Pope Demotes Anti-Gay Cardinal

Cardinal Burke was a loudmouth that couldn't take reprimand. His habit of trying to put politicians in line by denying them communion was repulsive and controlling. His openly questioning the Pontiff was seen as a threat and he has been marginalized. I like the fact that this Pope wants a more pastoral approach and the elitist College of Cardinals is a remnant of a past better forgotten or at least remembered accurately.

Wow. We are all floored that Francis demoted a guy who isn't on board with his agenda. We are also flabbergasted that the OP labels Burke "anti gay".

Get it straight. He is the leader of the opposition of Pope Francis' reforms. That's why he has been neutered. No gay persons were harmed in the course of this demotion.

Wow. We are all floored that Francis demoted a guy who isn't on board with his agenda. We are also flabbergasted that the OP labels Burke "anti gay".

Get it straight. He is the leader of the opposition of Pope Francis' reforms. That's why he has been neutered. No gay persons were harmed in the course of this demotion.
Refer to nuhuh's post,

Refer to nuhuh's post,
I've read nuhuh's post, thank you. Do you have a point of your own?

Good. This Pope has decided to draw more people to the teachings of Jesus, as opposed to driving them away, which is what conservatives would prefer. Helping the poor and the sick > hating teh gheys.

The Bible clearly states homosexuality is an abomination and a sin. Even the Pope can't change that fact.

Cardinal Burke was too political? I find that hilarious since the Church has always delved into politics

He is mostly known for his position on sexual morality, and gays in particular.

Good. This Pope has decided to draw more people to the teachings of Jesus, as opposed to driving them away, which is what conservatives would prefer. Helping the poor and the sick > hating teh gheys.

The Bible clearly states homosexuality is an abomination and a sin. Even the Pope can't change that fact.

Cardinal Burke was too political? I find that hilarious since the Church has always delved into politics
Go stand on a corner and scream hell and brimfire to drive people away from the church if you like. No one is stopping you.

Go stand on a corner and scream hell and brimfire to drive people away from the church if you like. No one is stopping you.

It's an abomination in the eyes of God. Your comment doesn't refute that....idiot

He is mostly known for his position on sexual morality, and gays in particular.
I know that. What you don't appear to know is that that doesn't mean he is "anti" gay. (Also, you don't seem to have a sense of humor. It's not your fault. Many believe that people like you are born that way.)

It's an abomination in the eyes of God. Your comment doesn't refute that....idiot
Okay. This will shock you, but there are a whole lot of other issues that matter to Christianity. Calling gays evil and condemning them to hell sure as fuck won't bring them to the church. I know you really want it to happen, but the Catholic church won't be behaving like the Westboro Baptist Church any time soon.

Okay. This will shock you, but there are a whole lot of other issues that matter to Christianity. Calling gays evil and condemning them to hell sure as fuck won't bring them to the church. I know you really want it to happen, but the Catholic church won't be behaving like the Westboro Baptist Church any time soon.

I never said the Church would, your comprehension skills are awful. Homos will go to hell on their own, it's out of my hands. God sorts it all out

Forum List

Back