Post Office to stop Saturday Delivery

Because you were deceitful and partisan as usual. There is no need for that.

Exactly where was I deceitful? Be specific now.

You could point out where you disagree with TM.

I did. It said "burden the republicans saddled them with" when it was CLEARLY a bi-partisan bill. I pointed that out with facts on the vote and sponsorship of the bill.

You need to be specific with the "burden" You cannot pass an affirmation off to the other side. I will not do your work. Be specific now, so I can do the same.

Never addressed the burden, only the lie that is was saddled by Republicans. But you know this.

Who cares? The Post Office is so 20th Century.

Who cares... I've effectively fitted a cross-cut shredder to the bottom of my mailbox anyway.

Exactly where was I deceitful? Be specific now.

I did. It said "burden the republicans saddled them with" when it was CLEARLY a bi-partisan bill. I pointed that out with facts on the vote and sponsorship of the bill.

You need to be specific with the "burden" You cannot pass an affirmation off to the other side. I will not do your work. Be specific now, so I can do the same.

Never addressed the burden, only the lie that is was saddled by Republicans. But you know this.

You know that you are lying and that you have no specific evidence for your assertion.

You know that you are lying

And what would that lie be?

and that you have no specific evidence for your assertion.

You saying Waxman (D) wasn't a co-sponsor of that bill and that it didn't pass by a vote of 410 to 20...'cuz that's the only assertion I made, which proves TM lied.

You on the other hand are not so much a liar as a troll, which I suspect you're about to prove. The floor is yours.

You saying Waxman (D) wasn't a co-sponsor of that bill and that it didn't pass by a vote of 410 to 20...'cuz that's the only assertion I made, which proves TM lied.

You on the other hand are not so much a liar as a troll, which I suspect you're about to prove. The floor is yours.

One lie: I never said a thing about Waxman.

Another lie: I never said the bill was not bipartisan.

Third lie: you have offered nothing specific that supports your claim.

Postal Service to cut Saturday mail to trim costs | US National Headlines | Comcast

The U.S. Postal Service will stop delivering mail on Saturdays but continue to deliver packages six days a week under a plan aimed at saving about $2 billion annually, the financially struggling agency says.

In an announcement scheduled for later Wednesday, the service is expected to say the Saturday mail cutback would begin in August.

The move accentuates one of the agency's strong points — package delivery has increased by 14 percent since 2010, officials say, while the delivery of letters and other mail has declined with the increasing use of email and other Internet services.

How about stop all delivery ? Government mismanagement at its best. They can keep all there junk mail, what a dinosaur.:clap2::clap2:

August? What a coincidence! This board is scheduled to end in August. According to a thread on this board and he did provide a link to verify it. It may be the board is due to renew but it says its closing.

One lie: I never said a thing about Waxman.

Another lie: I never said the bill was not bipartisan.

Third lie: you have offered nothing specific that supports your claim.

Thank you for proving my point.

Troll.

Postal Service to cut Saturday mail to trim costs | US National Headlines | Comcast

The U.S. Postal Service will stop delivering mail on Saturdays but continue to deliver packages six days a week under a plan aimed at saving about $2 billion annually, the financially struggling agency says.

In an announcement scheduled for later Wednesday, the service is expected to say the Saturday mail cutback would begin in August.

The move accentuates one of the agency's strong points — package delivery has increased by 14 percent since 2010, officials say, while the delivery of letters and other mail has declined with the increasing use of email and other Internet services.

How about stop all delivery ? Government mismanagement at its best. They can keep all there junk mail, what a dinosaur.:clap2::clap2:

Netflix lives and breathes by the US Postal Service, and both have created an extremely efficient symbiotic relationship. The same is true with Amazon, which is probably why packages will still be delivered on Saturdays.

No Saturday delivery is going to hurt Netflix, but be a boon to Blockbuster. Their Saturday in-store sales should increase when this change goes into affect.

Last edited:
Makes sense

Frankly, I could probably get by with two day a week mail delivery

Same here...

And don't you know that some here are confounded that there isn't a call to arms to keep Saturday delivery or even M-W-F delivery and the union jobs that go with them?

I'd be happy with Tuesdays and Thursdays too.

Most of what I get are flyers and advertisements with bills mixed in. I usually have two or more weeks to pay the bill so a couple of days don't matter.

I'm sure it is different with businesses who need five day mail delivery. I don't think Saturdays are critical to anyone

Certainly are not. Totally agree.

I think we should start a 10 year program of strategic phasing out of the Postal Service. As we phase out the postal carriers, UPS, Fed Ex, and others will take over.

However there must be strict price controls in place to assure those that wish can still mail letters for the USPS rate.

Eventually, the USPS will have to be kept in rural areas because the competitors aren't going to make money on them.

already proved the founders wanted a post office.

they gave the government the power to create and run it.

The republicans burdened the post office with an unprecidented retirement requirement

The Post Office Is Not Broke | The Nation

At the behest of the Republican-controlled Congress of the Bush-Cheney era, the USPS has been forced since 2006 to pre-fund future retiree health benefits. As the American Postal Workers Union notes, “This mandate is the primary cause of the agency’s financial crisis. No other government agency or private company bears this burden, which costs the USPS approximately $5.5 billion annually.”

Now, however, we learn that the pre-funding requirements have taken so much money from the USPS that—according to the postal service’s own inspector general—it has “significantly exceeded” the level of reserved money that the federal government or private corporations divert to meet future pension and retiree healthcare demands. “Using ratepayer funds, it has built a war chest of over $326 billion to address its future liabilities,” acknowledges Postal Service Inspector General David C. Williams

Forum List

Back