🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Progressives always talk about mininum wage

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Because it doesn't keep up with inflation.

Yet, inflation is the problem, not the wage.

What is (massive) inflation caused by?

Printing Money.

What is printing money caused by?

Borrowing money.

What is borrowing money caused by?

Progressive Programs.

----------------------------------------------------------

So Progressive Programs demands that we borrow, which means we print mass money, which means we get mass inflation, which means wages are weaker; then Progressives try to fix the problem by more government intervention, raising the minimum wage, cause more unemployment, therefore more welfare programs, therefore more borrowing, more money printing, therefore more inflation, therefore even weaker wages.

Rinse and repeat!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1913, the Progressive Era:

Inflation-in-the-United-States-Since-18001.jpg

InflationHistory1800-2003.gif

prc18991.gif

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Printing Money.

Borrowing money.

Progressive Programs.

----------------------------------------------------------

So Progressive Programs demands that we borrow, which means we print mass money, which means we get mass inflation, which means wages are weaker; then Progressives try to fix the problem by more government intervention, raising the minimum wage, cause more unemployment, therefore more welfare programs, therefore more borrowing, more money printing, therefore more inflation, therefore even weaker wages.

Rinse and repeat!

The spending problems are because of the right wing trash. Reagan spent the nation into oblivion and W took the biggest surplus in US history, and turned it into the biggest deficit.

The GOP doesn't give a damn about fiscal responsibility.

The entire minimum wage argument is a red herring.

Only 3% of all hourly wage earners make the federal minimum wage or less and many of those are service workers who receive tips.

I wish we'd stick to sound economics....

At the most "minimum wage" could be put into place at a industry to industry case at break even point on the supply and demand chart. Anything more hurts the workers as the business closes its doors.

The key to minimum wage or not paying a living wage for your area is ....Who makes up the difference?

If you don't pay your workers a wage on which they can support themselves or their families, it is the taxpayer who steps in to pay housing subsidies, food stamps for medical care

THe business profits off of substandard wages and leaves it up to the taxpayer to make up the difference

Basically all debates about wages and compensation are really debates about WEALTH DISTRIBUTION.

Inflation can confuse the issue, of course, but it still comes down to how TODAYS PIE (I note it as today's pie because we all agree the pie change size over time) will be divided among the people.

Increasing wages have never caused inflation, fyi.

Increasing wages CANNOT cause inflation.

If you just stop for moment you realize that demanding (or even getting) higher wages does NOT CREATE new money.

ONLY BORROWING creates new money in our system, folks.

THINK about this, folks...because in most cases I am pretty certain that most of you believe that increasing wages CAUSES INFLATION.

Increased wages cannot do that, kiddies.

ONLY the banksters (or the government with the help of the banksters) can create NEW MONEY.

At the most "minimum wage" could be put into place at a industry to industry case at break even point on the supply and demand chart. Anything more hurts the workers as the business closes its doors.

What would your criteria be to determine which industries "deserve" to have money stolen from them by the government to be given to people that haven't earned it?

When I was a high school kid making minimum wage at Kentucky Fried Chicken (long before it was known as KFC), it was a foregone conclusion that I would constantly be bettering myself and making myself more valuable in the job marketplace (through college loans, grants, scholarships and added training). That minimum wage job was just to get me from one step in life to the next.

Not once did it ever occur to me that the job at KFC was anything other than temporary, a brief means to an end. My family didn't have any money, but my mom always placed the highest standards and expectations on us, and that carried me into college and beyond. The KFC job? Yuck.

Crazy, huh? Man, I must have been living on Mars. How mean I must be.

When I was a high school kid making minimum wage at Kentucky Fried Chicken (long before it was known as KFC), it was a foregone conclusion that I would constantly be bettering myself and making myself more valuable in the job marketplace (through college loans, grants, scholarships and added training). That minimum wage job was just to get me from one step in life to the next.

Not once did it ever occur to me that the job at KFC was anything other than temporary, a brief means to an end. My family didn't have any money, but my mom always placed the highest standards and expectations on us, and that carried me into college and beyond. The KFC job? Yuck.

Crazy, huh? Man, I must have been living on Mars. How mean I must be.

You got a higher minimum wage then than they do now, adjusted for inflation.

Only 3% of all hourly wage earners make the federal minimum wage or less and many of those are service workers who receive tips.

Well no it's not.

If it were? There would be no problem raising it.

What would your criteria be to determine which industries "deserve" to have money stolen from them by the government to be given to people that haven't earned it?

So where are you guys when industries like Lockheed Martin "steal" 400 Billion from Tax Payers?

Reese Schonfeld: The F-35, $400 Billion Boondoggle: A Christmas Present

This is where the money lost to labor in the lagging minimum wage, in fact to lagging wages in general, is going:

corporate-profits-labor-share.jpg

...to corporate profits.

More collective thinking. Do you have a chart that compares profits to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere? It would make as much sense as this one.

Well no it's not.

If it were? There would be no problem raising it.

It doesn't matter so why spend the time and money for a measly 3% of earners some of whom make tips and therefore in actuality earn above minimum wage.

This is where the money lost to labor in the lagging minimum wage, in fact to lagging wages in general, is going:

corporate-profits-labor-share.jpg

...to corporate profits.

More collective thinking. Do you have a chart that compares profits to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere? It would make as much sense as this one.

If you are so stupid as to not understand that labor is a cost then I can't help you.

Printing Money.

Borrowing money.

The Republican "Deficits don't matter" when a Republican is president philosophy.

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter."
Dick Cheney

'I don't worry about the deficit. It's big enough to take care of itself.'
Ronald Reagan

Forum List

Back