President Trump declines invitation to speak at NAACP convention

He's not just the president for white people, he's supposed to be everybody's president. For sure there are some organizations where you don't go, white supremacists for example, but I think he should have accepted their invite and laid out for them what he thinks should be done and how they can improve their situation. No BS, just straight talk about what they need to do so their kids won't be in the same boat the black community is right now.

So you'd be fine with him speaking at the American Freedom Party convention?

Did I not say there are some organizations he should not speak to, such as white supremacists?

The NAACP is a racist organization. What is the difference?

The difference is in numbers and degree. The NAACP has a significant impact in the black community, and whatever Trump says to them will be big news and that's why he ought to speak to them. Why? Cuz it's his job, that's why. So what if he gets hammered by the Left? Nothing new there, I just think that his GD twitter account isn't enough and he needs to get out there and not just among his supporters either. He needs to show some guts, a willingness to take the slings and arrows from his enemies rather than hit the golf course.

As for the NAACP being a racist organization, does the NAACP advocate for black supremacy? Maybe I missed it, I don't pay much attention to that kind of nonsense. Not sure everyone would classify the them int he same boat with the KKK or the AFP.

He's not just the president for white people, he's supposed to be everybody's president. For sure there are some organizations where you don't go, white supremacists for example, but I think he should have accepted their invite and laid out for them what he thinks should be done and how they can improve their situation. No BS, just straight talk about what they need to do so their kids won't be in the same boat the black community is right now.

I would agree with you if we had an honest press.
These MFers would have hit him with gotcha bullshit and the LSM would back it up.

Still gotta be the president for all of us. Ducking his responsibilities cuz he's afraid of getting bad press is a pretty poor excuse IMHO.

Would you ask someone you're suing to speak at your event?

These MFers would have hit him with gotcha bullshit and the LSM would back it up.

Still gotta be the president for all of us. Ducking his responsibilities cuz he's afraid of getting bad press is a pretty poor excuse IMHO.

No, probably not. Might make an exception though for the President of the United States. You're making a big deal out of that lawsuit, which is pure political bullshit. I'll be straight up honest about this, I think somebody needs to tell the black community that the NAACP is working more for their own best interests over that of their constituents. The BC needs new leadership and a new plan with new ideas cuz what they've been doing since 1970 ain't working.

No, probably not. Might make an exception though for the President of the United States. You're making a big deal out of that lawsuit, which is pure political bullshit. I'll be straight up honest about this, I think somebody needs to tell the black community that the NAACP is working more for their own best interests over that of their constituents. The BC needs new leadership and a new plan with new ideas cuz what they've been doing since 1970 ain't working.

Blacks need to fix their communities from within.
The crap all started when they started paying people to have children,that destroyed the black family unit.

The NAACP started off as a anti-discrimination civil rights group and they did some great work. They have morphed from mainstream to extreme.

I think he would have done better than Ross Perot. Well, maybe not.

They hate him so why bother?
President Trump isn't stupid enough to stand in front of a bunch of LIB negroes and be booed and yelled at and watch them turn their backs on him and then walk out on him........................which dozens of NAACP members had promised to do if President Trump showed up.
He knew the CNN/MSNBC cameras would be there to record the incident.

They are suing him. Why should he?

"He's not just the president for white people, he's supposed to be everybody's president."

The first line in my post, does it require further explanation? I don't care if they are suing him for political bullshit reasons, it's his job to talk to those organizations that have an impact on a significant number of Americans no matter who they are. Obviously some discretion is required and he can't be everywhere, but I think it's a mistake to avoid talkng to the NAACP.
President Trump ought to send a gift package to everyone attending the meeting.
In it a personally signed CD of his favorite John Denver songs and a KFC gift certificate for a single dinner (beverage not included).

Did Obama give a speech for the Klan?

The press certainly never gave president Trump the benefit of doubt.

Forum List

Back