Poll: Does a Glock .45 pistol grip have a rough...or smooth...surface?

Is a Glock grip rough or smooth?

• Rough. So the gun won't slip.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Smooth. It feels nicer!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Being a revolver gal, I don't know. So I visited Glock.Com. According to that site, they over 50 pistols to choose from. It seems likely that there'd be more than one grip offered...

Being a revolver gal, I don't know. So I visited Glock.Com. According to that site, they over 50 pistols to choose from. It seems likely that there'd be more than one grip offered...
50? Jesus, they've been busy. They didn't even have a .45 when I traded mine in.

50? Jesus, they've been busy. They didn't even have a .45 when I traded mine in.
I didn't realize how popular Glocks were either!
They're good guns, very good. They break down super easy for cleaning. I traded mine in because I got the 1911 bug, that was back in 1990 maybe. But now the 9mm cartridge has come along and I wish I'd kept it.

Hey guys. Me and 2 libs have a debate going. Do Glock pistol grips have a rough surface...like sandpaper or sneaker sole grids? Or is it smooth?

Thanks for the help. I say rough. They want me to "prove it". ClosedCaption is one who disputes it.

The Glock 19 (9mm) has a rough or smooth choice for grips

Mine are like sandpaper

-Geaux

Hey guys. Me and 2 libs have a debate going. Do Glock pistol grips have a rough surface...like sandpaper or sneaker sole grids? Or is it smooth?

Thanks for the help. I say rough. They want me to "prove it". ClosedCaption is one who disputes it.

The Glock 19 (9mm) has a rough or smooth choice for grips

Mine are like sandpaper

-Geaux

I have a 22 .40 cal. It has a rough surface. I added a Hogue grip also. Love em.

You can't take prints from a rough surface like sandpaper, carpet, rock....or weapon grips.

Cant

You realize you posted link documenting how difficult...nearly impossible

Can

You cant. You can try. Hell...fingerprint 10 billion Glock grips.

Cant

Fair enough. CAN you beat LeBron James 1 on 1? Sure. You can. Is it likely? Haha. Well....no. You cant.

No I cant.... but you can get fingerprints off of the glocks grip tho.

You can't take prints from a rough surface like sandpaper, carpet, rock....or weapon grips.

Cant

You realize you posted link documenting how difficult...nearly impossible

Can

You cant. You can try. Hell...fingerprint 10 billion Glock grips.

Cant

Fair enough. CAN you beat LeBron James 1 on 1? Sure. You can. Is it likely? Haha. Well....no. You cant.

No I cant.... but you can get fingerprints off of the glocks grip tho.

And for what?

-Geaux

Rough, or smooth? That's quite subjective. Rough; when compared to my vaquero. Smooth; when compared to my USP...

Did you post a picture?

Did you post a picture?

I gave them a Google link to Glock grip images. They're all rough and sandpaperish. Particularly service issue ones.

Did you post a picture?
I gave them a Google link to Glock grip images. They're all rough and sandpaperish. Particularly service issue ones.
Does it surprise you that they are impossibly ignorant about guns?

Did you post a picture?

Does it surprise you that Bucs, a "former police officer", said that prints cant be taken from the Glock's grip?

Did you post a picture?

No. No it doesnt.

Did you post a picture?

Does it surprise you that Bucs, a "former police officer", said that prints cant be taken from the Glock's grip?

See....I've actually tried it in real life work. It's as "possible" as you beating LeBron 1 on 1. Could it theoretically be done? Scientific law doesn't forbid it. But it's just never gonna happen.

Glock45_05-661x496.jpg

Glock45_05-661x496.jpg
I was wondering when someone was finally going to post a picture. This could have been settled with the first response.

Glock45_05-661x496.jpg
I was wondering when someone was finally going to post a picture. This could have been settled with the first response.

The problem is that no one disputes the tecture of the gun. Bucs said that you cant get prints off of a glock because it was rough like sandpaper.

When we called him on his bullshit he proceeded to post links to articles about rough surfaces as proof.

When we asked for a link that shows you cant get a fingerprint from the glock...he asked "Is it rough or smooth"? Then started this thread for no reason

Here is the quote:

And I'm STILL waiting for your source that they couldn't pull finger prints from Slager's Glock.

Easy. Glocks have a rough surface on the grip. You can't take prints from a rough surface like sandpaper, carpet, rock....or weapon grips. It's common law enforcement knowledge. Tasers have rough grip surface too. Add sweat and add Slager picking it up...no possible prints. CSI people would laugh at your question.

Laughing.....prove it. Show me evidence for anything you've said. Your arguments always devolv e into the same hapless bullshit: you 'saying' it must be so, backed by nothing.

You citing you isn't evidence. Show me that none of Slager's prints were pulled from his Glock. And that none of slager's prints were pulled from the taser. You citing you insisting it must be so is meaningless.

Can you fingerprint sandpaper? Because that's the texture most gun and taser grips are molded to emulate...just not quite as pronounced...but rough.

Answer: No. You can't lift a fingerprint off a rough surface.

He....maybe they should try to fingerprint Slager's hairy forearm and his cloth uniform to see if Scott's prints are on there!

Breaking: North Charleston cop about to go free!!! | Page 23 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There is the link.

Heres how it went for 15 pages

And I'm STILL waiting for your source that they couldn't pull finger prints from Slager's Glock.

Easy. Glocks have a rough surface on the grip. You can't take prints from a rough surface like sandpaper, carpet, rock....or weapon grips. It's common law enforcement knowledge. Tasers have rough grip surface too. Add sweat and add Slager picking it up...no possible prints. CSI people would laugh at your question.

Then when asked about the Glock again, this was his response

Can you fingerprint sandpaper?

I mean just basic silly stuff here

Forum List

Back