Presidential Rankings........Obama: Tenth......Trump: last

Trump’s ratings won’t improve.

Not after the conviction.

Even if Trump escapes conviction, the people he surrounded himself with and his family surrogates will not

It shows either a leader who has others do their dirty work or a leader who has no control over his administration. Neither is good for the Trump legacy

Looks like Trump has nowhere to go but up

Opinion | How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?

Since our previous survey in 2014, some presidential legacies have soared (Barack Obama’s stock has climbed into the Top 10), while others have fallen (Andrew Jackson toppled to 15, out of the Top 10).

And President Trump? Let’s say that, according to the 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section who filled out our survey, he has at least three years to improve on an ignominious debut.

Every Republican while President is the worst ever and after they leave office and another one get elected then that one become the worst...

Also your survey is racist because everyone knows Obama was the greatest human or being ever and if he is not number one, well then the Survey is racist...

Greatest President ever is Garfield...

Why?

1. The name damn it!

2. He did not live long enough to mess things up!

:saythat:

Since our previous survey in 2014, some presidential legacies have soared (Barack Obama’s stock has climbed into the Top 10), while others have fallen (Andrew Jackson toppled to 15, out of the Top 10).

And President Trump? Let’s say that, according to the 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section who filled out our survey, he has at least three years to improve on an ignominious debut.

Hmmmm...this may have something to do with baby's temper tantrums over the weekend. Losing out to Obama AGAIN. That has got to sting the thin skinned orange blob.

The NYT? Go away.
What is wrong with the survey of 170 historians?

The POTUS apologists are going to be fussing that the majority of the respondents to the poll identified as Democrat, and therefore a fake news poll.

Anyone who would include a President who is one year into their presidency in a historical context isn't being serious. We're able to make serious judgements a few years after they're out.
I'd say precognitive...
I continue to hope for the best. #1 would be fine with me, I don't mind being proven wrong.

As much as I dislike Trump, I would have to rank him above Bush 43 (who I like)

While Trump is totally unsuited for the job he holds, he has not done any lasting damage. Most can be fixed within a year of him leaving office

Bush on the other hand, gave up the worse terrorist attack in history. His response to that attack was to get the US involved in two unnecessary wars, engage in torture and set up a concentration camp in Gitmo. To top it off, he oversaw the biggest economic collapse in 70 years

While Trump is totally unsuited for the job he holds, he has not done any lasting damage. Most can be fixed within a year of him leaving office

Bush on the other hand, gave up the worse terrorist attack in history. His response to that attack was to get the US involved in two unnecessary wars, engage in torture and set up a concentration camp in Gitmo. To top it off, he oversaw the biggest economic collapse in 70 years

Agreed. Trump has the potential to be far, far worse than anyone who has come before him. Let's hope he leaves or he loses the GOP majority before he has a chance to do lasting damage.

apparently, you've missed the assorted hot dog vendors, bicycle messengers and pimps, like gorsuch, that he's nominated to the federal bench.

talk about the gift that keeps on giving

apparently, you've missed the assorted hot dog vendors, bicycle messengers and pimps, like gorsuch, that he's nominated to the federal bench.

talk about the gift that keeps on giving

We would have gotten the same from any Republican who won
To the victor goes the spoils....those seats are spoils

Agreed. Trump has the potential to be far, far worse than anyone who has come before him. Let's hope he leaves or he loses the GOP majority before he has a chance to do lasting damage.

I agree

Trump is capable of being much worse than Bush
But we trusted Bush's judgement and gave him free reign to do what he wanted after 9-11
That judgement turned out to be wrong

Trump is not trusted by either party. When Trump says, I need to do this
Nobody will support him
While he is capable of bringing us to war....I doubt the people or Congress will support him

The NYT? Go away.
What is wrong with the survey of 170 historians?

Ahh Shit!!!

You went and asked people who know what they are talking about...

"Opinion | How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?"

o·pin·ion
[əˈpinyən]
NOUN
  1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.."

The opinion of people who know a lot more than you.

Forum List

Back