Political Cartoon

92bc92acf1bcd706.png

You are not so good with analogies I see? I'll explain: An accidental pregnancy is a baby unwanted, like an un-ordered steak, and all you care about is that the steak gets cooked (born) not thrown away (abortion) or left in the fridge until ordered (birth control). Pro-Life people care deeply about fetus, not the child it becomes. Like this:

tumblr_mvm07uLfhY1sfoz1io1_1280.jpg
Except for both your premises are false statistically

1) You sophistically use 'unwanted' in the OPPOSITE sense.
Of 226 women reporting a history of abortion, 33% identified it as wanted, 43% as accepted but inconsistent with their values and preferences, and 24% as unwanted or coerced. Only wanted abortions were associated with positive emotions or mental health gains. All other groups attributed more negative emotions and mental health outcomes to their abortions. Sixty percent reported they would have preferred to give birth if they had received more support from others or had more financial security.

2)Taking the hardest case of all, you are especially wrong as you intimate that the following NEVER happens

Victims and Victors: Speaking Out About Their Pregnancies, Abortions, and Children Resulting from Sexual Assault​

These are the real "experts" on this complex issue: the women who have been there. Just listen to what they have to say:

"After my daughter was born, it was love at first sight . . . I know I made the right decision in having her." Nancy "Cole"

"Often I cry. Cry because I could not stop the attacks. Cry because my daughter is dead. And I cry because it still hurts." Edith Young

"I think that rape victims with pregnancies are discriminated against because people seem to think you're nuts to have a baby by a man who raped you. We are looked upon as being liars, or stupid." Sharon "Bailey"

"They say abortion is the easy way out, the best thing for everyone, but they are wrong. It has been over 15 years, and I still suffer." "Rebecca Morris"

"I thank God for the strength He gave me to go through the bad times and for all of the joy in the good times. I will never regret that I chose to give life to my daughter." Mary Murray

"Abortion does not help or solve a problemit only compounds and creates another trauma for the already grieving victim by taking away the one thing that can bring joy." Helene Evans

"The effects of the abortion are much more far-reaching than the effects of the rape in my life." "Patricia Ryan"

"I, having lived through rape, and having raised a child conceived in rape,' feel personally assaulted and insulted every time I hear that abortion should be legal for rape and incest. I feel that we're being used to further the abortion issue, even though we've not been asked to tell our side of the story." Kathleen DeZeeuw

===================
You are doing a horrible thing by encouraging everybody NOT TO HELP a woman who depends on YOU

Forum List

Back