Post your top 5 American rock bands

Hot Tuna ...
Commander Cody ...

The Grateful Dead aren't the best at what they do ... they're the only ones who do what they do ... and they did rock-and-roll on occasion ...

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Beach Boys
Jefferson Airplane
Eagles
Blondie ( everyone copies Debra Harry)

Last edited:
ZZ Top
Beach Boys
Ohio Express (just messin with you)

They just can't compare to the Brits - Led Zeppelin, Moody Blues, Badfinger, Beatles, Stones...

Fucked up teeth and the best Rock....

ZZ Top
Beach Boys
Ohio Express (just messin with you)

They just can't compare to the Brits - Led Zeppelin, Moody Blues, Badfinger, Beatles, Stones...

Fucked up teeth and the best Rock....
The British copied the American artists and I wouldn't say they were superior.

The British copied the American artists and I wouldn't say they were superior.
I believe many British bands were influenced by the Beatles, that's when the music revolution started here in the UK, early sixties, many were influenced by American Blues artists like John Lee Hooker and many others, they fused into what we call R&B, not the modern R&B bullshit, artists like Clapton and in the early days the Animals who started out playing in the pubs of Newcastle, Stevie Winwood another great artist and there are many more.

I believe many British bands were influenced by the Beatles, that's when the music revolution started here in the UK, early sixties, many were influenced by American Blues artists like John Lee Hooker and many others, they fused into what we call R&B, not the modern R&B bullshit, artists like Clapton and in the early days the Animals who started out playing in the pubs of Newcastle, Stevie Winwood another great artist and there are many more.
Moody Blues & Procol Harum were my favorite British groups.

Monkees
Partridge Family
KC and the Sunshine Band
The Cowsills

True story...

I used to frequent a pub, Pickwick Pub, on Ventura Blvd. in Canoga Park California and one of the Cowsills was a regular performer there, couple of nights a week. He was pretty good.

Bob Cowsill:

Holy shit... it's been 30 years since I was frequenting that pub... where did the time go...

Forum List

Back