Justice Department ordered to answer for Jan. 6 killing of Ashli Babbitt

Again, I did not ask why she was shot. She was shot for trying to unlawfully enter the Capital building and I know this. I asked a simple question: Why was she the only one shot that day?

You mis-state the conditions, she wasn't shot for "trying to unlawfully enter the Capital Building...".

She was shot for being at the lead of a violent riotious mob that had broken through multiple law enforcement barriers. The mob had broken through the last barrier just a few steps from the door from the Speakers Lobby to the House Chamber where members of Congress, the Vice President, members of their staffs and civilians were/had been attempting to do their Constitutional duty in counting the Electoral Votes.

The barrier manned by a law enforcement officer and she (and the violent mob) presented a clear and danger of death or serious bodily injury to the law enforcement officer, members of Congress, and civilians if the mob were to proceed.

He fired a single shot, center mass as she was climbing through the window of a broken door rights next to the door into the chamber.

That single, controlled firearm discharged stunned the mob to not proceed until additional law enforcement arrived (which was quickly).

WW

You understand the point.
I realized later you were referring to this comment:

"People have been killed by the police for doing absolutely nothing illegal and they don't get the defense that Trump supporters give Babbitt."

It didn't really register at the time because I chalked it up to a whataboutism and that you were focusing on my "defense" of Babbit. That's why my response was that I was not defending her.

Having said that, all I can say is that it's not any different than people ignoring black-on-black crime while vilifying cops for shooting unarmed blacks. Both sides will choose and champion certain victims over others for their own reasons. I don't see this case being any different.

You mis-state the conditions, she wasn't shot for "trying to unlawfully enter the Capital Building...".

She was shot for being at the lead of a violent riotious mob that had broken through multiple law enforcement barriers. The mob had broken through the last barrier just a few steps from the door from the Speakers Lobby to the House Chamber where members of Congress, the Vice President, members of their staffs and civilians were/had been attempting to do their Constitutional duty in counting the Electoral Votes.

The barrier manned by a law enforcement officer and she (and the violent mob) presented a clear and danger of death or serious bodily injury to the law enforcement officer, members of Congress, and civilians if the mob were to proceed.

He fired a single shot, center mass as she was climbing through the window of a broken door rights next to the door into the chamber.

That single, controlled firearm discharged stunned the mob to not proceed until additional law enforcement arrived (which was quickly).

WW
I don't see how this has any relevance to my question as to why only one person was shot when the mob eventually breached the Capital building anyway.

I realized later you were referring to this comment:

"People have been killed by the police for doing absolutely nothing illegal and they don't get the defense that Trump supporters give Babbitt."

It didn't really register at the time because I chalked it up to a whataboutism and that you were focusing on my "defense" of Babbit. That's why my response was that I was not defending her.

Having said that, all I can say is that it's not any different than people ignoring black-on-black crime while vilifying cops for shooting unarmed blacks. Both sides will choose and champion certain victims over others for their own reasons. I don't see this case being any different.

Nobody ignores anything like that. When a black man kills another black man they go to prison.

Who has ever ignored that?

Nobody ignores anything like that. When a black man kills another black man they go to prison.

Who has ever ignored that?
Black Lives Matter for one.

I'm not talking about law enforcement or judicial response to individual crimes, I'm talking about what causes people choose to champion. For whatever reason, in spite of the fact that many more black men are killed by other black men and that many innocents and children are killed in these shootouts and drive-bys, many have chosen to champion the cause of the relative few killed by cops. It truly baffles me.

The bigger question is why didn’t Trump do anything when Ashli was killed?
Does he have any compassion?

How could that have not triggered him to tell his TRUMPMob
Enough!

Forum List

Back