Politically Correct Hiring...

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Ever tried to a get a new job the last few years? You can be well acquainted and friendly with the owner/manager of a business, but lately when you ask for a job, they say you need to go online and apply, that hte decision has generally been wrested from their hands.

When you question them a little more, it comes down to a myriad of laws and statutes, including tax breaks for hiring certain types of people and retaining certain quotas.

Thanks Big Gov.

Well, I suppose $28,000 a year won't kill me --- yet.

--------------------------------

Seriously what happened to the good old days of walking into an INTERVIEW PERSONALLY and getting a fucking job and being outright rejected?

For the record, the good old days were still there in 2008 when I got my first job.

Last edited:
I doubt this has happened to you personally, or anybody that you know.

Ever tried to a get a new job the last few years? You can be well acquainted and friendly with the owner/manager of a business, but lately when you ask for a job, they say you need to go online and apply, that hte decision has generally been wrested from their hands.

When you question them a little more, it comes down to a myriad of laws and statutes, including tax breaks for hiring certain types of people and retaining certain quotas.

Thanks Big Gov.

Well, I suppose $28,000 a year won't kill me --- yet.

--------------------------------

Seriously what happened to the good old days of walking into an INTERVIEW PERSONALLY and getting a fucking job and being outright rejected?

For the record, the good old days were still there in 2008 when I got my first job.
Online is where all the jobs are posted now. And that door swings both ways. You can post your resume, then sit back and wait for recruiters to call you. Then you go in for an interview, and then, if you're the right fit, you get the job.

I say "right fit", instead of saying "good enough", because there are a lot of jobs I know I could have done, but didn't get them.

Wouldn't you just prefer to schedule an interview and get accepted/rejected? I am not comfortable with this system, because it takes the control of MY LIFE out of MY HANDS. It seems like more Big Gov utopia.

I haven't met too many people that enjoy the current system.

I want to succeed and fail on my own. There is no telling how much is determined by an automated system. There's no telling what man is behind the curtain.

Last edited:

Wouldn't you just prefer to schedule an interview and get accepted/rejected? I am not comfortable with this system, because it takes the control of MY LIFE out of MY HANDS. It seems like more Big Gov utopia.

I want to succeed and fail on my own. There is no telling how much is determined by an automated system. There's no telling what man is behind the curtain.

I don't like it either, but unfortunately that is the nature of business nowadays. Hiring has become a numbers game.

There are 300+ applications for every job. The economy is suffering from a lack of demand. The failure of demand stems partly from moving workers from the high union wages of the postwar years to credit/debt based consumption of the Reagan years. (Under Reagan, to get incentives right, business was allowed to seek the cheaper labor that was found in Asia and the global South. This is why China became the center of the manufacturing universe. As we lost jobs and the wages that came with those jobs we also lost the purchasing power of the middle class. Hence the need for credit.) You can only fund consumption with credit for so long. We are now paying the price.

Last edited:
I don't think we should put our race on a job application. I actually think if they are going to choose people online, they should simply have the education and experience and not even a name (which gives away race much of the time).

But, it's not about being fair or the best person getting the job. It's about numbers and colors.

Depending on the corporation and the job they are trying to fill...more than likely they have already decided who they are going to hire AND they hire from within first. Posting the position online is just for show to demonstrate how politically correct/fair they are.

There are 300+ applications for every job. The economy is suffering from a lack of demand. The failure of demand stems partly from moving workers from the high union wages of the postwar years to credit/debt based consumption of the Reagan years. (Under Reagan, to get incentives right, business was allowed to seek the cheaper labor that was found in Asia and the global South. This is why China became the center of the manufacturing universe. As we lost jobs and the wages that came with those jobs we also lost the purchasing power of the middle class. Hence the need for credit.) You can only fund consumption with credit for so long. We are now paying the price.

The jobs are out there. For folks willing to work.

The capital is out there too, but it happens to be languishing on Wall Street at the moment. Business and industry have little reason to risk their capital on bricks and mortar (save for oil and gas) thanks to Obama.

The jobs are out there. For folks willing to work.

The capital is out there too, but it happens to be languishing on Wall Street at the moment. Business and industry have little reason to risk their capital on bricks and mortar (save for oil and gas) thanks to Obama.

The jobs are there---it's the way they are FILLING them that is in question. Computers are now scanning resumes and filters can be put in place to eliminate you for some very questionable reasons. Just think of it as PRISM deciding who is appropriate for the job.

I don't think we should put our race on a job application. I actually think if they are going to choose people online, they should simply have the education and experience and not even a name (which gives away race much of the time).

But, it's not about being fair or the best person getting the job. It's about numbers and colors.
What would a half black and half white adult put down for race on an application ? This is exactly why it is all just stupidity that is found in this race thing going on everywhere now like this. We are Americans, and Americans are of all different colors & stripes, and we should not be known specifically by our race just as it should be.

Forum List

Back