Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.
Minimum wage needs to be $50 and hour. Everyone will be making $100k a year.
Boom! No more poverty. Er’body is rich!!
Only the truly intelligent economist like myself could have come up with this, it’s never been thought of before.
You’re welcome, you stupid moderates and conservatives. Liberalism has once again solved the country’s problems with the benevolent force of the government.
And of course the right wing response is exaggeration absurdum.

Of course we know we need water to survive. But we can also drown.

We need oxygen to survive but pure oxygen would kill us

So let's go back to figuring out what the CORRECT minimum wage should be and stop the nonsense.

Currently that looks like $15/hr

Which by the way was what Florida just voted for

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.
Only the truly intelligent economist like myself could have come up with this, it’s never been thought of before.
You’re welcome, you stupid moderates and conservatives. Liberalism has once again solved the country’s problems with the benevolent force of the government.

So let's go back to figuring out what the CORRECT minimum wage should be and stop the nonsense.

That's the way it should be, by a vote. If Florida wants to chase industry out of their state, it's up to them, but a President should not be chasing industry out of the country.

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

That's the way it should be, by a vote. If Florida wants to chase industry out of their state, it's up to them, but a President should not be chasing industry out of the country.
We keep hearing about "job loss" from raising the minimum wage but it never happens

Funny how that works huh?

But right wingers are so corrupted by corporate bosses that they actually believe that lower wages for working folks (which they largely are) is a good thing

in california a 1 bedroom in a so-so neighborhood goes for around 14-16 hundred a month...

We had a family doing about five years ago, and my cousin from California flew in. She has an in-law suite in her house. It's one bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette. She told me she was getting $1,200 a month for that, and had many people applying to get it.
one bedrooms in places like Irvine or Lake Forrest Ca. can go for 2 thousand a month or better....but they are some pretty nice areas....

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

So you want half the country to make minimum wage?

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

How about we stop undercutting American wages by importing workers specifically to undercut American wages?
We could also stop allowing illegals to swamp our low wage jobs.
We could also stop exporting manufacturing.

Why don’t we deal with the cause of our wage problem, instead of using government to artificially patch it over, thereby causing more problems?

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

We keep hearing about "job loss" from raising the minimum wage but it never happens

But right wingers are so corrupted by corporate bosses that they actually believe that lower wages for working folks (which they largely are) is a good thing
Of course job losses happen when raising the minimum wage, it's economics 101..

Minimum wage is the bottom no matter how much you raise it..

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

thats because they are raised 50 cents or so not 5 bucks an hour....

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

I can tell you first hand. I have a small business, and if I have to bump some of my employees to $15, I can’t keep them all. I can’t pass the rate increases to the customer. I will be working later doing it myself.

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

I can tell you first hand. I have a small business, and if I have to bump some of my employees to $15, I can’t keep them all. I can’t pass the rate increases to the customer. I will be working later doing it myself.
I have a small business myself and I pay NO ONE less than $15/hour.

Maybe you ought to adjust your profit margin there bub.

Of course job losses happen when raising the minimum wage, it's economics 101..
Really?

Because every time there is a rise in minimum wage...and that claim is made...it doesn't happen

So you want half the country to make minimum wage?
You want half the country making nothing?

That doesn't make sense..

Once again half the country makes $15 or less

You really think a person now making $15 bucks an hour will now make $30 an hour?
Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

So what your saying is you want the government to raise the minimum wage, so you can destroy competition

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

Wait so if minimum wage will be $15 an hour are you going to pay them $30 an hour to keep up?

Your a lying son of a bitch.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

A 1 bedroom apt in my city is like $1200/month
Student loan payment $300
Power/cable/phone/water.....another $400
Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Mr President.....$20 an hour is the minimum

Why live in an apartment at all when he can buy a 2000 square foot homewith 2 1/2 baths and a double garage for 50k?

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

Common on fuck head tell us your employees will be happy knowing they will be making minimum wage@ $15 an hour?

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

Fuck $15 an hour.
Fuck $20 and hour.

I pay what the going market rate is. The minimum wage jobs are usually people just starting out, others still in school, etc.

And what you are advocating, bub, by adjusting my profit margin, is either passing on the costs (which not all businesses can do), or getting rid of an employee or 2.
I’m sure the couple kids working their way through school will feel very grateful for your insight, as I lay them off.
I’m sure the kids working the counters at fast food joints will also feel good about it when they are replaced by kiosks.

Forum List

Back