Pope Francis calls for censorship of anti-religious speech

Well, the Pope wasn't talking about government's law on the books like America's First Amendment in the Bill of Rights...he was speaking to all individuals, and individual responsibilities or basically, his advice is for "self censorship"... for those thinking of exercising their free speech, just for the "heck and sake of free speech'', know that there will be an element of people out there, whose automatic reaction will be to harm those who they felt harmed them...(however crazy I see and we probably all see from the Western point of view, as an utterly crazy and psychopathic reaction by these so called Muslims)

The bible teaches there is no more powerful of a thing, than the word, and words should be thought out, before just thrown out there, and should not be used to insult, or to slander, or for lies, or for gossip, or to seduce, etc...in any haphazard manner....

And I think this is why this Pope is taking this stand, especially in this "egg shell" type of environment that we are faced with today, with world wide view in the instant, and the uncivil /unrest amongst those radical Islamist terrorists....

But hells bells, it's just mind boggling to think that anyone would kill over a cartoon/depiction, even if in a negative light.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.... a life for a life, was to RESTRICT people from what was viewed as just punishment at the time, but was truly the OVER punishing....that was being restricted.... so basically, you don't kill others for insulting your prophet with a cartoon, for goodness sakes!

Pred's view of Catholicism is news to me. It has nothing to do with Catholicism as historically practiced

So you are trying to tell us that you never heard of the Pope speaking out against abortion, or the death penalty?

Forum List

Back