Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

I went into a Burger King today, and placed my order. After 15 minutes my order number still wasnt called and i was the only person in the store. So i walked up, one of the attendees asked if i would like to place an order, which i said, i was #44. The original person looked over and said "i thought someone else and filled your order" but still didnt proceed, while the other person then took it upon themselves to get my food ready...and these worthless fucks want to be paid 15 dollars and hour?
Go to $15/hr and they would be replaced. There's no reason a kiosk couldn't take your order, send it to the automated meat grinder which puts the correct amount of ground beef into the mold for the perfect shape, which in turn passes it into the oven, where it cooks for the perfect amount of time, then to the assembly machine that puts all the items you requested on the bun, wraps it and puts it in your bag. You get a cheaper, better burger and no one even touches it. All the restaurant would need for employees would be someone to monitor the machines and call tech support if for some reason the machine can't do it itself. That guy would get $15/hr and sometimes even earn it.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

A 1 bedroom apt in my city is like $1200/month
Student loan payment $300
Power/cable/phone/water.....another $400
Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Mr President.....$20 an hour is the minimum
A one time tax break for Capitalists can make it work because higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue.
You keep saying that without having any idea what you're talking about. The "higher paid labor" would be more than offset by the hordes of newly laid off and those unable to find any job at all.
We are talking about minimum wage jobs. What percentage of the labor force consists of minimum wage jobs? And, what you claim is only a short run equilibrium since higher paid labor also creates more in demand. Unemployment compensation could be improved to easily handle it.

2.7%
The rest of us advance.
Of course he ignores all those who currently make between MW and $15/hr, which is tens of millions. They would all get a raise.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

A one time tax break for Capitalists can make it work because higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue.
You keep saying that without having any idea what you're talking about. The "higher paid labor" would be more than offset by the hordes of newly laid off and those unable to find any job at all.
We are talking about minimum wage jobs. What percentage of the labor force consists of minimum wage jobs? And, what you claim is only a short run equilibrium since higher paid labor also creates more in demand. Unemployment compensation could be improved to easily handle it.

2.7%
The rest of us advance.
Of course he ignores all those who currently make between MW and $15/hr, which is tens of millions. They would all get a raise.
danny for some reason wont talk about that.....i have asked him at least 3 times.....and dont forget that those above 15 will ask for more too....

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

2.7%
The rest of us advance.
danny for some reason wont talk about that.....i have asked him at least 3 times.....and dont forget that those above 15 will ask for more too....
Yup, some 60% of the workforce earns less than $20/hr. All of them would be yelling for a raise or quitting. Heck, I would if I worked hard to earn 2-3 times the MW only to wake up and find out that a guy walking in off the street with no experience or qualifications could earn almost as much as me. It would turn the market upside down.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Get a job loser

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

2.7%
The rest of us advance.
Yup, some 60% of the workforce earns less than $20/hr. All of them would be yelling for a raise or quitting. Heck, I would if I worked hard to earn 2-3 times the MW only to wake up and find out that a guy walking in off the street with no experience or qualifications could earn almost as much as me. It would turn the market upside down.
danny has no concept of that yet.....i think he is like 16 years old and hasnt been in the work force yet....

Of course it would. Raising the MW to $15.00 an hour causes inflation because of the domino effect. The cost of living increases dramatically, and the people crying about MW being too little wil find themselves right back to where they started two or three years later. In the meantime, industry that can move, will. Either that or automation becomes much more of an attractive investment. More offshoring and cheap imports pouring into the country.

Last edited:
Go to $15/hr and they would be replaced. There's no reason a kiosk couldn't take your order, send it to the automated meat grinder which puts the correct amount of ground beef into the mold for the perfect shape, which in turn passes it into the oven, where it cooks for the perfect amount of time, then to the assembly machine that puts all the items you requested on the bun, wraps it and puts it in your bag. You get a cheaper, better burger and no one even touches it. All the restaurant would need for employees would be someone to monitor the machines and call tech support if for some reason the machine can't do it itself. That guy would get $15/hr and sometimes even earn it.

Maybe, but think of how perfect your burger will be. :bow2:

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Let's just set minimum wage at $100 an hour and let everyone work 20 hours a week and then we could all be happy.

This thread is more proof that if you give Dems an inch they take a mile.

Leftardz are absolutely retarded when it comes to simple logic, science and economics. . . .yet we are supposed to believe that they are the higher educated elites who carried the vote for Bidumb?

Fuck them all.

The left are blithering idiots. It's amazing to me they think their jobs killing punishing taxes and regulations and FREE shit will have no negative effect on people or the economy. It's like part of their brain is missing.

If the rent keeps going up minimum wages need to go up since companies are still making huge profits

If she's paying $1,200 for rent then her problem is where she lives, not minimum wage. I charge almost half of that for my apartments, and even the ones that are more expensive are not by that much. Here, for $1,200, you can rent a 3 bedroom house in a nice area.

These fucking pussy's of today make me sad.
I quit high school in the tenth grade, never worked a min wage job and retired at 46.
It was actually pretty easy. Got a job at a machine shop delivering parts,deburring parts,cleaning the chips out of the machines,cleaning the bathrooms and whatever else they asked me to do. Worked my way into inspection where I learned how to use all the tools and equipment needed to make sure the parts were made correctly and then moved onto machining those parts.
Ten years later I was making top dollar and five years later I was making parts for the NASA Shuttle program among other things.
Learned how to invest and of course donated the maximum to my 401K.
All it takes is time and a work ethic.
Kids these days think they should make top dollar when entering the workforce and have no clue what paying your dues means.

If the rent keeps going up minimum wages need to go up since companies are still making huge profits

If she's paying $1,200 for rent then her problem is where she lives, not minimum wage. I charge almost half of that for my apartments, and even the ones that are more expensive are not by that much. Here, for $1,200, you can rent a 3 bedroom house in a nice area.
in california a 1 bedroom in a so-so neighborhood goes for around 14-16 hundred a month...

in california a 1 bedroom in a so-so neighborhood goes for around 14-16 hundred a month...

They should move to a more affordable state.
Had a buddy who moved to California for around five years and said fuck it,I'm moving back to Texas where I can make a decent living.

Your avatar is for no college debt either huh. So "free" everything and a $20/min wage across the country, which equates to almost 42k/yr. You are telling me a high school kid working at McDonalds during the summer break should be making the equivalent of 42k/yr? Please tell me you aren't old enough to vote.

If she has college debt then that's her problem. If I were younger today, after I left high school I would get a full time job with plenty of overtime. If no overtime, get another part time job. If one has concerned and caring parents, live at home for a few years while you save every dime possible. In three of four years go to college and pay for it cash, while still working part time and then full time when school is out for the summer.

Nobody should be paying for people who made bad plans and now find themselves in a bad situation.

Forum List

Back