Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jewish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Religion

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Atheist or Agnostic

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
Just out of curiousity, how do you define the difference between "Christian Fundamentalist" and "Other Christian?"

gop_jeff said:
Just out of curiousity, how do you define the difference between "Christian Fundamentalist" and "Other Christian?"
The way I see it Fundamentalists believe in Biblical inerrancy, while the others do not.

Why are all religions other than the western religions covered only under "other religion"?

no1tovote4 said:
Why are all religions other than the western religions covered only under "other religion"?
I thought the categories I chose would cover over 90% of the members who chose to respond. Perhaps I shoud have added Buddhism and Hinduism, since each has so many adherants.

Buddhism seems to be the most popular among the board members who are not Christian, Agnostic, or Atheist.

no1tovote4 said:
Buddhism seems to be the most popular among the board members who are not Christian, Agnostic, or Atheist.
I should have included it- sorry.

USViking said:
I should have included it- sorry.

Your reasoning was sound, there is no reason to be sorry. I just wondered why, you explained. I am cool with that.

No worries.

USViking said:
I scanned the links and did not see a clear conflict with my characterizations.

Is there a distinction you feel should be made?

Most Christians believe in Biblical inerrancy. Therefore, I think it's wrong to say that any Christian who believes in Biblical inerrancy is necessarily a Fundamentalist.

gop_jeff said:
Most Christians believe in Biblical inerrancy. Therefore, I think it's wrong to say that any Christian who believes in Biblical inerrancy is necessarily a Fundamentalist.
It might have been better if I had used the term "inerranist" instead.

I do not think they are a majority of Christians world-wide. Roman Catholicism is by far the largest Christian denomination, and it is not inerranist. I would think inerranism is relatively rare outside the US.

I am a spiritual person, although I dont subscribe to any particular religion.
I guess I could have checked 'other', but wasnt sure

I chose "other Christian".

As I have stated in other polls on this matter, I cannot stand organized Church, but I hold a "fundamentalist" view of the Bible although I am first to admit, I am far from a saint. I just do the best I can and take comfort in knowing that my sins are paid for as long as I don't lose sight of Who paid for them....

I voted “Othrr”. I don’t believe in Orgsnized Religion, but I definitely believe there is a God and that we have a Spiritual nature which will be judged at the time of our death.

I voted atheist even though atheism isn't a religion. However, if you want to stretch the definition of god you could count me as a scientific pantheist.

Forum List

Back