

"the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group"

I thought he stopped him once. Can you show your evidence the cops stopped him more than once?

Here is what we are supposed to believe. A black guy who wanted to be questioned by the cops acted and dressed normally and got questioned by the cops. I don't believe that. I am calling him a liar and you a dupe. The odds of that happening had he dressed and acted normally would have been practically zero. Wanting it to happen so he could record it, if you have any intellectual integrity, you know he dressed inappropriately and acted odd in more ways that putting his hands in his pocket. Which means you probably don't know that...

No, the cop is not asking it for fun. He's doing his job. He's been asked by a citizen who has been robbed in the past to check out a guy who has twice walked by his biz with his hands in his pocs. When the cop asks how's the guy's day been going, he literally means that. The cop doesn't know if the guy's hands are cold, or if he's got a .380 in there. He's trying to assess the person's state of mind. The proper response is "my day's going ok but my hands are cold and I'm out walking because I needed some fresh air (or whatever) and thanks for keeping the street safe, officer."
BS. He doesnt care how the guys day is going. He is asking to see if there is any behavior exhibited that may be suspicious.. You need to bone up on police procedure. There is no proper response. He could say go get fucked and the cop legally cant do anything..

The guy is supposed to know that the cop wants to know why his hands are in his pockets? SO black people are supposed to be able to read minds to prevent harassment? What nonsense. If I were to call the cops because there is someone walking on a PUBLIC street in broad DAYLIGHT in my part of the world, the cops would laugh at me. The police wouldn't even dis[atch an officer.

That's true. So what?
So its harassment.

I thought he stopped him once. Can you show your evidence the cops stopped him more than once?

Here is what we are supposed to believe. A black guy who wanted to be questioned by the cops acted and dressed normally and got questioned by the cops. I don't believe that. I am calling him a liar and you a dupe. The odds of that happening had he dressed and acted normally would have been practically zero. Wanting it to happen so he could record it, if you have any intellectual integrity, you know he dressed inappropriately and acted odd in more ways that putting his hands in his pocket. Which means you probably don't know that...
Who told you he wanted to be questioned? Its pretty apparent he strongly disliked being questioned. I'm calling you an idiot.

There you go, Cinderella, assigning arguments to me that I never made.

LOL, it always cracks me up when I do to liberals what you are dong to me then you go all drama queen.

I have been, as I've related before, except I was seriously harassed, not this bullshit outrage of being asked civil questions -- I had guns thrust in my face and handcuffs put on and tossed in the back of an umarked car. With no witnesses around. And it wasn't "walking while white", it was "walking while being the only person walking around in the area", as I just posted.
You were in the middle of a MURDER investigation...no comparison, canadian boy.
This story and this thread are complete bullshit. You can either read the thread and see that, or you can wallow in your traditional state of ignoranimity.
Not when you have TRULY been harassed for nothing because of the color of your skin.

Go fuck yourself.[/QUOTE]
canadian love defined.

Forum List

Back