Pope Francis approves change to lordd's prayer

^^^ My question is how much of a change were they trying to go for in the first place when the new words are not really that much different compared to the original words?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Pope Francis finally approved the changes he has long wanted to implement to the Lord's Prayer by replacing "lead us not into temptation" with "do not let us fall into temptation," reports UCatholic.
Pope Francis Approves Change To Lord’s Prayer

Rewrite history and the idiots allow it , This is no pope.

I thought he was going to finally finish the prayer.

For thine is the kingdom and the power for ever amen.

For some reason I don't know, they don't use the last line of it.

57496170.jpg

Pope Francis finally approved the changes he has long wanted to implement to the Lord's Prayer by replacing "lead us not into temptation" with "do not let us fall into temptation," reports UCatholic.

God does not lead anyone into temptation; that is a bad translation and the Pope got this one right.

God does not lead anyone into temptation; that is a bad translation and the Pope got this one right.
Here's one explanation:

We might illustrate Jesus’ words “Lead us not into temptation” like this: a mother takes her young children grocery shopping with her and comes to the candy aisle. She knows that taking her children down that aisle will only stir up greediness in their hearts and lead to bouts of whining and pouting. In wisdom, she takes another route—whatever she may have needed down the candy aisle will have to wait for another day. In this way the mother averts unpleasantness and spares her children a trial. Praying, “Lead us not into temptation,” is like praying, “God, don’t take me down the candy aisle today.” It’s recognizing that we naturally grasp for unprofitable things and that God’s wisdom can avert the unpleasantness of our bellyaching.

Forum List

Back