[POLL] : Will George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial?

Will George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial?

• Yes, the court will manage to pull it off

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, current racial tensions will skew the jury's decision

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
We all know him. He is charged with murdering a "defenseless" teenager Trayvon Martin in cold blood inside of a gated community in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman claims he did so in self-defense and invoked the state's Stand Your Ground law. Now a juror has been convicted of lying to the court, raising fears that the jury will be partial, not giving Zimmerman the fair trial he is granted under the Constitution.

Last edited:
Not a chance. It's already turned into a show trial.

His indictment was the product of race politics.

The "juror" who lied was only a potential juror and his lies were found out before he was picked.

Do you believe this kind of thing will occur again? What do you predict of the outcome? Guilty or Not Guilty?

My prediction is that the court will declare a mistrial, then reconvene and find Zimmerman Not Guilty.

OMG, the only way they could have determined he lied was by SPYING on his online activities. I can't believe no one has commented on this vast overstepping by the authorities!!!

OMG, the only way they could have determined he lied was by SPYING on his online activities. I can't believe no one has commented on this vast overstepping by the authorities!!!

That's sanctioned. Anything said or done in that courtroom can be used as evidence. Troll my thread again, and I will report you. Are we clear?

The "juror" who lied was only a potential juror and his lies were found out before he was picked.

Do you believe this kind of thing will occur again? What do you predict of the outcome? Guilty or Not Guilty?

My prediction is that the court will declare a mistrial, then reconvene and find Zimmerman Not Guilty.

I think both lawyers are going to be very careful in picking the jury. While I'm positive a conviction will be appealed, I'm not sure already declaring a mistrial is warranted

He was confronted in court with his Facebook comment. Therefore the government BEFORE even questioning the jurors investigated every single one of them. If that doesn't disturb you, then you are nothing but a hypocrite.

It certainly does show though, that the courts is trying its hardest to make sure Zimmerman gets a fair trial. It is people such as yourself that are poisoning the well.

We all know him. He is charged with murdering a "defenseless" teenager Trayvon Martin in cold blood inside of a gated community in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman claims he did so in self-defense and invoked the state's Stand Your Ground law. Now a juror has been convicted of lying to the court, raising fears that the jury will be partial, not giving Zimmerman the fair trial he is granted under the Constitution.

One correction, if he goes with self defense due to Trayvon being on top of him and assaulting him, stand your ground does not apply, it becomes pure self defense.

I think both lawyers are going to be very careful in picking the jury. While I'm positive a conviction will be appealed, I'm not sure already declaring a mistrial is warranted

Given the antics going on, it wouldn't surprise me. If you can't trust your jury pool, then how do you conduct a fair trial?

One correction, if he goes with self defense due to Trayvon being on top of him and assaulting him, stand your ground does not apply, it becomes pure self defense.

Yes indeed, you are correct, marty.

Given the antics going on, it wouldn't surprise me. If you can't trust your jury pool, then how do you conduct a fair trial?

Zimmerman was not optionless. If he was seriously concerned about a tainted jury he could have chosen to have a judge decide instead of a jury.

Zimmerman was not optionless. If he was seriously concerned about a tainted jury he could have chosen to have a judge decide instead of a jury.

And then speculation would arise that he was trying to weasel his way out of a real trial. He would deprive the media of their whipping boy.

I'm just saying though, this is a circus already, and it looks like there could be a mistrial.

^ False choice.

There is no reason he should have to give up the obvious benefit of a trial by a jury of his peers (whose verdict must be unanimous) in favor of a judge-trial just because he might think that the jury pool has been tainted.

A change of venue is one way around that problem.

The media lied and manipulated evidence and facts of the case, all of which were intended to stir racial tensions and paint Zimmerman as a racist.

All of these jurors have been exposed to this biased and false reporting. Essentially, the media has ensured a tainted trial.

^ False choice.

There is no reason he should have to give up the obvious benefit of a trial by a jury of his peers (whose verdict must be unanimous) in favor of a judge-trial just because he might think that the jury pool has been tainted.

A change of venue is one way around that problem.
I'm not suggesting its an either or, simply pointing out Zimmerman is not forced to accept a tainted jury.

And then speculation would arise that he was trying to weasel his way out of a real trial. He would deprive the media of their whipping boy.

I'm just saying though, this is a circus already, and it looks like there could be a mistrial.

Again, I think declaring a mistrial, before the trial has really begun is a bit premature.

Forum List

Back