President wants mandated paid sick leave because why?

It's amazing to me how liberals always assume that workers cannot think for themselves, and that they always need laws in order for them to succeed.

When an employee believes they are not being compensated enough for their skills, then the employee should take the initiative and seek employment where the compensation meets their desires.

This is how liberals view the world though, they believe they are of the superior intellect, and that everyone else needs their wisdom, and their rules in order to succeed.

Well, considering the govt isnt involved and more and more companies arent offering paid sick or maternity time. And knowing that people follow the "free market" which means more not less will follow suit.

What is your plan to make companies do better? Your only suggesting is to leave and find another job that does...or doesnt.

Basically cover your eyes and run from it is how you deal with millions of people

Why should companies be the judge, jury and executioner? I dont get it...

:wtf:

What is that even supposed to mean?

The only thing you're saying is govt shouldnt be involved. They arent involved now and very few have paid sick leave or paid maternaity leave.

That's a lie. The vast majority of companies offer these things in some form or another.

I truly hope that the Republicans continue with this "fuck helping the middle class and poor" campaign. It has a real upside for any politician who runs against a Republican.

Opposing a pointless government intervention that has the potential to work against working people is a "fuck helping the middle class and poor" campaign? :cuckoo:

I'm just not seeing an econ or social argument against mandating a x number of paid sick leave days. A employer does not have an unfettered right to unsafe working conditions, he may not racially or gender discriminate in hiring, and the gop is not going to make headway in eliminating a minimum wage ... and even advocating such is stupid, both economically and politically.

Are you even paying attention? The government should not be making the decision. If Acme Explosives wants to do away with paid sick time and offer double the PTO, why should the government stop them from doing it?

The only thing you're saying is govt shouldnt be involved. They arent involved now and very few have paid sick leave or paid maternaity leave. Doesnt that show you what the companies are going to do about it in the future? Or has the companies been super busy and they'll get around to one day?

Don't forget raise their pay too. I just wish the prick would do it for the DoD.

You have low skills. Isnt that the blanket reasoning Republicans give? That an "make yourself marketable"?

Just make the comment and save the fucken insults, Mkay?

Funny you say that, when you say the same to everyone else you pretend its not insulting. Suddenly now, only when directed to you, you see the insulting nature of it.

:wink: Good

I don't always begin every post with, "you're stupid".

Make your comment and leave it at that. We can debate without insulting each other

Once again, we're arguing with Obama supporters over yet another proposal intended to cause turmoil.

And you liberals wonder why people are just plain fed up with Obama.

Oh,.... .right,.......It's cuz he's black

Phffffft.

You're against paid sick leave for everyone because some jobs already have it? And you think its inferior?

Thats not a reason to be against it. I think Fords are inferior but I'm saying Fords shouldnt exist

I am against the government mandating the fact because it will solve pretty much nothing (the vast majority of jobs already have something in place) and because it interferes with employers' abilities to provide superior options. For example, some companies do not offer any paid sick time at all, and instead offer more general PTO to use whenever/why ever you want. Personally, I really like the latter. Many people are finding that they like the latter. I think the latter is far more advantageous to the worker than the traditional method of separate sick/vacation time.

I worked as an hourly tech in the Aerospace industry where the Union had negotiated 6 paid sick days a year. You were paid if you missed work and got paid once a year for the days you didn't take. I took a salaried position after about a year and got 12 days a year PTO. It was take 'em or lose 'em and when I left the company for another position they got 64 of my days back that I didn't use. I called that PPP, or 'piss poor planning' on my part. :)

I'm just not seeing an econ or social argument against mandating a x number of paid sick leave days.

Then you need to read my posts in the first page.
I found them curiously lacking and what was there unconvincing. The argument against is really that people will take them even if they aren't sick. There are several answers to that. One, is pay them for not taking them. The negative is that costs the employer. But, we could make that a tax credit or deductible expense.

The only thing you're saying is govt shouldnt be involved. They arent involved now and very few have paid sick leave or paid maternaity leave. Doesnt that show you what the companies are going to do about it in the future? Or has the companies been super busy and they'll get around to one day?

Don't forget raise their pay too. I just wish the prick would do it for the DoD.

You have low skills. Isnt that the blanket reasoning Republicans give? That an "make yourself marketable"?

Funny you say that, when you say the same to everyone else you pretend its not insulting. Suddenly now, only when directed to you, you see the insulting nature of it.

Make your comment and leave it at that. We can debate without insulting each other

How about no, you only feel the sting of your bullshit when its repeated back to you and about you. Thats not my talking point so if you find it insulting....stop fucking being insulting

I'm just not seeing an econ or social argument against mandating a x number of paid sick leave days.

I found them curiously lacking and what was there unconvincing. The argument against is really that people will take them even if they aren't sick. There are several answers to that. One, is pay them for not taking them. The negative is that costs the employer. But, we could make that a tax credit or deductible expense.

I have not worked civil service put have heard that sick leave that government employees get is quite generous. Of course, they are not required to make a profit for their employer, so it doesn't really matter. The only time it is abused that I know of is the Police Union is negotiating for a raise, and they call what is labeled a 'sick in' and a lot of them call in sick the same day(s).
Just saying.

I have not worked civil service put have heard that sick leave that government employees get is quite generous. Of course, they are not required to make a profit for their employer, so it doesn't really matter. The only time it is abused that I know of is the Police Union is negotiating for a raise, and they call what is labeled a 'sick in' and a lot of them call in sick the same day(s).
Just saying.
I believe govt employees are treated much the same as those companies that provide paid personal leave/vacation. I'm in that situation. If I take sick leave, my first day must be vacation, and I can be required to provide a doctor's excuse (though frankly that's pretty loosey goosey because I'm not going to a doc for the flu).

How about no, you only feel the sting of your bullshit when its repeated back to you and about you. Thats not my talking point so if you find it insulting....stop fucking being insulting

Voicing an alternative viewpoint usually is insulting to a liberal. The reason is, their ideas are wrong and are insulted when they are reminded of it.

Voicing an alternative viewpoint usually is insulting to a liberal. The reason is, their ideas are wrong and are insulted when they are reminded of it.

So you're a liberal now that you're insulted by your own talking point?....LMAO...Hilarious

So you're a liberal now that you're insulted by your own talking point?....LMAO...Hilarious

:lame2:

Now try something honest.

But now your advocating tax-cuts for the rich.

How dare you.....:oops-28:

Forum List

Back