Poll: Does a Glock .45 pistol grip have a rough...or smooth...surface?

Is a Glock grip rough or smooth?

• Rough. So the gun won't slip.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Smooth. It feels nicer!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Old revolvers had smoothed wood grips

I don't own any Glocks but I do have several handguns with wood grips (.38 and .32 revolvers 9mm semi auto) and they have a rough texture, not smooth. Come to think of it I don't have any handgun that has a smooth grip and can't recall the last time I saw one that did. Also, the grip is not the only place to lift prints from. Still have the slide, magazine, spent casings, etc.

Here is the deal on the 9

-Geaux

----------

Glock 19 RTF | G19 Rough Texture Finish | G19 RTF

Glock19RTF-2T.jpg

GLOCK 19 RTF (Rough Texture Frame)
The all-round talent

The GLOCK 19 is ideal for versatile use through reduced dimensions compared with the standard pistol size. With the proven caliber of 9x19, it has found worldwide distribution in security services. In addition to being used as a conventional service weapon, it is suitable for concealed carry or as a backup weapon. For instance, many of the elite pilots of the USAF trust the GLOCK 19 for their efficient defense in emergency situations.

All GLOCK pistols are backed by the GLOCK Limited Lifetime Warranty and world-class customer service and support that is second to none in the firearms industry!

Old revolvers had smoothed wood grips

I don't own any Glocks but I do have several handguns with wood grips (.38 and .32 revolvers 9mm semi auto) and they have a rough texture, not smooth. Come to think of it I don't have any handgun that has a smooth grip and can't recall the last time I saw one that did. Also, the grip is not the only place to lift prints from. Still have the slide, magazine, spent casings, etc.

Yep. The shells and slide...although if properly loaded and holster ed even the slide shouldn't have any on it. Mags...yes.

That texture can certainly hold DNA evidence. Finger prints are so 80's...

That texture can certainly hold DNA evidence. Finger prints are so 80's...

Bucs doesn't think flocks can hold fingerprints lol...I have no idea why he's sticking with that story

Not enough to hold up in court but with computer imaging they can point to probabilities. There might be prints on the trigger or other parts of the gun, even the back of the bullets as they were loaded in the clip or on the clip itself.
Sweat and skin cells trapped in the grip could be a better identification. They would get caught in the grooves and hard to remove.

Forum List

Back