Prof Peter Boghossian Resigns from Portland State After ‘Intellectual Exploration’ Made ‘Impossible’

He false died data and did his best to embarrass the scientific community, his peers, by playing on their trust that he wouldn't lie to them about his results.

The guy's a weasel who destroyed his own credibility.

If they publish crap like he foisted on them, they deserve to be embarrassed.

He didn't lie. The papers were pure bullshit intentionally as part of his research.

He false died data and did his best to embarrass the scientific community,

Social science. Made them look like morons he did.
He did no such thing.

1631194963617.png

Durr......

What a disgrace.

I never once believed nor do I now that the purpose of instruction was to lead my students to a particular conclusion. Rather, I sought to create the conditions for rigorous thought; to help them gain the tools to hunt and furrow for their own conclusions. This is why I became a teacher and why I love teaching.​
But brick by brick, the university has made this kind of intellectual exploration impossible. It has transformed a bastion of free inquiry into a Social Justice factory whose only inputs were race, gender, and victimhood and whose only outputs were grievance and division.​
Students at Portland State are not being taught to think. Rather, they are being trained to mimic the moral certainty of ideologues. Faculty and administrators have abdicated the university’s truth-seeking mission and instead drive intolerance of divergent beliefs and opinions. This has created a culture of offense where students are now afraid to speak openly and honestly.​

Forum List

Back