POLICE STATE: What they dont want you to know!!

My major gripe with the police is the majorly expanded use of paramilitary tactics and no knock raids that could have been done differently and just as safely. Sticking flash bangs through windows where children are sleeping and shooting peoples pets are bull shit, plain and simple. A residence can be secured by a perimeter and a simple knock on the door in most circumstances would work just fine. Even if the bad guy resist the situation is already contained, no need for the burnt kids, dead dogs or busted houses. I think very special and highly scrutinized warrants should be required for any no knock raid.

Lets see...we have the central government spying on all of us, the IRS and other government agencies buying millions of rounds of hollow-point ammo, local police departments have become para-military units...with drones, tanks, and grenade launchers...with combat training where kill or be killed is the policy...an local police forces completely ignorant of the Constitution...

Just a few tidbits from the great John Whitehead [ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590799755/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=lewrockwell&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=1590799755&adid=00V30KBZ9VEHV3VQ7G52&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lewrockwell.com%2F%3Fpost_type%3Darticle%26p%3D461805%26preview%3Dtrue]A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State: John Whitehead, Nat Hentoff: 9781590799758: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Nevertheless, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 400 to 500 innocent people are killed by police officers every year.

Unfortunately, this police preoccupation with ensuring their own safety at all costs—a mindset that many older law enforcement officials find abhorrent in light of the more selfless code on which they were trained—is spreading like a plague among the ranks of police officers across the country, with tragic consequences for the innocent civilians unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Yet the fatality rate of on-duty patrol officers is reportedly far lower than many other professions, including construction, logging, fishing, truck driving, and even trash collection. In fact, police officers have the same rate of dying on the job as do taxi drivers.

Clearly, the American homeland is now ruled by a military empire. Everything our founding fathers warned against—a standing army that would see American citizens as combatants—is now the new norm. In other words, it looks like the police state is here to stay.

These incidents underscore a dangerous mindset in which civilians (often unarmed and defenseless) not only have less rights than militarized police, but also one in which the safety of civilians is treated as a lower priority than the safety of their police counterparts (who are armed to the hilt with an array of lethal and nonlethal weapons), the privacy of civilians is negligible in the face of the government’s various missions, and the homes of civilians are no longer the refuge from government intrusion that they once were.

It wasn’t always this way, however. There was a time in America when a man’s home really was a sanctuary where he and his family could be safe and secure from the threat of invasion by government agents, who were held at bay by the dictates of the Fourth Amendment, which protects American citizens from unreasonable searches and seizures.
Actually, we may be worse off today than our colonial ancestors when one considers the extent to which courts have sanctioned the use of no-knock raids by police SWAT teams (occurring at a rate of 70,000 to 80,000 a year and growing); the arsenal of lethal weapons available to local police agencies; the ease with which courts now dispense search warrants based often on little more than a suspicion of wrongdoing; and the inability of police to distinguish between reasonable suspicion and the higher standard of probable cause, the latter of which is required by the Constitution before any government official can search an individual or his property.
Who Will Protect Us From the Cops? ? LewRockwell.com

And?

What’s the point here? Cops are a necessary evil as much as the military is. Just because they do good things does not mean that we should ignore the bad. I don’t think that anyone is saying that we need to eliminate all police but we sure as hell should be highlighting the fact that the cops seems to be getting more invasive than they have ever been. Want to argue against that then bring in something statistical because pointing out when they do good has absolutely no bearing on the focus we need to have in eliminating the bad.

You have that exactly backwards. If you think we are in a police state, you need to bring the statistics, not just anecdotes of "pigs" acting badly. Before and after.

This topic is just meeting anecdotes with anecdotes.

Looked at my post again and noticed that I never stated that we were a police state. I don’t have it backwards because I have not brought in a single anecdote. That was all on you.

I fail to see why we should accept the action of police without scrutiny because we have not shown them to be bad enough – that is asinine because the power that we grant police. That power comes at a cost – the people should always be vigilant that it is not being abused. We should ALWAYS watch the police and we should openly criticize their infractions. That is our jobs as citizen – to watch our government closely and keep it in check.

So, don't let me hear of anyone hating on law enforcement telling stories of how they saved their life or came to their rescue.

Frankly, no officer has come up to me and randomly profiled me for being what I am or breaking some unseen or unwritten law. Some officers are good people, well intentioned. But alas, we must resort to the art of pigeonholing them all into one evil, maligned self serving category.

Forum List

Back