Pope Says Trump Not A Christian

The Pope expressed his opinion.

And his opinion rejected the Principle of Democratic Self Rule, as specifically represented by the American people crafting immigration laws to limit the number of people who are welcome into our nation.

He is thus against Democracy, at least for Americans.
You don't live in a democracy, and never have. That is so people like you, and Trump, do not have actual power...

It's a representative democratic republic.

And the Pope has taken a strong stand against Americans having that right to democratic self rule.

Are you for or against Democracy?

I am for it. The Pope is against it. Which side are you on?
Americans don't have a right to democratic self-rule, they live in a Constitutional Democratic Republic. And saying building walls to keep desperate people out isn't a Christian thing to do is not the same as saying you shouldn't have a vote.

1. GOt it. You are against democracy, just like the Pope. .

2. Yes it is. He doesn't think that People have a Right to vote to "keep out desperate people", even if they vote that way. Which we did.

Does the Pope support the right of the People to decide abortion rights?

The Pope expressed his opinion.

And his opinion rejected the Principle of Democratic Self Rule, as specifically represented by the American people crafting immigration laws to limit the number of people who are welcome into our nation.

You don't live in a democracy, and never have. That is so people like you, and Trump, do not have actual power...

And the Pope has taken a strong stand against Americans having that right to democratic self rule.

Americans don't have a right to democratic self-rule, they live in a Constitutional Democratic Republic. And saying building walls to keep desperate people out isn't a Christian thing to do is not the same as saying you shouldn't have a vote.

I thought the US wasn't a democracy. Isn't that what conservatives rag on ad nauseum?

I realize most of you are not Christians but the Pope berating a man for wanting to build a wall simply is mindboggling. Apparently, the Pope has never read the Book of Nehemiah. God sent Nehemiah to Jerusalem for the expressed purpose of rebuilding the wall there.
It's pretty clear that the Pope was speaking metaphorically when he said,
“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,” I think his message was that people that call themselves Christians should be building bridges of understanding, not walls that divide neighbors, families and nations. Walls are a concession to failure and they rarely accomplish their purpose. The Berlin Wall, the Great Wall of China, the Belfast Peace Walls, and most other such walls ultimately fail because instead of creating a sense of security, they do the very opposite. They become monuments to hatred, bigotry, and division.

It is clear that the Pope is for Open Borders regardless of the democratically expressed Will of the American People.

He used his position of authority to take sides in the American election and on the side that would be the worst for America.

He was wrong to do so.

I thought the US wasn't a democracy. Isn't that what conservatives rag on ad nauseum?

I already addressed that, right above.

My point stands. The Pope and you leftists that support him are on the side AGAINST democracy.

Own it.

How can a Trump be a Christian if he had never asked for forgiveness?

2. Yes it is. He doesn't think that People have a Right to vote to "keep out desperate people", even if they vote that way. Which we did.

Don't know, don't care.

[Yeah right Mr Jesus Came Only For The Jews. ROFLMAO

Why are you ROFLYAO when it is true? What is worse, Mithra actually failed at being messiah for the ridiculous jews and started a sub cult called "The Poor", which was an Essense sub sect that should have been called "give me your money please." Mithra hated all whites, negros and latinos, all non jews and even most jews, assuming this character existed at all. :lol:

Don't know, don't care.

Funny. But you care the Pope is against democracy. You're an idiot.

Not my call. That's way above my pay grade.

That's what Obama said about abortion.

So? What exactly does that have to do with me? I suppose you are attempting to make some small point or another?

So? What exactly does that have to do with me? I suppose you are attempting to make some small point or another?
I didn't ask the the question "How can Trump be a Christian if he never asked for forgiveness" directly to you, but you chose to respond.

I'm just trying to carry on a discussion, after all this is a discussion board.

I didn't ask the the question "How can Trump be a Christian if he never asked for forgiveness" directly to you, but you chose to respond.

But the OP said nothing about either Obama or about abortion.

How very true. It's amazing the different directions a discussion can lead. I'm sure I've we were to search this thread that we could find hundreds of statements that were not brought up in the OP.

Actually, both the Pope and the Donald have shown class by moving on beyond this. Both have backtracked. It is now a non-issue. We all should follow their example and put this issue behind us.
For Catholics, the Pope questioning Trump's Christianity may certainly be an issue for them since Trump has repeatedly declared himself a Christian.

If someone declares that they are a Christian, I accept it. However, when they make that declaration over and over in political rallies, I ask myself in what ways has he shown himself a Christian, turning the other cheek, spreading the gospel, doing unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Apparently it is not an issue with Catholics. I saw some interviews the news media made with Catholics. Most of them said the Pope was out of line. I really think myself based upon your posts that you are the one who wishes to make it an issue. Both Trump and the Pope have already moved on.
I'm sure both the the Pope and Trump have moved on. Both have good reason not to carry this any further. I think what the Pope said needed to be said.

I doubt that what the Pope said will do any serious damage to Trump in the primaries because the republican party is only 18% white catholic. However, there is a cumulative effect. Catholics may not be a large percent of the party, but neither are Hispanics, nor Blacks, nor Muslims but taken as a whole these minorities can certainly be significant in a hotly contested primary and in a general election they can be very significant.

How very true. It's amazing the different directions a discussion can lead. I'm sure I've we were to search this thread that we could find hundreds of statements that were not brought up in the OP.
If all replies in a thread addressed only statements the OP brought up, a lot of posts including yours and mine would not be here.

And Donald Trump is so different because he's one of the buyers instead of being one of the bought.....is that right?
And as a "buyer" he is only running to cut out the middle men he has to buy and thus save himself a lot of money, as any businessman tries to do, while he imposes Eminent Domain to benefit himself.

Forum List

Back