Politicians and bureaucrats suck in Chicago.

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
This heartless type crap is what happens when bureaucrats are allowed to run amok.
I hope a decent attorney (if there are any in Chicago) will step up and help this decent soul.

"They shut me down and said I have 24 hours to return my basement to storage and take down - I have several cots with sleeping bags for everybody – or they’ll condemn the house.”
Center confirmed that Schiller was given 24 hours to clear the basement in an emailed statement, adding, "If not, the City will take additional enforcement action to compel the removal of the unlawful basement sleeping area."

Elgin Man Told to Stop 'Slumber Parties' for Homeless

And they don't suck in all the rest of the cities in America?
Are they going after people for trying to save some poor homeless from freezing? If so yes it does include the rest.

According to the write up, the man's home "does not comply with codes and regulations that guard against potential dangers such as carbon monoxide poisoning, inadequate light and ventilation, and insufficient exits in the event of a fire."

In my opinion while the man does deserve some kind of commending for being so helpful, if his place isn't safe for such an arrangement to take place, that right there is where he needs to do all that he can to change that.

God bless you and him and his former house company always!!!

Holly

P.S. I pray that bed bugs were not left behind. They will turn you into an all night salad bar.

P.S. I pray that bed bugs were not left behind. They will turn you into an all night salad bar.
A little bit of diatomaceous earth spread around the area will take care of them critters.

Forum List

Back