Pope Says Trump Not A Christian

It's a representative democratic republic.

And the Pope has taken a strong stand against Americans having that right to democratic self rule.

Are you for or against Democracy?

I am for it. The Pope is against it. Which side are you on?
Americans don't have a right to democratic self-rule, they live in a Constitutional Democratic Republic. And saying building walls to keep desperate people out isn't a Christian thing to do is not the same as saying you shouldn't have a vote.

1. GOt it. You are against democracy, just like the Pope. .

2. Yes it is. He doesn't think that People have a Right to vote to "keep out desperate people", even if they vote that way. Which we did.

Does the Pope support the right of the People to decide abortion rights?

Don't know, don't care.

Funny. But you care the Pope is against democracy. You're an idiot.

I explained my reasoning and you have not challenged it.

(quibbling over semantics is not a challenge, it's a distraction, FYI)

You are a dishonest asshole.

Actually, both the Pope and the Donald have shown class by moving on beyond this. Both have backtracked. It is now a non-issue. We all should follow their example and put this issue behind us.
For Catholics, the Pope questioning Trump's Christianity may certainly be an issue for them since Trump has repeatedly declared himself a Christian.

If someone declares that they are a Christian, I accept it. However, when they make that declaration over and over in political rallies, I ask myself in what ways has he shown himself a Christian, turning the other cheek, spreading the gospel, doing unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Apparently it is not an issue with Catholics. I saw some interviews the news media made with Catholics. Most of them said the Pope was out of line. I really think myself based upon your posts that you are the one who wishes to make it an issue. Both Trump and the Pope have already moved on.
I'm sure both the the Pope and Trump have moved on. Both have good reason not to carry this any further. I think what the Pope said needed to be said.

I doubt that what the Pope said will do any serious damage to Trump in the primaries because the republican party is only 18% white catholic. However, there is a cumulative effect. Catholics may not be a large percent of the party, but neither are Hispanics, nor Blacks, nor Muslims but taken as a whole these minorities can certainly be significant in a hotly contested primary and in a general election they can be very significant.

What the Pope said needs to be challenged and ridiculed as the Fucking nonsense it is.

The Pope's net favorability rating +53%
Trumps net favorability rating -27%

The Pope Is Way More Popular Than Donald Trump

Your point?

Americans think the Pope is awesome and Trump sucks.

I hope that helps.

Got it, Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Popularity.

The Popes statement and the reasoning behind it were both complete shit.

He is MISUSING his Authority and the positive image of the Catholic Church and his office to push his extreme leftist views.

Your point?

I hope that helps.

He is MISUSING his Authority and the positive image of the Catholic Church and his office to push his extreme leftist views.

The Pope > Trump

Trump's less of a Christian than Obama.

Your point?

I hope that helps.

The Pope > Trump

Trump is not the one who is talking shit here, Francis is.

Your point?

I hope that helps.

The Pope > Trump

Everything Trump talks about is shit.

Hope you like that global recession when the retard birfer Trump imposes his 45% tariff on Mexico and China.

Your point?

I hope that helps.

The Pope > Trump

Hope you like that global recession when the retard birfer Trump imposes his 45% tariff on Mexico and China.
'

There is nothing unChristian about building a wall.

The US has more "Bridges" to other cultures and nations and peoples than any nation, and Francis knows that.

In this, it is Francis that is talking shit.

Admitting that Toro, will not mean that you cannot still be anti-Trump is every other way.

I hope that helps.

The Pope > Trump

'

The US has more "Bridges" to other cultures and nations and peoples than any nation, and Francis knows that.

Admitting that Toro, will not mean that you cannot still be anti-Trump is every other way.
Of course there is nothing unchristian about just building a wall any more that building a fence, a road, or bridge. The Pope was speaking metaphorically when he said,
"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian."
Walls are going up all over the world to separate nations and neighbors, Instead of building bridges to bring people together and address problems, we build walls to keep people apart so we don't have to address the problems.

The Pope > Trump

'

Of course there is nothing unchristian about just building a wall any more that building a fence, a road, or bridge. The Pope was speaking metaphorically when he said,
"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian."
Walls are going up all over the world to separate nations and neighbors, Instead of building bridges to bring people together and address problems, we build walls to keep people apart so we don't have to address the problems.

I was responding in the same sense.

Building a wall to keep out unwanted invaders is addressing the problem, from our perspective.

And there is nothing "unchristian" about that, even by Francis's own words, because as I pointed out, the US has more "bridges" to other cultures and nations and people than any nation.

And Francis knows that.

The Pope was talking bullshit.

175742_600.jpg

The Pope > Trump

'

Building a wall to keep out unwanted invaders is addressing the problem, from our perspective.

And there is nothing "unchristian" about that, even by Francis's own words, because as I pointed out, the US has more "bridges" to other cultures and nations and people than any nation.

And Francis knows that.

Everyone seems to think that the Pope was aiming at just Trump. I think he was attacking the current trend of creating more barriers, fences and walls through and between nations that create divisions. Since the fall of the Berlin Wall, the number of walls and barriers between nations has increased 300%. Wall and barriers do not address the root cause as to why they are needed. The poverty, hatred, injustice, and bigotry remain. Walls are just an admissions of failure and they eventually fail. As the saying goes, show me a 50 foot wall and I will show you 51 foot ladder.

Actually, both the Pope and the Donald have shown class by moving on beyond this. Both have backtracked. It is now a non-issue. We all should follow their example and put this issue behind us.
For Catholics, the Pope questioning Trump's Christianity may certainly be an issue for them since Trump has repeatedly declared himself a Christian.

If someone declares that they are a Christian, I accept it. However, when they make that declaration over and over in political rallies, I ask myself in what ways has he shown himself a Christian, turning the other cheek, spreading the gospel, doing unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Apparently it is not an issue with Catholics. I saw some interviews the news media made with Catholics. Most of them said the Pope was out of line. I really think myself based upon your posts that you are the one who wishes to make it an issue. Both Trump and the Pope have already moved on.
I'm sure both the the Pope and Trump have moved on. Both have good reason not to carry this any further. I think what the Pope said needed to be said.

I doubt that what the Pope said will do any serious damage to Trump in the primaries because the republican party is only 18% white catholic. However, there is a cumulative effect. Catholics may not be a large percent of the party, but neither are Hispanics, nor Blacks, nor Muslims but taken as a whole these minorities can certainly be significant in a hotly contested primary and in a general election they can be very significant.

What the Pope said needs to be challenged and ridiculed as the Fucking nonsense it is.
Trump is dog shit compared with the Pope. I often scrape Trump followers off my shoe.

'

And Francis knows that.

Everyone seems to think that the Pope was aiming at just Trump. I think he was attacking the current trend of creating more barriers, fences and walls through and between nations that create divisions. Since the fall of the Berlin Wall, the number of walls and barriers between nations has increased 300%. Wall and barriers do not address the root cause as to why they are needed. The poverty, hatred, injustice, and bigotry remain. Walls are just an admissions of failure and they eventually fail. As the saying goes, show me a 50 foot wall and I will show you 51 foot ladder.

Of course the Pope was attacking the very idea of all Walls between First World Nations, and the Third World hellholes where his sympathies lie.

The political school of thought where he is coming from is the enemy of the Western World and does NOT have it's interests as a goal.

Building a Wall is not an admission of Failure. It is not on us to fix the Third World. The citizens of the Third World are Sovereign, just like we are, despite Francis's words to the Contrary.

All over the FIrst World, mass Third World Immigration is causing massive problems.

And Francis knows that.

Trump is dog shit compared with the Pope. I often scrape Trump followers off my shoe.

Fuck you asshole.

Fuck you asshole.
Excellent rebuttal professor.

Forum List

Back