Post Office to stop Saturday Delivery

Yes it is.

And....the USPS is not a consumer of tax dollars. It is a fantastic example of a government run program that kicks ass!

The poison pill that Congress forced down the USPS throat should be repealed.

An outdated delivery system that is billions in the red is an example of something that "kicks ass"?

Are you high?

It is not billions of dollars in the red if the poison pill is repealed.

And.....it isn't outdated at all. We still need to send and receive mail. The system works well.

Well, I disagree, but hey... I say if the true cost to mail a letter is actually $3, then postage should be $3. Screw this hiding the true cost by artificially keeping the price low and then beefing it up on the backend with tax $$.

why not just relieve them of the burden the republicans saddled them with

hey truth you were shown already a couple of times in other threads that 2 of 3 co-sponsors of that Bill you are alluding too.....were Democrats......it looks like they are just as guilty....i know the Postal Unions sure thought so......especially mine.....

Makes sense

Frankly, I could probably get by with two day a week mail delivery

Same here...

And don't you know that some here are confounded that there isn't a call to arms to keep Saturday delivery or even M-W-F delivery and the union jobs that go with them?

I'd be happy with Tuesdays and Thursdays too.

because you dont work there you have no idea of the problem you would be creating.....

why not just relieve them of the burden the republicans saddled them with

We all know you're a lying sack of shit but you've been spanked on this one before.

The law that imposed that "burden" (Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act) was not only co-sponsored by oh-so-conservative Henry Waxman (D), it passed the House on a vote of 410 to 20. That's as bi-partisan as you get.

Lying the first time was bad enough, but doing it again AFTER having your enormous ass handed to you is just pathetic on your part.

there was another Democrat too....

It's my way of saying that the Congress got it wrong period, and that eflatminor is being deceitful in suggesting that it is good legislation.

Never suggested that in any way shape or form.

If all you wanted to do was criticize the legislation, why did you choose my post, which was ONLY about TM's lies, to do it?

Because you were deceitful and partisan as usual. There is no need for that.

You could point out where you disagree with TM.

i think he did Jake as i did in my post on it.......

Postal Service to cut Saturday mail to trim costs | US National Headlines | Comcast

The U.S. Postal Service will stop delivering mail on Saturdays but continue to deliver packages six days a week under a plan aimed at saving about $2 billion annually, the financially struggling agency says.

In an announcement scheduled for later Wednesday, the service is expected to say the Saturday mail cutback would begin in August.

The move accentuates one of the agency's strong points — package delivery has increased by 14 percent since 2010, officials say, while the delivery of letters and other mail has declined with the increasing use of email and other Internet services.

How about stop all delivery ? Government mismanagement at its best. They can keep all there junk mail, what a dinosaur.:clap2::clap2:

Netflix lives and breathes by the US Postal Service, and both have created an extremely efficient symbiotic relationship. The same is true with Amazon, which is probably why packages will still be delivered on Saturdays.

No Saturday delivery is going to hurt Netflix, but be a boon to Blockbuster. Their Saturday in-store sales should increase when this change goes into affect.

i am sure they have something worked out.....NetFlix mailings outnumbers Blockbuster 40-1.....

I think we should start a 10 year program of strategic phasing out of the Postal Service. As we phase out the postal carriers, UPS, Fed Ex, and others will take over.

However there must be strict price controls in place to assure those that wish can still mail letters for the USPS rate.

Eventually, the USPS will have to be kept in rural areas because the competitors aren't going to make money on them

which is the whole reason many are against privatizing it.....and NO private Company will allow themselves to be forced to keep USPS rates......

already proved the founders wanted a post office.

they gave the government the power to create and run it.

The republicans burdened the post office with an unprecidented retirement requirement

so why don't you address the fact that 2 of 3 co-sponsers of that bill were Democrats?....

If you hate guns you hate the founders idea

You're confused. The 2nd amendment has little to do with now. There is no need for militias. And the right to bear arms does not mean assault weapons, because the founders couldn't have envisioned that.

But there's a need in 2013 for people walking around stuffing pieces of motherfucking paper in little boxes?

:lol:

it is when those little pieces of paper are checks...or something someone needs....

The republicans burdened the post office with an unprecidented retirement requirement

so why don't you address the fact that 2 of 3 co-sponsers of that bill were Democrats?....

Or that 410 members of Congress, from both parties, voted for it...

USPS was never meant to be dictated to by cost, when it 1st began it was founded on the idea of creating a way of connecting the nation for everyone, not just those who can afford it, and on a policy of promoting a free exchange of ideas. Which is why it used to subsidize the mailing of newspapers.

Its one of the few government expenditures that I don't specifically care about cost. There is no way for private companies to do what the postal service does, it would never be cost effective for them. In fact many companies like FedEx, use the postal service to ship to all the areas they don't serve.

and UPS and others....and not just in areas they dont serve.....they do it everywhere....

I for one is Happy about this .. I hope they cut back junk mail next .. I do 99 percent of my bills online now anyway

I'm totally paperless and all my bills are on auto-pay.

you would be surprised Nola how many people are not.....and talking to them.....they may never do it on line...

I travel a lot, so, it ensures that I always get my bills, and they always get paid on the due date, automatically.

I know, I have clients who are actually forcing employees to do Direct Deposit! Who the hell wants to have to cash a check?

I wish I could but our stupid water bill doesnt have online paying . .We live in a one horse town. But still dont mail it . I drive it to the place and pay it LOL

I'm in a similar boat too. I billpay it through my bank.

i pay on line too.....and notice some are paid the next day while some are 4-5 business days.....my bank Wells Fargo....told me not all are electronic.....they mail out the payments that are not.....who do you think delivers those?....

An outdated delivery system that is billions in the red is an example of something that "kicks ass"?

Are you high?

It is not billions of dollars in the red if the poison pill is repealed.

And.....it isn't outdated at all. We still need to send and receive mail. The system works well.

Well, I disagree, but hey... I say if the true cost to mail a letter is actually $3, then postage should be $3. Screw this hiding the true cost by artificially keeping the price low and then beefing it up on the backend with tax $$.
the PO is not backed with tax dollars....

Or that 410 members of Congress, from both parties, voted for it...

and those same Congress people are not doing anything to end it.....including the President....

you would be surprised Nola how many people are not.....and talking to them.....they may never do it on line...

I travel a lot, so, it ensures that I always get my bills, and they always get paid on the due date, automatically.

I know, I have clients who are actually forcing employees to do Direct Deposit! Who the hell wants to have to cash a check?

i used to talk to people all the time who were waiting for their check......i told them you would not have to wait for me if you had direct deposit....they did not want to hear it....they did not trust the technology.....

Forum List

Back