Poverty in America

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
This is what I told somebody who knocked on my door asking me for a donation to help solve poverty...

I said to them...
Where's the donation for me ?

I went to school everyday, and fought world war 3, world war 4, and then world wars 5 and 6 after that..

I grew up in a place where if its isn't rape or murder it isn't a crime..

Where 911 calls often go unanswered for hour after hour after hour, in the meantime hostiles are growing bigger and bigger in number by the minute.

I grew up in a place that has an almost 50 % high school dropout rate, one of America's largest number of colleges and universities...
But not many students are locals.

A place where just 3 % of the Public schools are safe, and they're reserved for the really crazy gifted.

And I never killed anybody, I never robbed anybody, I never did or sold drugs, and I never ran away from home..

And when I did drop out of high school, I sued the school...
And went I straight to work on my education.
Got a High School Diploma and went to Community College..
And went to real estate school after that.

And I never made kids before I was married and had a job.

And I'm still in financial turmoil..

So where the fuck is the donation for me ?

That's what I said to them.

This is what I told somebody who knocked on my door asking me for a donation to help solve poverty...

I said to them...

I went to school everyday, and fought world war 3, world war 4, and then world wars 5 and 6 after that..

Where 911 calls often go unanswered for hour after hour after hour, in the meantime hostiles are growing bigger and bigger in number by the minute.

I grew up in a place that has an almost 50 % high school dropout rate, one of America's largest number of colleges and universities...

A place where just 3 % of the Public schools are safe, and they're reserved for the really crazy gifted.

And I never killed anybody, I never robbed anybody, I never did or sold drugs, and I never ran away from home..

Just curious, have you ever considered a "self-help" counselor?

Martyrdom is so unappealing a character trait.

"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." Robert M. Pirsig

Martyrdom is so unappealing a character trait.

"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." Robert M. Pirsig

oh brother. coming from you that's hilarious.

I said to them...

Start a gofundme account... I will donate a dollar if you stop these stupid threads.

I said to them...

I must say, I'm very impressed that you fought in 6 world wars.

But, you're a high school dropout, in college now, have apparently simultaneous careers as a cop, a realtor, a nurse, and own a business making wooden palettes, and you STILL can't make a living?

According the the Repubs, the answer is for you to quit whining, get a second job and work longer hours.

... fought world war 3, world war 4, and then world wars 5 and 6 after that..

A place where just 3 % of the Public schools are safe, and they're reserved for the really crazy gifted......

Huh?

???

I said to them...

As I have said before, the answer isn't giving money.
The answer is training and education.
Someone needs to donate money, sure, but use it to send them to a trade school and get them jobs.
Or how to work a budget, how to live securely on a little. It CAN be done!

Forum List

Back