Politics - elected officials - It's ALWAYS about Me! Me! Me!

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
I ran across this page while looking at the voting record of a particular WHOR (White, House of Representative) member. Greg Gianforte

The Voter's Self Defense System

During the Period from December 19, 2017 through July 26, 2018 a large number of bills passed the US house of Representatives.

Elected officials LOVE to regulate and make up new laws. In fact, it appears they passed almost every thing that came before them EXCEPT two bills that would have most benefited American citizens....

1). A bill proposing an amendment to the US Constitution Requiring A Balanced Budget. That Failed. (Shocking).

2). A bill that would fund a Southern Border Wall. Failed.

Nearly EVERYTHING ELSE in this list PASSED.

It appears we have a House of RapeResentatives in the House. And Sinators across the aisle.
But the American People are not innocent either.
EXTREMELY FEW people ever take the time to actually READ what's in it. Meaning all those bills passed with fancy names that on the surface sound as if they have the public's best interests in mind, but actually are written to provide funding for special interests if you dig deep and read the fine print. Legislators have lost any vision of doing what's right for the nation as a whole.

Note that this information came from one website, I wasn't spending any time researching this and that I haven't spent hours investigating all angles of this so take it with a grain of salt. But on the surface at a quick glance this is how it appears. Imbeciles, feel free to bash the post anyway.

THE POINT - is that Americans have become so detached from politics (except to rant and rave for "their team") that they have no clue what's actually going on. Congress could pass laws containing just about anything and only a handful of Americans would be any wiser. THIS is a BIG part of the reason our nation has fallen as far as it has. Apathy, Ambivalence and Ignorance.

As long as elected officials don't have term limits and can reward themselves lavishly for doing nothing other than maneuvering to enrich themselves by befriending deep pockets, and We The People have no clue,... we'll continue down this path right to the very end.

Well, all you had to do is remember the ACA.

None of those Dem's read it. They just passed it.

Oh and they are all about me, me and me. Most of them couldn't care less about the people who provide the money they need.

Well, all you had to do is remember the ACA.

None of those Dem's read it. They just passed it.

Oh and they are all about me, me and me. Most of them couldn't care less about the people who provide the money they need.

Painfully true.
All people are willing to do is bitch, whine and moan. The number who actually do anything meaningful could fit in a teacup. For that matter, they even refuse to vote with their wallets.
The Left not so much....they DO. They Right? Name ONE major business significantly hurt by Right wingers.....

Whether it's Facebook.....Google.....Twitter.....Starbucks......Hollywood.....Left supporting cable TV or NFL players.....the Right as a whole puts it's luxuries and entertainment above all else.......except their guns maybe.

Then they wonder why the Left can laugh so hard at them constantly

Forum List

Back