Postal Hike...overuled...no increase.

hey Charlie ....UPS has already stated that for them to turn a profit on first class letters they would be charging what they charge now to deliver one of their "letters"....which according to the UPS driver i see on my route is anywhere from 1.10 to 1.75 depending on where its going.....AND UPS has also stated that the PO should charge to FWD letters.....i would not take that bet.....you would lose....

As seldom as I use the mail, I would pay that dollar or so to UPS or Fed-Ex because of one reason. That is because I know the letter would get to it's destination and get there on time.

With the volume of mail the post office pushes, they have an excellent on time delivery, Spoon.
Then why is a letter sized package mailed this past Monday from NJ to NC not here yet?
Look, don't try to convince me the USPS works efficiently.
BTW, with faxes, email, FedEx, UPS, video conferencing and courier services, the USPS is handling a lot less then it used to.

As seldom as I use the mail, I would pay that dollar or so to UPS or Fed-Ex because of one reason. That is because I know the letter would get to it's destination and get there on time.

With the volume of mail the post office pushes, they have an excellent on time delivery, Spoon.
Then why is a letter sized package mailed this past Monday from NJ to NC not here yet?
BTW, with faxes, email, FedEx, UPS, video conferencing and courier services, the USPS is handling a lot less then it used to.

Because they use contract carriers now.
What partial privatization will get ya.

Why would anyone want anything mailed from NJ to them anyway?

For the love of God....I said they have an on time excellent delivery, I didn't say they were perfect. :cuckoo:
Fed Ex and UPS aren't perfect either, and with a lot less volume.
Quit your belly aching, your beginning to sound like a child.

Why don't the people who are advocating for private enterprise to come in and take over for the postal service stop using the postal service? Anytime they have to ship a letter out or whatever, use a private company. Let's see how long the "it's cheaper" argument lasts.

Bonus points if you're a business owner with large volumes of mail.

The USPS is an overstuffed inefficent and horifically expensive unti of the federal government. It should be blown up and redone. The USPS has far too many employees, is unionized and does little to serve the public.
9 days to get package from NJ to NC is inexcusable.
I avoid the USPS at all costs. I think the USPS is junk. Bring back the Pony Express.

then quit being a cheap motherfucker and pay the extra 3 bucks to make it priority mail......and i myself bought a book that came UPS Regular ground from Oregon.....7 days it took .....the fucking incompetent bastards....

Why don't the people who are advocating for private enterprise to come in and take over for the postal service stop using the postal service? Anytime they have to ship a letter out or whatever, use a private company. Let's see how long the "it's cheaper" argument lasts.

Bonus points if you're a business owner with large volumes of mail.

Laws would have to be changed before they could do that.

And other laws would need to be changed if the postal service was privatized too.
I mean you could not expect the New Post Office to be responsible for it's actions now could you?

Actually laws would need to be changed requireing postal notification for legal matters and such, And federal protection of the mail would need to be discontinued unless of course the new post office would pay for the protection?
Interfering with the mail would be handled just like any other action against a private company. Lawsuit.

Cut the bullshit.
Yeah, government does everything so well.
And why the crack about New Jersey?
Is that your way of alerting me that your mind operates on a level of those known to frequent sandboxes?

Cut the bullshit.
Is that your way of alerting me that your mind operates on a level of those known to frequent sandboxes?

I have spent time in Jersey, that is why the crack.
Personal preference?

Oh please...Here we go...
Hey, how come it takes a week to get to transport and envelope 50 miles?
Do you knwo why Fed-Ex makes so muhc money? Because they DO A BETTER JOB...
Yes it costs more. So what. We need our stuff and we want it ON TIME. Not when some overstuffed slug in a postal distribution center decides it isn't his God Damned coffee break...
And don't start about clerks.
Why is it that if there's 20 people on line for service in a PO a clerk looks at his watch and says "Customers? Screw you. It's time for my break." Then the uncaring dolt closes his/her line and disappears. Why couldn't that clerk wait ten minutes for the line to go down so that the other person could efficiently take care of the remaining customers. No , we all get to wait twice as long so the clerk can go sit on his/her ass.
And now you're going to give me a ration along the lines of " suppose the people keep coming in and it stays busy? No break? .......Nope. The supervisor should either pitch in and help the customers or go get someone and bring them up front to take care of the workload. The customers should NEVER bear the inconvenience of a union mandated coffee break.....NEVER!

ok i get it.....your some fucking dipshit that had a bad experience with your PO and so EVERY fucking postal worker is like those at your local office......they dont do that shit where i am at.....NO ONE takes a break until the lines are down.....and a supervisor cannot do the clerks window work moron.....just like i cant....federal regulations say only those trained and bonded to work with money and stamps can do that....you got a problem with that....go talk to Congress ...they made the rules....

Cut the bullshit.

The post office does a good job on delivery of the mails, not so much at making money.

Having said that, you said "Yeah, government does everything so well", just wait until your healthcare kicks in, oh boy...if your crying about the post office...you'll be whining and crying about the healthcare. :lol:
Back on topic now....forgive my rant.

Ahh if I could just make it to Medicare.
You know that thing that keeps a heck of a lot of tea partiers alive?

I'm not a fan of the post office but I have to admit, mail is extremely timely for me. I get my mail quicker than I expect it most times.

and if you moved....tough shit.....and if it gets delivered to a vacant house or Apt. which happens quite a few times on my route....once again tough shit......bad street address....tough shit.....actually on this point...when UPS has a package that they dont know where the person lives because it has a bad number.....they send the PO a card with the address they have on it and ask the Carrier on the route if he can help them with this.....and if we know it we send it back with the correct Address or with the forwarding address.....and when audited by Price- Waterhouse the PO gets its mail there 90% of the time...ON TIME.....the other 10% lets take a look at how many letters come through with bad Addresses.....wrong zips.....things that make mail late.....

No postage increase beyond rate of inflation. :clap2:

That is the good news...bad news is Obama will soon sign a $6,000,000,000 emergency bill to give to the Post Office so it can pay retiree benefits. :evil:

You see...the board also found the the Post Office woes are not due to the recession; they are due to employee compensation and benefits that are far and away better than the private sector.
The board also found that a postal increase will not stop the real problem: a pension fund that is immpossible to pay for.
Gee...maybe they should consider that an average of $27 per hour for someone to pass mail around is just a wee bit high..or excessive holidays that cause overtime might be an issue, or fantastic benefits better than the private sector...etc. etc. etc.

In 1971, the “Post Office Department” was turned into a quasi-governmental corporation, the US Postal Service, which has a federally mandated monopoly on regular mail delivery. The majority of the USPS board are presidential appointees. There are no government appropriations, and a ‘Postal Rate Commission’ that determines rates. In the ‘70’s the USPS tried to close 12,000 underperforming or underutilized post offices, but politicians amended the Postal Reorganization Act to prohibit the closings. In ’77 the same thing happened when the USPS tried to suspend Saturday delivery. The result lost $2.8 billion in ’08 and expects to lose another $3 to $6 billion in 2009.Who will ultimately be responsible for paying these debts? The taxpayer.

Such is it when government masquerades as free market entities.

Well..there is the problem of that 'pesky" US Constitution...

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

What exactly do conservatives really know about it?

Forum List

Back