Pope Francis' First Year

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
20140308_IRP002_0.jpg

I'm certain there will be lots of similar articles, many of them on religion-themed sites. So, I found this by a lay periodical quite interesting with a somewhat unbiased viewpoint. Read the entire piece @ Pope Francis?s first year: Faith, hope?and how much change? | The Economist

I think the above picture speaks loudly as to the Pope's view of the church and its goals. I think one thing he's repeatedly pointed out is the call for Cardinals, Archbishops, and Bishops to become, first and foremost priests whose main goal is to pay attention to their parishioners and not their titles and perks.

The flock and the fold

Though structural and organisational reforms mattered, Francis insisted in his wide-ranging interview with Civiltà Cattolica, they could only come after what he termed a “reform of attitude”. The ministers of the gospel “must be people who can warm the hearts of the people,” he said. It was a reminder that the pope is not only the head of a giant multinational, but also a man of faith, who spends two hours every morning in prayer and one every evening in adoration of the Eucharist.

is Christianity what the Bible says it is or was the message from JC something entirely different ?

sure, this Pope may be likable but will the Pontiff accentuate truths that are in contradiction to the Bible or as all his predecessors before him, reconform the real message from God to satisfy the Script of unknown authors.

the path to Remission is incomplete, that is the role people of God need to fulfill and will know their mission a success by not reading the last word of a book but by bringing humanity in real life to the doorstep of the Everlasting - as commanded from the beginning.

My opinion is what Yeshua taught was straight Judaism. Christianity and the NT didn't exist during his lifetime. Thus what Christianity became has nothing to do with Yeshua.

_73547109_021477269-1.jpg

I think this picture is about as telling as it gets to describe he approach to the position as leader of millions of Catholics around the world. This is just one of what I am sure will be many, many stories about this “anniversary.”

The full story from BBS is @ BBC News - Pope Francis marks first year in office

And here are some others:
Pope Francis' first year in quotes @ Interactive timeline: Pope Francis' first year in quotes | National Catholic Reporter
What's it like to have Pope Francis as your boss? Depends where you work @ What's it like to have Pope Francis as your boss? Depends where you work | National Catholic Reporter

not gonna lie, as a lapse catholic myself pope francis gets me excited to be a catholic again and has me re-engaging with my faith.

I've been reading a lot about his first year in office and, as part of an article asking why so many media outlets go out of their way to find negativity in his actions, the blogger cited this saying in the Bible that seems to fit the pope to a tee.

36*“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37*Jesus replied:*“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a]*38*This is the first and greatest commandment.*39*And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’*40*All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”*Matthew 22:36-40

And then s/he adds this:

Rather than attacking the Pope Francis, lobbyists should ask themselves, why they are reacting so vehemently. Perhaps Pope Francis is convicting them of their own shortcomings. Rather than taking the log out of their own eyes, they are searching for a speck of dust in the pope’s eyes. Yet here is a man who lives simply and joyfully, a man who lives out the gospel in real tangible ways.

You can read the full blog @ Pope Francis: A Modernist Heretic? | CatholicMom.com

1_0_781424.JPG

Lentin retreat over – back to the Vatican

_73547109_021477269-1.jpg

I think this picture is about as telling as it gets to describe he approach to the position as leader of millions of Catholics around the world. This is just one of what I am sure will be many, many stories about this “anniversary.”

The full story from BBS is @ BBC News - Pope Francis marks first year in office

And here are some others:
Pope Francis' first year in quotes @ Interactive timeline: Pope Francis' first year in quotes | National Catholic Reporter
What's it like to have Pope Francis as your boss? Depends where you work @ What's it like to have Pope Francis as your boss? Depends where you work | National Catholic Reporter

He always looks drunk. No?

Forum List

Back