Zone1 Pope Challenges Jesus To Debate On Whether All Religions Lead To God

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Pope Challenges Jesus To Debate On Whether All Religions Lead To God
Theology·Sep 14, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.

1726487524178.png

ROME — Sources close to Pope Francis confirmed that the 87-year-old Bishop of Rome has just challenged Jesus Christ to a debate on how people can get to heaven.

According to Francis, the debate has been in the works for quite a while, though he's hoping that Jesus will finally take him up on the offer now.

"I really need set the Lord straight," said the successor of the Apostle Peter. "We've just kept missing each other. One of those 'prayer tag' things, you know? Anyway, I heard Jesus said something bigoted about 'no one coming to the Father except through me', and ugh - that's just so exclusionary! So, I've challenged God Incarnate to a debate so I can teach Him a thing or two about how people come to God."

According to sources in the Vatican, Pope Francis has decided to start off by explaining how all religions are paths to God, and telling Jesus that He must not have really meant it when He said that Jesus is the door to salvation. The Pope will then reportedly explain to the omnipotent Creator of the universe how God's plan of salvation actually works.

At publishing time, Heavenly sources reported that this was not going to go real well for the Pope.

You are right, we need to go back to the good old days when people murdered each other over religious differences.

You are right, we need to go back to the good old days when people murdered each other over religious differences.

If I said Jesus is the only way to God, you translate that as meaning we should murder those who disagree?

Logic is not a friend of the Left.

Do you think Jesus should have been assassinated for saying that as well just like you tried to murder Trump?

Oh, wait..............

My bad.

Pope Challenges Jesus To Debate On Whether All Religions Lead To God
Theology·Sep 14, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.

View attachment 1013016

ROME — Sources close to Pope Francis confirmed that the 87-year-old Bishop of Rome has just challenged Jesus Christ to a debate on how people can get to heaven.

According to Francis, the debate has been in the works for quite a while, though he's hoping that Jesus will finally take him up on the offer now.

"I really need set the Lord straight," said the successor of the Apostle Peter. "We've just kept missing each other. One of those 'prayer tag' things, you know? Anyway, I heard Jesus said something bigoted about 'no one coming to the Father except through me', and ugh - that's just so exclusionary! So, I've challenged God Incarnate to a debate so I can teach Him a thing or two about how people come to God."

According to sources in the Vatican, Pope Francis has decided to start off by explaining how all religions are paths to God, and telling Jesus that He must not have really meant it when He said that Jesus is the door to salvation. The Pope will then reportedly explain to the omnipotent Creator of the universe how God's plan of salvation actually works.

At publishing time, Heavenly sources reported that this was not going to go real well for the Pope.
Votto, do you believe everyone who has never heard of Jesus is doomed to Hell, say from some isolated island tribe?

Votto, do you believe everyone who has never heard of Jesus is doomed to Hell, say from some isolated island tribe?
That is the natural assumption, one I don't share.

Simply put, it is not my decision, nor do I have any such power.

But I do believe God to be just and fair.

Last edited:
That is the natural assumption, one I don't share.

Simply put, it is not my decision, nor do I have any such power.
Exactly, and that is the Pope's position as well the RCC's. People can know Jesus even if they don't know His name.

Catechism of the Catholic Church, Paragraph 847speaks of those who do not know Jesus:

This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church: Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience—those too may achieve eternal salvation.

No kidding.

Perhaps Pope Francis needs to go back to elementary parochial school. The Church has the authority only to teach what Jesus taught the Apostles. In other words, if there are other ways to enter the Kingdom of God, the Church knows nothing about that and therefore must remain silent. (I learned this in elementary school, because little kids have questions.)

Think of it this way: The best Pope there ever was still has no authority to perform brain surgery. That is not his area of expertise. Likewise, teaching people can enter heaven in any number of ways is also beyond a pope's expertise. He's only authorized to teach the one way Jesus taught--even if there should happen to be a hundred more ways to reach that same goal.

No kidding.

Perhaps Pope Francis needs to go back to elementary parochial school. The Church has the authority only to teach what Jesus taught the Apostles. In other words, if there are other ways to enter the Kingdom of God, the Church knows nothing about that and therefore must remain silent. (I learned this in elementary school, because little kids have questions.)

Think of it this way: The best Pope there ever was still has no authority to perform brain surgery. That is not his area of expertise. Likewise, teaching people can enter heaven in any number of ways is also beyond a pope's expertise. He's only authorized to teach the one way Jesus taught--even if there should happen to be a hundred more ways to reach that same goal.

The article is a spoof. 100% made up - it's from the Babylon Bee.

No kidding.

Babylon Bee humour aside, there's a legitimate question on whether the Pope is responsible for the new interpretations of the bibles,
or,
The word of god (jesus) as recorded in the bibles has always been flawed?

Thus laying the blame on jesus or blaming the writers for lying.

Until Darwin's time all good Christians faithfully accepted the bibles to be the literal word of the god. They're not to blame.

If they misinterpreted their bibles before Darwin, that can only mean that they were deliberately pranked!

Forum List

Back