Pope Francis' thoughts on capitalism

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
This guy :eusa_angel: is looking better and better and I'm not even a Christian.

Pope Francis attacks 'tyranny' of unfettered capitalism, 'idolatry of money' - World News
(snip)
Pope Francis called for renewal of the Roman Catholic Church and attacked unfettered capitalism as "a new tyranny," urging global leaders to fight poverty and growing inequality in the first major work he has authored alone as pontiff.

Francis went further than previous comments criticizing the global economic system, attacking the "idolatry of money" and beseeching politicians to guarantee all citizens "dignified work, education and healthcare."

Pope Francis has, no doubt, heard of this in the turn of the millenium orgy on Wall Street U.S. (epicenter of capitalism):

USATODAY.com - Report: Tyco CEO spent $6,000 for shower curtain
Dennis Kozlowski indulged his lavish tastes — including a $6,000 shower curtain — with millions in company money and much of it was not reported to shareholders, a published report said.

capitalism might be the most efficient at production but that doesn't always equate to morality, as we have witnessed over and over as can be witnessed by the majority of gains over the past few years have gone, quelle surprise!!! :doubt:, to the Top :monopolyman:

Discuss...

bth_Monopoly-Man.jpg

Pope Francis tells people to share what they have. If he said "Steal from others to share what THEY have" I'd like to see a quote.

This guy :eusa_angel: is looking better and better and I'm not even a Christian.

Pope Francis attacks 'tyranny' of unfettered capitalism, 'idolatry of money' - World News
(snip)
Pope Francis called for renewal of the Roman Catholic Church and attacked unfettered capitalism as "a new tyranny," urging global leaders to fight poverty and growing inequality in the first major work he has authored alone as pontiff.

Francis went further than previous comments criticizing the global economic system, attacking the "idolatry of money" and beseeching politicians to guarantee all citizens "dignified work, education and healthcare."

Pope Francis has, no doubt, heard of this in the turn of the millenium orgy on Wall Street U.S. (epicenter of capitalism):

Dennis Kozlowski indulged his lavish tastes — including a $6,000 shower curtain — with millions in company money and much of it was not reported to shareholders, a published report said.

capitalism might be the most efficient at production but that doesn't always equate to morality, as we have witnessed over and over as can be witnessed by the majority of gains over the past few years have gone, quelle surprise!!! :doubt:, to the Top :monopolyman:

Discuss...

bth_Monopoly-Man.jpg

No Roman Catholic Pope has understood the invisible Christ that all us saints speak from. We saints know that everything we see in this world keeps man from knowing who he is in the mind of our Creator. It makes no difference to us whether man becomes rich and famous or seeing the flesh of an African child being eaten by vultures after he's starved to death. We know it's God's stong delusion called the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil".

Pope Francis tells people to share what they have. If he said "Steal from others to share what THEY have" I'd like to see a quote.

H e:

attacked unfettered capitalism as "a new tyranny,"

do you understand what he said? A tyranny supported by both parties who are on Wall Street's payroll to say "nothing to see here (shrinking middle-class) move along"

Yeaah, and before you get your rocks off believe it's an attack against capitalism, READ all of his words - not just news bites - and discover he was chiding those from ALL colors of the economic spectrum but their lack of loving their fellow Man and helping those in abject poverty move above that state and to reach for a better life.

Yeaah, and before you get your rocks off believe it's an attack against capitalism, READ all of his words - not just news bites - and discover he was chiding those from ALL colors of the economic spectrum but their lack of loving their fellow Man and helping those in abject poverty move above that state and to reach for a better life.
Yes...and?

Pope Francis is not speaking about crippled capitalism of the first world. He is speaking about the realities of the third world countries as that is where he is from and that is what is dear for his heart.
The realities of those countries differ a lot from what we have.

Therefore the first world countries might simply disregard those descriptions as they are NOT APPLICABLE to them. :D

The pope sitting in the wealthiest piece of real estate on the planet rails against capitalism.

The church is the ultimate venture capital raising machine on the planet.

I guess it's OK to ask people for money when promising to save their souls

What a fucking hypocrite.

It would be nice if he could actually effect change but I'm not holding my breath. He seems to believe in the so-called teachings of Jesus. If so, he has no place in the Cath church. When he throws out the known child predators and starts sharing the incredible wealth of that "church", I'll be impressed.

The purpose of organized religion is to amass wealth and no religion has done it as well as this one.

I just wish someone would give this new Pope a heads up on the Vatican's investment in billions, untold billions in commerce world wide.

Because he is coming off as a fool.

(snip)

Discuss...

bth_Monopoly-Man.jpg

Obviously he has no idea what Head Office has been doing till he got there.

It would be nice if he could actually effect change but I'm not holding my breath. He seems to believe in the so-called teachings of Jesus. If so, he has no place in the Cath church. When he throws out the known child predators and starts sharing the incredible wealth of that "church", I'll be impressed.

The purpose of organized religion is to amass wealth and no religion has done it as well as this one.

You are a racist.

maybe he can effect some change. I also view organized religions as power grabs and rackets.

I wish he could but there is no way no how that he can effect that. I've been thru my journeys in life from being baptized and confirmed Anglican till a moment in grade 10 when I found out the founder of my Church had decided he wouldn't kill wives any more and decided to break from Rome.

So I racheted up a notch and thought hey Vatican I'm coming for you. Another wrong turn trying to understand a Church rather than what it's supposed to be based on. But I loved it. With passion.

And hey I will not and shall not slag these Churches. They bring comfort and joy to so many.

Just wasn't for me. And for all the faults you have to remember all the good they do. It's up to the big guy to sort it all out in the end. Not us.

I'm so glad I turned away from the RCC ages ago, they've gotten worse and worse and this Anti-Pope might be a sure sign the end of the world is near

You are a racist.

I will write again what I've always written to you re this accusation:

I believe all human beings are racists. Its our nature to distrust those who look or live differently from us.

Now go away.

Forum List

Back