President Trump withholding 100M$ in military aid to Lebanese army, has not given reason why, folks!

this helps Iran and Russia, says the media. RELEASE THE AID, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Mystery grows over Lebanon aid hold-up as impeachment looms

I guess I should be passed the stupidity of the Left by now but I'm not. THERE IS NO MYSTERY TO THIS!!!!!!!

"Hezbollah —also transliterated Hizbullah, Hizballah, etc.—is a Shia Islamist political party and militant group based in Lebanon. Hezbollah's paramilitary wing is the Jihad Council, and its political wing is the Loyalty to the Resistance Bloc party in the Lebanese parliament."

Fuck the left is stupid.

It is ILLEGAL for the President to hold up military aid for ANY reason, after Congress and the Senate has approved it. Fuck Trumpbots are stupid.

A dumb ass Canadian, commenting on US government. . . huh, imagine that?

NOPE Sister, it does not matter what congress has approved or not approved.

Hell, they can declare war on Russia for all they want.

IF he does not feel like pressing the attack, they have to sit and spin.

HE IS THE COMMANDER AND CHIEF.

As such, he is in charge of all interactions with foreign nations, and will be in charge of the execution of said affairs.

he is a wise man who does not grieve for the things he has not, but rejoices for those which he has

First, it is congressionally passed aid, of which the President signed, which made it LAW, and the President SHALL follow the law and give them the aid, after any stated legal parameters, if there are any, are met..

IF the president decides to delay the military aid, by LAW, he can only do so, by getting approval from Congress... of which Trump has not done, same with the Ukrainian Aid... he never got congress approval, to hold their military aid back.

He is a Man of Lawlessness, ONCE AGAIN! :eek:

--------------------------------------

the OP article says why it is very important aid... to FIGHT against Hezbollah in the region....

The mystery has only added to the consternation of the national security community, which believes the assistance that pays for American-made military equipment for the Lebanese army is essential, particularly as Lebanon reels in financial chaos and mass protests.

The aid is important to counter Iran’s influence in Lebanon, which is highlighted by the presence of the Iranian-supported Shiite Hezbollah movement in the government and the group’s militias, the officials said.

There is opposition to aid to the Lebanese army from outside the NSC. Pro-Israel hawks in Congress have long sought to de-fund the Lebanese military, arguing that it has been compromised by Hezbollah, which the U.S. designates as a “foreign terrorist organization.”

But the Pentagon and State Department reject that view, saying the army is the only independent Lebanese institution capable of resisting Hezbollah.

Outside experts agree.

-------------------------------

“The U.S. has some legitimate concerns about the Lebanese Armed Forces’ performance, but the FMF should resume quickly and publicly: both because of the program’s merit in terms of improving the LAF's counterterrorism performance but also to undermine the Hezbollah-Iranian-Syrian-Russian narrative that the U.S. is unreliable,” Feltman he told the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Tuesday.

Hale told the impeachment inquiry there were parallels between the Lebanon and Ukraine aid in that the White House refused to offer an explanation for the delays.

He said inquiries into the Lebanon assistance since June have been met with silence.

this helps Iran and Russia, says the media. RELEASE THE AID, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Mystery grows over Lebanon aid hold-up as impeachment looms

I guess I should be passed the stupidity of the Left by now but I'm not. THERE IS NO MYSTERY TO THIS!!!!!!!

"Hezbollah —also transliterated Hizbullah, Hizballah, etc.—is a Shia Islamist political party and militant group based in Lebanon. Hezbollah's paramilitary wing is the Jihad Council, and its political wing is the Loyalty to the Resistance Bloc party in the Lebanese parliament."

Fuck the left is stupid.

The money isn't for Hezbollah. In case you didn't know it, Lebanon is a country, not a militant group.
Fuck, the right is stupid.

Yeah right. Terrorist groups reside in Lebanon and that money goes straight to them.

Nobody in this forum is qualified to comment on this without access to the intelligence.
This no doubt depends in large part on the relationship of the Lebanese Army to the Israelis and what new development may have occurred between them, plus intelligence we may have gotten from Mossad and other sources, plus other factors.

Forum List

Back